• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Sheff Utd 3-0 Chelsea - Saturday 11th July, 2020

Recommended Posts

Kick-off 17.30

Live on Sky Sports

220px-Sheffield_United_FC_logo.svg.png     VS     1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Head to Head
Sheff Utd - 27
Draws - 16
Chelsea - 38

Reverse Fixture
Chelsea 2-2 Sheff Utd

Recent Form
Sheff Utd - LLWDW
Chelsea - WWLWW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Kante or Kovacic still by the sound of it. 

Kepa

James--Rudiger--Zouma--Dave

Jorginho

Ruben----Mount

Willian------------------------Pulisic

Giroud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Draw or Sheff Utd win please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilmour out for the rest of the season with a knee injury. 

The fuck is up with our youth? The moment they show promising signs, an injury completely stalls them. 

Ruben with his back and Achilles. 

CHO and his Achilles

James and his hammy. 

Tammy and his ankle

Now Gilmour and his knee. 

 

Mount really the only reliable one at the moment. And he's played every league game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Gilmour out for the rest of the season with a knee injury. 

The fuck is up with our youth? The moment they show promising signs, an injury completely stalls them. 

Ruben with his back and Achilles. 

CHO and his Achilles

James and his hammy. 

Tammy and his ankle

Now Gilmour and his knee. 

 

Mount really the only reliable one at the moment. And he's played every league game!

It could also just be precautionary. The injury may not be that severe but keeping him out will guarantee   healing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spike said:

It could also just be precautionary. The injury may not be that severe but keeping him out will guarantee   healing?

 
Apparently he just took an arrow knock to the knee. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Sheff Utd!

McBurnie's deflected shot is well saved by Kepa but McGoldrick quickest to react. 1-0!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2-0! McBurnie with a very good header.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good first half. Sheffield Utd are a tough team to play especially at home.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a season it’s been

Took off the fake crowd noise and can just hear Wilder non-stop 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That defending was horrible. Laid it on a plate for McGoldrick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read an article today that had Lampard in the running for Manager of the Year with Klopp and Wilder. Absolutely fucking laughable.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

I read an article today that had Lampard in the running for Manager of the Year with Klopp and Wilder. Absolutely fucking laughable.

I mean I do think he’s done a pretty decent job with Chelsea this season. But I think Klopp, for the season we’ve had, or Wilder from coming up from the league below and then giving every side a go and doing as well as they have... they’ve got to be the front runners.

So many people had Sheffield United predicted to come last place. He’s done an incredible job. Especially when you look at the other sides that were promoted with them and how shit they’ve been.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea have been outfought, outplayed and tactically out-smarted by Sheff Utd.

Expected more from them today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean I do think he’s done a pretty decent job with Chelsea this season. But I think Klopp, for the season we’ve had, or Wilder from coming up from the league below and then giving every side a go and doing as well as they have... they’ve got to be the front runners.

So many people had Sheffield United predicted to come last place. He’s done an incredible job. Especially when you look at the other sides that were promoted with them and how shit they’ve been.

If Klopp doesn't win it it's a joke

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shut up said:

If Klopp doesn't win it it's a joke

I agree tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I read an article today that had Lampard in the running for Manager of the Year with Klopp and Wilder. Absolutely fucking laughable.

Well, we don't all get an automatic penalty 2 seconds after kick off mate... some teams have to try and win without all that extra help... 

On a serious note, United do seem to get a lot of penalties and help from the refs and VAR

On another serious note though... I didn't expect us to keep a clean sheet in this because we are becoming very boring and predictable these days... It's great that we have some decent players coming in over the summer but that won't change a fucking thing if we keep leaking goals like we are... truly awful in defence and have been all season... It would be fine if we could score 6 goals per game next season then we could take our chances they won't score 7 but as today proves we can't even score 1 xD

It has been our undoing today and only Spurs and Arsenals' worse form this season has given us a position that is above our station currently.. I am not even sure that Lampard has the skill set to be a defensive manager, or should I say be able to get the best out of them.. Some of our defending has been comic gold and they seem totally incapable of learning from their own mistakes.. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shut up said:

If Klopp doesn't win it it's a joke

 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I agree tbh

Same.

