talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

What about Hazard? been shit since the start of December, got one goal from a penalty spot against Arsenal. Overall not doing enough, not creating enough and barely ever completes 90 minutes. Just three goals more than in our disastrous season when we finished 10th. People always jump on his critics and claim he is World Class, does anyone actually still believe that? World Class players score or make a difference when the team is struggling. He is only good when the team is good, simple as that. If he is fucking tired then fucking drop him play 3-4-3 with Pedro and Willian they are more than willing to get his spot. In the last 10 games he was subbed 7 times, while once he came off the bench. 

Incredible 

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

What about Hazard? been shit since the start of December, got one goal from a penalty spot against Arsenal. Overall not doing enough, not creating enough and barely ever completes 90 minutes. Just three goals more than in our disastrous season when we finished 10th. People always jump on his critics and claim he is World Class, does anyone actually still believe that? World Class players score or make a difference when the team is struggling. He is only good when the team is good, simple as that. If he is fucking tired then fucking drop him play 3-4-3 with Pedro and Willian they are more than willing to get his spot. In the last 10 games he was subbed 7 times, while once he came off the bench. 

Incredible 

He was very good against Arsenal away, against Atlético at home and tore Brighton, Newcastle and Huddersfield a part, against Southampton he also didn't play poorly. Didn't play /start against Norwich, Stoke, Bournemouth which leaves the Everton, West Ham, Arsenal (0-0) and Leicester games where he was poor. He's also been our best player in the Champions League this season.

Last few games he's been very poor, losing the ball or giving it away which isn't him as he's very good at keeping hold of it and his finishing hasn't been up to his usual standards. The system suffocates him at times, against the bigger teams the three in midfield works better as there's more space for Hazard to exploit, against Arsenal at home in the cup, Arsenal played rather defensively so this was partly a factor (not an excuse for him) which doesn't help his game. In contrast against Arsenal away in the league he had more space to operate in and we saw a better performance.

What we are seeing in the 3-5-2 is Hazard being crowded out a lot of the time, he's always been surrounded quickly by defenders as a player but it's more of the case in the 3-5-2 as a lot of the time he lacks support in and around him and opposing teams know that Hazard is the only real threat in terms of running at players, creating etc. He's the only one who can beat a player and make something happen and when you have the likes of Fabregas, Bakayoko and Morata not performing well enough around him, you almost get the impression at times watching the games it's him against the world. I'm not necessarily using this as an excuse for him as in the games against West Ham etc, this was the case but he still performed poorly with the chances and space he did have but nevertheless it is a factor for me.

We need to see more of the 3-4-3 against inferior opposition. I like the introduction of the 3-5-2, it's true we used a variant of it last season (during games in terms of game management) but this season we're seeing it from the start of matches and it's obviously in response to Conte seeing us get outnumbered and dominated in the midfield against better opposition last season. Why Pedro is good and (I still feel under appreciated by Chelsea fans) is the fact he links up with Hazard and the striker well, it gives the opposition something else to think about. Pedro understands players like Hazard, we're seeing far less of that link up play we had last season. Willian can offer that as well at times but he gives the ball away too much for it to be consistently effective. If not 3-4-3, why not another shape? There was no need to have five defenders on the pitch in the West Ham and Everton games. Imagine Hazard in the Liverpool or Man City teams with their attacking players and movement? Yes he would have to sacrifice more defensively in terms of pressing but the difference is huge.

He'll go to Madrid and win the Balon d'Or

You only have to look at last weekend with regard to this whole Hazard vs Coutinho debacle. Mane, Firmino, and Salah took the piss out of City. 

That would never be the case with Willian, Oscar, or Pedro. 

Edited by Cicero

I would pretty much agree with Luke’s assessment of Hazard this season. I happen to think his stay in the middle of the park has over-run its good and a time back out wide would be beneficial to all. For me Hazards weak-point is his finishing. It could be classed as diabolical in certain games and I have lost count of the number of times he beats the keeper only to hit a defender on the line or the woodwork. Of late he has taken to keeping hold of the ball for too long around the box looking to force his shot away instead of the easy lay off. I guess in his defence the rest of them have lost there way infront of goal too. I would still grade him as the best player in the EFL, mainly because he does things others cant.

