talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

5 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

I have to say its been a most entertaining morning reading the written media and listening to radio stations which cater for our national sport. Most outlets have no idea what is going on at Chelsea and are guessing, making up stories from the manager being livid we are allowing Lukaku to sign elsewhere to listing every big centre forward around as possible signings instead.

Then we have to move onto the weak minded Chelsea fans, who, for the most part had added their voice to the "dont want him" band since the rumours of Lukaku's return started to make the airways, suddenly take it personal he is on his way to Jose.

Why are we in this position? It's because the manager made public Costa was not in his plans, leaving the club with nowhere to go. So as far as I am concerned, these fingers people want pointed should be pointed towards the guy who cant get the MUCH better centre forward to tow the line under his management.

Of course we could fix the Costa problem.... get rid of Conte... Give Costa the pay rise Conte thought he was getting and lose the texting king....Yeah, its that simple.

Conte is due to return to work on Monday, Lukaku hasnt signed for anyone yet,  I havent changed my mind, I still dont want him to return and I suggest to my fellow Chelsea fans to show a little faith... There are 7 1/2 weeks till the window closes.

Genuinely hope you are taking the piss. And that wouldn't solve the Costa problem, only delay the inevitable. 

3 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

I have to say its been a most entertaining morning reading the written media and listening to radio stations which cater for our national sport. Most outlets have no idea what is going on at Chelsea and are guessing, making up stories from the manager being livid we are allowing Lukaku to sign elsewhere to listing every big centre forward around as possible signings instead.

Then we have to move onto the weak minded Chelsea fans, who, for the most part had added their voice to the "dont want him" band since the rumours of Lukaku's return started to make the airways, suddenly take it personal he is on his way to Jose.

Why are we in this position? It's because the manager made public Costa was not in his plans, leaving the club with nowhere to go. So as far as I am concerned, these fingers people want pointed should be pointed towards the guy who cant get the MUCH better centre forward to tow the line under his management.

Of course we could fix the Costa problem.... get rid of Conte... Give Costa the pay rise Conte thought he was getting and lose the texting king....Yeah, its that simple.

Conte is due to return to work on Monday, Lukaku hasnt signed for anyone yet,  I havent changed my mind, I still dont want him to return and I suggest to my fellow Chelsea fans to show a little faith... There are 7 1/2 weeks till the window closes.

I think that is good advice for fans of all the top clubs.  While it is great to have all your business done by the the time the players get back from their summer holiday, it rarely happens that way.  The window just officially opened less than two weeks ago, there is a long way to go.  Some of best moves happen in the last couple of weeks in August, so people need to chill out.  The United boards are crazy, last week people were moaning about nobody other than Lindelof coming in and were saying we won't be any better than last season.  Yesterday it looks like we are getting Lukaku and now there are people saying we are going to win the league. There is still a lot of changes coming for the top 6 in England, so people do indeed need to show a little faith in the people handling the transfers for their teams. 

Edited by Redcanuck
  • Upvote 1

Just seen some of the pre season fixtures and we are playing the Gooners twice if you include the Sausage Roll Plate 

Only 4 games in total compared to 8 for Liverpool & United and 7 for Arsenal

Only City, Spurs and ourselves are playing 4 

So far that is... 

I wonder if a more grueling pre-season will have any bearing on how teams start off.. Less matches would leave you fresher but not having got all the rust and extra holiday Ice Cream off the belly...  

Close to signing Danilo from Real Madrid. 

Was never impressed by him, but wasn't really impressed by Marcus Alonso either. 

Does that mean Cahill is out of the starting XI? Because I can't see Conte not starting either Luiz or Azpilicueta? 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Close to signing Danilo from Real Madrid. 

Was never impressed by him, but wasn't really impressed by Marcus Alonso either. 

Does that mean Cahill is out of the starting XI? Because I can't see Conte not starting either Luiz or Azpilicueta? 

From Alex Sandro to a knock-off equivalent RB. FFS.

Danilo for the most part has been an accident waiting to happen at Real Madrid although he did improve towards the end of last season and we actually saw some glimpses of the player who did so well at Porto again.

A signing that would be a risk but could pay off for the better, could reinvent himself again at a new club and the conditions at Chelsea under Conte would suit him a lot more I feel especially given the work Conte's done with the likes of Moses, Alonso, Luiz etc.

We need better quality at wing back, this move could work out.

On the face of it, its been a very interesting few days for our club.

Obviously the news of our self confessed mad fan of our club since he first saw us play, deciding he better follow his first touch, and ended up in Manchester has had the more weak minded among us crying out that the club, or at least those doing the signing, are showing all the same signs of previous defending Champions windows.