Wilder comes 2nd easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, Chelsea lose convincingly to Sheffield United. I missed this one, but judging by the comments it was a well deserved win for United.

Chelsea have been busy in the transfer market spending large sums of money on offensive players like Werner and Ziyech. They are also rumoured to be after another offensive player in the form of the £90 million valued Havertz. Judging by some of their defending this season, I think that they should now try to look for more defensive additions, rather than attacking ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Judging by some of their defending this season, I think that they should now try to look for more defensive additions, rather than attacking ones.

You reckon??? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I read an article today that had Lampard in the running for Manager of the Year with Klopp and Wilder. Absolutely fucking laughable.

It's laughable that's he is in contention yeah but I think he has done relatively well even if we finish 6th and get knocked out of the cup by you lot. Next season is where we'll see if he's really up to it. 

It's getting to breaking point though, with the defensive issues, I haven't seen us defend this badly for years and years and it's something Lampard is going to have to sort out. Whether he strengthens the defence with signings or finds other solutions elsewhere, it has to be done. As I've been saying this season for a while, it's not necessarily something systematically or tactically that seems to be the issue, it's just awful individual defending time and time again. Regarding the setup, we have a very bad defensive record from set-pieces which you can put some of the blame on Lampard for that, you know if our defensive record had been significantly better in those situations alone, perhaps we'd be sitting more comfortably now in the top four. Personnel wise, the reality is, this season, Kepa doesn't save a thing and is easily the worst keeper in the league on this season's performances. You know, good keepers can save you some points in a season and the reality is we haven't had that to rely on at all, I cannot remember the last time Kepa made a decent save of note at all. 70M? Looking like probably one of the worst signings in Premier League history at the moment.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think it’s easy to look at that game and say we need new players defensively but we needed and still need to strengthen in attack as well. We have areas to strengthen all over the pitch really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

It's laughable that's he is in contention yeah but I think he has done relatively well even if we finish 6th and get knocked out of the cup by you lot. Next season is where we'll see if he's really up to it. 

Yea, I wouldn't have him in contention considering what has been achieved elsewhere this season however, He has done well considering we lost Hazard and had zero transfers in over the last 2 windows and he has done well with what he has even if the defence has been a massive let down.. Got a lot of the youngsters in so needs a pat on the back for that.. What I am struggling with a bit is that we seem to be putting all our efforts into the attacking side of our play and so far nothing into what has clearly been the worst performing part of the team?? 

Unless there are some things going on in the background we are not aware of and there are a couple of players coming in to bolster those positions I can just see it being a demoralising situation when we score and then let in 2 or more at the other end next season... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well, we don't all get an automatic penalty 2 seconds after kick off mate... some teams have to try and win without all that extra help... 

On a serious note, United do seem to get a lot of penalties and help from the refs and VAR

On another serious note though... I didn't expect us to keep a clean sheet in this because we are becoming very boring and predictable these days... It's great that we have some decent players coming in over the summer but that won't change a fucking thing if we keep leaking goals like we are... truly awful in defence and have been all season... It would be fine if we could score 6 goals per game next season then we could take our chances they won't score 7 but as today proves we can't even score 1 xD

It has been our undoing today and only Spurs and Arsenals' worse form this season has given us a position that is above our station currently.. I am not even sure that Lampard has the skill set to be a defensive manager, or should I say be able to get the best out of them.. Some of our defending has been comic gold and they seem totally incapable of learning from their own mistakes.. 

You remember for years when Terry was your second goalkeeper? With his diving one handed saves and penalties never being given against you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It has been our undoing today and only Spurs and Arsenals' worse form this season has given us a position that is above our station currently.. I am not even sure that Lampard has the skill set to be a defensive manager, or should I say be able to get the best out of them.. Some of our defending has been comic gold and they seem totally incapable of learning from their own mistakes.. 

As much as Lampard might not get the best out of them, it helps if you have adequate defenders in the first place. All season they've not been able to do basics, especially Christensen who sometimes defends like Luiz, ends up ball-watching as opposed to marking your man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang your boots up Christensen. Rudiger needs to be demoted to a football agent instead of an actual center back. That’s all he’s good for. 
 

So glad I didn’t watch that shower of shit. Predictable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was Chelsea today xD

GqkWnr0h.gif

 

Edited by Happy Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement