• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal - Monday 28th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I just saw Salah steal Jotas chance. Greediest cunt in world football I've ever seen. Even young Ronaldo wasn't the fucking cock locker Salah is. Great player unquestionably, but can you imagine if he were a bit more selfless? Would genuinely be in the Messi conversation imo 

Right before that Salah put a pretty great chance on a plate for Jota tbf. I think that was more a miscommunication, if Jota had called out Salah probably stops his run - but it’s a new player probably not wanting to tell a senior attacker (that is also Salah) to fuck off from his chance.

Personally I don’t think anyone can be in the Messi conversation unless they’re consistently scoring 40-50 goals a season for a few seasons in a row. Salah’s great and he had that one breakout season - and I think he’s the best attacker out of our front 3 - but Messi’s a generational sort of player.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Right before that Salah put a pretty great chance on a plate for Jota tbf. I think that was more a miscommunication, if Jota had called out Salah probably stops his run - but it’s a new player probably not wanting to tell a senior attacker (that is also Salah) to fuck off from his chance.

Personally I don’t think anyone can be in the Messi conversation unless they’re consistently scoring 40-50 goals a season for a few seasons in a row. Salah’s great and he had that one breakout season - and I think he’s the best attacker out of our front 3 - but Messi’s a generational sort of player.

Even Manes goal was a fortunate gift after Salah went for it from an impossible angle when he could have found a batter option. If he was 20% less greedy he'd get double assists and wouldn't lose to much in the way of goals imo. You'd be unstoppable. 

I'll always consider him a fatally flawed superstar rather than have him in my very top bracket. He's in the Robben bracket. A wonderful place to be, but he could be better. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Even Manes goal was a fortunate gift after Salah went for it from an impossible angle when he could have found a batter option. If he was 20% less greedy he'd get double assists and wouldn't lose to much in the way of goals imo. You'd be unstoppable. 

I'll always consider him a fatally flawed superstar rather than have him in my very top bracket. He's in the Robben bracket. A wonderful place to be, but he could be better. 

Personally I think Salah and Mane are both pretty greedy. But they both score a lot. And when they take shots, as proven by Mane’s goal today... it does sometimes just create chaos in the box for other attackers to capitalise on.

I’m pretty happy with both of them.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Personally I think Salah and Mane are both pretty greedy. But they both score a lot. And when they take shots, as proven by Mane’s goal today... it does sometimes just create chaos in the box for other attackers to capitalise on.

I’m pretty happy with both of them.

TBF I would be too. 

11 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Salah gets loads of assists tbf. Check his record. 

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

I know it wasn't settled to the end but that was dominant. A 5-1 wouldn't have flattered Liverpool, they were great.

I really didn't think Arsenal were much cop tonight, they just kinda managed to hang around like a bad smell.

Liverpool had double the possession. 16 more shots. Had they been clinical, it could have been a thumping.

Arsenal seemed like they were a bit too scared to come forward and their own game suffered as a result.

I suppose plus side for them, they looked perhaps a little more sturdier than in the past. Last year they would have shipped 5 or 6 tonight so I guess you can say its an improvement.

I just feel like they paid too much respect to Liverpool and maybe should have tried to push them on the back foot more given they can be susceptible under pressure. 

Especially when you have good weapons in your team and they have shown they beat Liverpool twice in recent times, but there you go. 

Agree with a lot of what you've said but they beat us playing exactly the same way. The difference was that Liverpool were a little bit more clinical tonight and only gifted them one goal. There's also context to the previous game coming after the title was confirmed last season. Last night was Liverpool properly on it when there was something to play for

I like Klopp but he really doesn’t take any criticism in the moment of a match does he? Robertson gifted Arsenal a goal and Liverpool’s highline was penetrated a few times quite easily by a long ball (fortunately for them Arsenal can’t finish to save their lives) and then there was that Salah moment.

Keano spot on

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

I like Klopp but he really doesn’t take any criticism in the moment of a match does he? Robertson gifted Arsenal a goal and Liverpool’s highline was penetrated a few times quite easily by a long ball (fortunately for them Arsenal can’t finish to save their lives) and then there was that Salah moment.

Keano spot on

As Klopp said though, pretty much all of them were offside but the flag is either delayed or doesn't go up at all. It gives the perception that Liverpool's high line is a problem when it's not really. Any that do get through is why a top class goalkeeper makes a big difference.

'Keano' xD

55 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

As Klopp said though, pretty much all of them were offside but the flag is either delayed or doesn't go up at all. It gives the perception that Liverpool's high line is a problem when it's not really. Any that do get through is why a top class goalkeeper makes a big difference.