Those who feel he will leave this summer maybe disappointed as I feel he will sign a new long term contract before the end of this season. Obviously that don’t mean he will 100% will stay. Oh, it’s not his fault he does not complete 90 mins, that’s down to our tactical genius manager.

It’s the loss of form of Morata which is hitting us hardest of late, plus the refusal of the manager to start anyone else up front other than our one footed young CF. I deify anyone to offer a difference between Morata last 8 starts and any of MB’s?  

Anyway, best to point out our best player in the last month or so has been Willian by a country mile. Yes, he has his faults, but I wouldn’t want to see him in any other PL team shirt.

As far as new formations tactics ect, well I am of the opinion nothing will help if the manager continues to talk through his ass playing the victim of a manager who has no control on who comes and goes. Today a new low when he bit on a question asked about Hazard being happy about being replaced all the time.

Like I said a few days ago, he is being far more open with the media, baiting the board.

I just wonder if we are ready for a change now?

Only reason he subs him is because he's protecting him. Conte isn't daft as he knows that if Hazard is injured, our season is finished. 

Those that don't rate him and/or continue to state he blows hot and cold, really couldn't be much further than the truth. A truth that is ever so blatant. 

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

He'll go to Madrid and win the Balon d'Or

You only have to look at last weekend with regard to this whole Hazard vs Coutinho debacle. Mane, Firmino, and Salah took the piss out of City. 

That would never be the case with Willian, Oscar, or Pedro. 

If he wins Balon d'Or at Madrid or ever i will eat my shit, bookmark it

Well, good news is Matt Law is reporting we are FINALLY after another LWB. Emerson Palmieri of Roma (who looks quite impressive)

Bad news is, he's injured. 

What the actual fuck is up with the fasination of buying injured footballers? 

Edited by Cicero

@Cicero once again we are witness to Zappacosta's impressive crossing (he can curl that ball like a champ!) but also his inability to move effectively with and without the ball. Booo, stop teasing us. If players could be fused together like in Dragon Ball Z Victor Zappacosta would be the best fullback in the world.

• Haha 1

Overall i was impressed with Kenedy, he does leave his position more often but has pace and can cross the ball well. He is not that good defensively but he is a good option to have for sure. People still saying Baka had a bad game? Has he really? He made one wrong pass for the entire game, felt he did okay nothing extraordinary but did well. Obviously he is now under extreme pressure and our fans booing his every wrong pass is really helping out.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-fifa-transfer-ban-investigation-young-players-foreign-a8166946.html

Fifa’s disciplinary committee is investigating Chelsea FC’s signing of 25 foreign players under the age of 18.

The move is the latest step in Fifa’s investigation into whether Chelsea have broken Fifa rules in their transfers of young foreign players. If Chelsea are found to have committed serious breaches, they could face a two-window transfer ban, as Barcelona and Atletico Madrid both served.

Fifa has strict rules stating that clubs cannot sign under-18s from foreign countries, with exemptions for parents who migrated for non-football reasons, for families who grew up near the relevant national border, and for transfers within the European Union or European Economic Area.

Great news we could finally be forced to play the youth :ph34r:

Good team win today, Hazard motm credit where it's due even tough it was only Brighton but great goals all four. The attack was always a danger and Michy had a good game too. The back line was very shaky apart from Caballero who made a few great saves. Bakayoko played an okay game very similar to the one vs Norwich. The result was a bit harsh on Brighton as they hit a post and had a few more decent chances, credit to them for not parking the bus.

Don't want to say to much about the weekend game other than Brighton are pretty much a Championship standard team which we closed down within the first 10 mins. Hazard and more so Willian on a different level to all others on the pitch. The latter is back to his season best performances before the loss of his mother during last season. The manager seems to trust him too. Team far more mobile without Fabregas. Would have liked to have seen Barkley, the new Lampard, make his debut.

Not sure what to make of the two Roma players said to be on their way. I remember hearing Cahill and Terry pretty much saying the CF is no problem when he was at City. We will see if it comes to fruition.