talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The fact you spent nearly 60 million on two players should be an indicator we have in my opinion. 

I know it's really strange to see Everton spend that kind of money in one go without a sale but it's always been there, brother. It has been since Moshiri walked through the doors. We'd have signed these players even if Lukaku was staying. 

58 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Lukaku

Hazard----------------Pedro

Sandro-----------Bakayoko--------Kante-----Azpilicueta

Van Dijk-------------Luiz--------Christensen

Courtois

Lukaku

Hazard------------Pedro

Kante-----Cesc

Bakayoko

Sandro------Van Dijk-------Luiz-----Azpilicueta

Courtois

Lukaku-----------Batshuayi

Hazard----------------------------------------------Pedro

Kante------------Bakayoko

Sandro----------Van Dijk---------Luiz-------Azpilicueta

Courtois

HaHaHa you are just the same as Happy Blue  :D

43 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I think it is already done, just won't be announced until July 1st. Reckon he will be the new signing the club has been talking about.  

They would be taking the piss if the highly anticipated signing was Caballero 

It will be trust me, all hail king Willy.

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

News tonight we have given away Bertrand Traore to Lyon for 10m euros.

I cant work that one out.... must be one hell of a sell on percentage

France-based football writer & broadcaster, Matt Spiro is saying 15%

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

This is the Chelsea business model, hoover up young talent for peanuts, showcase it out on loan and sell for exceptional profit. Traore cost pretty much fuck all in 2013 when they pinched him from France. 

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Daily Mail are reporting there is a buy back clause and a similar clause being spoken too Bournemouth on Ake.

Makes it a little better

What a shocking paper that is... I would rather read the Sun newspaper than that and I wouldn't even use the Sun newspaper to wipe my arse that's how little I think of the quality... 

Chelsea will also have 15% of his next sell and first refusal. Not a bad option if we ever try to buy him back. First of July coming soon, now heavily linked with a double swoop with Bakayoko and Sandro. I just fear we will be paying way too much for Sandro, Bakayoko is only 22 so a hefty price is needed any how. Will it mean that we will basically bench Alonso after a great debut season? I doubt we will pay 60+ mill for Sandro and not play him.

9 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

What a shocking paper that is... I would rather read the Sun newspaper than that and I wouldn't even use the Sun newspaper to wipe my arse that's how little I think of the quality... 

I hear you Bluewolf, but I would understand more where you are coming from if you could name a British national newspaper that isnt as you describe the Mail or best use of the Sun.

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Chelsea will also have 15% of his next sell and first refusal. Not a bad option if we ever try to buy him back. First of July coming soon, now heavily linked with a double swoop with Bakayoko and Sandro. I just fear we will be paying way too much for Sandro, Bakayoko is only 22 so a hefty price is needed any how. Will it mean that we will basically bench Alonso after a great debut season? I doubt we will pay 60+ mill for Sandro and not play him.

A lot of truth in what you say True Blue. I have to admit it would be tough on Alonso, but I can understand the up grading with Sandro. Sky and a number of media outlets making much of the 120M we have spent (If Sandro arrives) on Left backs since Ashley left.

I can agree with Cicero even though i always said otherwise. After a title win we never invested heavily to improve for next season. Heavily meaning on breaking the bank, i am always against relentless spending, but we have sold several players, the new Nike deal is here so the funds will be spend on what we earned not Romans money. We will probably sell more players until the windows ends and if we bring 4 players with high quality, plus a few youngsters to fill the team i would be delighted. If Conte wants bloody Sandro then fucking give it to him, i am more excited about Bakayoko and the possible return of Lukaku. I was always a big big fan of him, even when he left, then again i don't believe we will sign him.

So Willy Caballero decides to sit on our bench over signing for allegedly 2 other Premier league teams where he was told he would start. Strange City's first choice keeper last season for a fair amount of games would accept that role, but I guess there is a case its the same roll he held at City.

Of more interest to me was the signing of young Welsh teenager Ethan Ampadu from Exeter.

The interest was 1, he has built a nice reputation in a short amount of time and 2, His dad, a former professional works for Arsenal as a coach who are also listed among the many Premier League clubs who tried to sign him.

So why not Arsenal?

Lastly, I am sure my fellow Chelsea fans have heard, the buzz about the place is the manager isnt keen on Lukaku and its been pretty much confirmed his signing for Chelsea would be a 100% Michael Emenalo signing. Antonio Rudiger, who is the German defender we really are after and not Jerome Botang, is also said to be a Chelsea buy over who the manager has requested. 

We can presume the manager will get two of his asks if both Tiemoue Bakayoko & Alex Sandro sign.

Anyway, a nice first day under the Nike brand with the promise of much more exciting news to come over the coming days, plus the manager signing an improved deal too?.

10 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Not nearly as funny if he doesnt sign for us, and you have already spent his fee. :ay:

We could do with the sale going ahead to put us at ease with FFP. 

If not, uncle Alisher can sponsor the kit man for £150 million and that'll cover it.