'Keano' xD

But the ones that did get through weren’t offside and a goalkeeper making a good save doesn’t change the fact that there has been sloppy defending, it’s literally what everyone’s slagged United off for years with

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

But the ones that did get through weren’t offside and a goalkeeper making a good save doesn’t change the fact that there has been sloppy defending, it’s literally what everyone’s slagged United off for years with

There was definitely a couple of them that were. The goal we conceded was sloppy, no doubt. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

There was definitely a couple of them that were. The goal we conceded was sloppy, no doubt. 

You were sloppy at times...I don’t see what Keane said that was wrong xD Now we live in a short-clip culture where someone has to “own” someone else

Just now, Danny said:

You were sloppy at times...I don’t see what Keane said that was wrong xD Now we live in a short-clip culture where someone has to “own” someone else

Have I not said the goal we conceded was sloppy? Other than that I don't think we were. The high line thing isn't a problem for me. We gain far more from it than we lose and as I said a lot of the incidents that were allowed to play on would have been offside when checked. 

8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp is absolutely class. Just made a mug of Keane. 

If mishearing someone and getting in a tizz is making a mug of someone now, then yes xD. Keane said nothing wrong (and by the way, I’m one of Keane’s harshest critics when it comes to management and punditry). As a player, he wasn’t satisfied with less than 100% and zero mistakes, so that’s where this obviously comes from. Yeah, you were a bit sloppy at times. Literally what he said. Every team is right now. You’re still head and shoulders above everyone else though. 

• Administrator

I don't get how Klopp mugged off Keane. It seemed to be a bit of a misunderstanding and it was cleared up after Klopp's initial comments xD

I thought it was going to be much more than what it actually was! 

• Subscriber

The goal was sloppy defending, Lacazette should have equalised at 2-1 when he broke the offside trap, Aubameyang also broke the offside trap in injury time and created a half-chance that they probably should have scored as well. I wouldn't describe it as sloppy but the high line was questionable on a couple of occasions.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't get how Klopp mugged off Keane. It seemed to be a bit of a misunderstanding and it was cleared up after Klopp's initial comments xD

I thought the same then watched and said "oh misunderstanding" and moved on. I'm sure the press will ask Klopp this question in the next pre-match interview and it will be cleared up by then. No one got mugged off in that exchange as far as I am concerned.

Have they changed the rules RE handball leading up to goals? Last season that would have automatically been ruled out, so would Abraham's for Chelsea. It seems they've altered that rule whilst simultaneously making the handball against defenders even more strict. I don't like either being so harsh but if they have so strict they have to have the other.

10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Have they changed the rules RE handball leading up to goals? Last season that would have automatically been ruled out, so would Abraham's for Chelsea. It seems they've altered that rule whilst simultaneously making the handball against defenders even more strict. I don't like either being so harsh but if they have so strict they have to have the other.

They've changed it so the handball has to be of consequence, i.e. either going in the goal or coming under the player's control off the hand/arm

I guess they thought Jota had it under control regardless of it hitting his arm, which seems fair to me

I don't think it would've been defensive handball either as his arm was right down by his side

This Salah thing's mental as well. Any other player and that bit with Jota gets written off as a miscommunication, but because it's Salah there's a big fuss over how selfish he is and now we're talking about whether he should have crossed it to Mane instead of taking the shot that lead to Mane's goal. Can't get my head around it

• The topic was unpinned
6 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah that was actually super fucking boring tbh

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

This Salah thing's mental as well. Any other player and that bit with Jota gets written off as a miscommunication, but because it's Salah there's a big fuss over how selfish he is and now we're talking about whether he should have crossed it to Mane instead of taking the shot that lead to Mane's goal. Can't get my head around it

What other high profile player has tried to take a chance off of someone like Salah did there?

3 hours ago, Danny said:

What other high profile player has tried to take a chance off of someone like Salah did there?

Salah's clearly playing a 1-2 there and neither him nor Wijanldum(? - I think that's who was playing him the 1-2) seemed to notice Jota was there. It's a miscommunication between two players that have played with each other for a long time and their brand new teammate. In a corner that came shortly after, the cameras actually catch a moment where Gini, Salah, and Jota seem to be having a laugh at what just happened.

But sure, let's make it into something bigger than it is. Salah's clearly such a selfish bastard that would never want Jota to score - just ignore him creating that great chance for Jota literally moments before xD

Archived