For some reason most media outlets, especially the ones that cater for the muppets out there are reporting we matched United's bid. We did not. Unlike United we were not prepared to pay panic money, so our offer never had a chance to be accepted. Chelsea's only bid was one materially lower than MU's, and which everyone knew wouldn't be accepted.

For me I have been consistent throughout Lukaku's time away from Chelsea and have never felt he would be right for us or good enough. So I, like most Chelsea fans feel no pain at missing out, but there are questions to be asked in how the club handled the last few days.

The bid?

Sky n others were openly stating that Chelsea believed Lukaku wanted to join Chelsea n was being prevented in doing so by his agent who stood to earn far more if he signed for United.

Word is Lukaku was told by someone representing Chelsea before the end of last season there is a problem, your agent. So this probably explains why there was no movement by Chelsea.

I am told that wasnt the only problem.

Lukaku has been a Emenalo's choice not Conte's. At no time has Conte asked for Lukaku and the word is he still prefers the two forward players he asked for before coming to the club.

So this must raise the question, why make a bid and one less than already on the Everton table?

It's as thou the club wanted to out Lukaku so the Chelsea fans could see the truth.

I think the truth would have been painted far clearer if we had not made that lesser bid.

Lastly, after the news broke yesterday that Costa has told the club he wants to stay, only for the manager to again state he isnt wanted, you have to think the club are still confident of getting, hopefully, Conte's choice.

We will see :ay:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

On the face of it, its been a very interesting few days for our club.

Obviously the news of our self confessed mad fan of our club since he first saw us play, deciding he better follow his first touch, and ended up in Manchester has had the more weak minded among us crying out that the club, or at least those doing the signing, are showing all the same signs of previous defending Champions windows.

For some reason most media outlets, especially the ones that cater for the muppets out there are reporting we matched United's bid. We did not. Unlike United we were not prepared to pay panic money, so our offer never had a chance to be accepted. Chelsea's only bid was one materially lower than MU's, and which everyone knew wouldn't be accepted.

For me I have been consistent throughout Lukaku's time away from Chelsea and have never felt he would be right for us or good enough. So I, like most Chelsea fans feel no pain at missing out, but there are questions to be asked in how the club handled the last few days.

The bid?

Sky n others were openly stating that Chelsea believed Lukaku wanted to join Chelsea n was being prevented in doing so by his agent who stood to earn far more if he signed for United.

Word is Lukaku was told by someone representing Chelsea before the end of last season there is a problem, your agent. So this probably explains why there was no movement by Chelsea.

I am told that wasnt the only problem.

Lukaku has been a Emenalo's choice not Conte's. At no time has Conte asked for Lukaku and the word is he still prefers the two forward players he asked for before coming to the club.

So this must raise the question, why make a bid and one less than already on the Everton table?

It's as thou the club wanted to out Lukaku so the Chelsea fans could see the truth.

I think the truth would have been painted far clearer if we had not made that lesser bid.

Lastly, after the news broke yesterday that Costa has told the club he wants to stay, only for the manager to again state he isnt wanted, you have to think the club are still confident of getting, hopefully, Conte's choice.

We will see :ay:

"I am told" :rofl:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

Heavily linked now with Danilo, he is 25 and he is a right back. If he is cover for Moses that means Azpilicueta misses out on a first team spot? As i doubt we paid 34 mill for Rudiger to bench him. If Cesar is benched heads will roll.

Danilo will probably be a preferred option towards more defensive teams. Seems like an unnecessary transfer.

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

Heavily linked now with Danilo, he is 25 and he is a right back. If he is cover for Moses that means Azpilicueta misses out on a first team spot? As i doubt we paid 34 mill for Rudiger to bench him. If Cesar is benched heads will roll.

Hard to bench Cahill as well given that he is captain and the goals he provides. But in defensive terms, he is the weakest link 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Hard to bench Cahill as well given that he is captain and the goals he provides. But in defensive terms, he is the weakest link 

Not sure who is harder to bench, Cesar played a flawless season. Also played every minute of every game, i just hope Barcelona doesn't consider him a big enough name and fucks off if there is any truth in this.

I haven't watched a player as car crash as Danilo for a club as good as Real Madrid in a long time but let's not forget he was very good for Porto, Conte could work wonders for him. If he was going to come in under a different manager and system I'd be a lot more skeptical but the circumstances here now should suit him and if he can't reinvent himself here under these conditions, then there is truly something wrong. I read something interesting that in a year's time he could be worth double what we pay for him this summer if things work out. I agree it's a risk (considering how bad he has been for Real Madrid, he's been more than bad in fact) but it's one that I'm actually behind, just a shame we couldn't get him for a cheaper amount.

Still awaiting Bakayoko who's the signing (out of everyone we've been linked to) that I would be most excited about and again he was on the wind up last night on Twitter. Will be gutted if we miss out.