talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forums

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

My feelings exactly. 

Having known you 15 years mate, I know that already. I mean, I love being proven wrong for the right reasons and will always hold my hands up,and will admit when I am wrong, but the fact that so many people instantly think killing people and an assassination is fake…. Is mental xD. I laugh because it’s bizarre how stupid society is nowadays. 

46 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What keeps me from definitively saying it’s staged is I definitely think there’s people that hate Trump enough to want him dead.

Good point. A lot of people with guns want Trump dead.

Also, why would Trump stage it when his opponent is a living mummy?

The incident will be thoroughly investigated and he would have a lot more to lose than to gain from it.

Obviously, I wouldn´t put past Trump doing it, but right now the conspiracy theory doesn´t make sense.

Edited by El Profesor

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Two people are dead but yeah it’s fake. Fucking idiots. 

I don't think it was staged, but, just for arguments sake...

Staged and fake are 2 different things. Do I think the CIA had an enormous hand in 9/11? Yes. Did they sacrifice thousands of lives to make it happen? Also yes. 
If this was such a case who cares (on the conspiratorial side) if a person was killed and others were wounded? You get a sniper, he fires into the people behind Trump. Trump grabs his ear and takes cover at the speed of a snail. 
You now have a dead martyr, a couple of living ones, and Trump is also martyred with the benefit of being alive and the benefit of project 2025 falling out of the news cycle, with swing voters no longer thinking about the fascism manifesto and now thinking about what a victim and hero trump is instead.

As I said, I am not at all convinced and would need to see the usual list of crazy 'coincidences' that are linked to any good conspiracy theory that I actually buy into at all (JFK, 9/11, Epstein's suicide ect). But there is definitely motive and a benefactor, and if that's all someone needs to raise suspicion then whatever. I don't think it's 'insane' or 'stupid' to think. It's just not at all provable. 

54 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Good point. A lot of people with guns want Trump dead.

Also, why would Trump stage it when his opponent is a living mummy?

The incident will be thoroughly investigated and he would have a lot more to lose than to gain from it.

Obviously, I wouldn´t put past Trump doing it, but right now the conspiracy theory doesn´t make sense.

Because project 2025 is the current king of the US electoral news cycle. 

After being shot at and remaining uninjured he has lost absolutely nothing and gained an absolute fuck load so that's not correct either. 

Again I am not team conspiracy but I don't think it's a 0% chance either. 

• Subscriber

People getting outraged about us calling it staged when all of us said we might be wrong but that was our initial reaction when all we had to go off was a short clip. Nothing had come out about any fatalities at that point.

Chill out ffs.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Two people are dead but yeah it’s fake. Fucking idiots. 

Ah yeah, because at the time the comments were made this was information we actually knew. Right? 

This is Trump we're talking about. There's every possibility it could have been staged. 

As for the innocent person killed as a result of some tit using guns. Obviously very sad someone has died. 

It could be staged by 5 different parties for 5 different reasons. But more likely it is what it is. 

The media generate a lot of hysterical theories about Trump. I'll be careful not to believe anything that is too conveniently confirming my existing worldview. The "Trump is a KGB agent and is going to destroy America because Putin has a tape of him getting peed on by a hooker" was absolutely wild insane nonsense that caught on too easily last time. 

• Subscriber

I'm sorry if this for some reason offends anyone but even with the deaths reported that only reduces my suspicion that it was staged rather than eliminating it.

Trump and the people around him are deeply malicious actors. I wouldn't call it likely but I wouldn't rule out the calculation that if one or two people actually died during this, then they were quite happy for that to make it more convincing. This is the guy that sent a mob of his followers to attack the government buildings in a riot that ended up with fatalities on both sides.

This guy's track record is unbelievable in the worst way. I genuinely think anyone who dismisses the possibility that this was a set-up out of hand is just as naive as anyone who is absolutely convinced it was a set-up even after reports of the fatalities.

The most likely truth is that it was genuine but you can't rule anything out when it comes to these people.

Tragic day for America,  one person killed and there are some in critical care.  

Thomas Crooke is the gunman where authorities found a video of him saying he hates trump and all Republicans and wants to kill them.  Crooke was shot and killed by a secret service marksman.

I blame media for drumming up the polarization leading to this near inch catastrophe.  There will be an inquest into the security of the event however it's a dark day for freedoms.  You'd expect a media inquest into whether they have created this.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Tragic day for America,  one person killed and there are some in critical care.  

Thomas Crooke is the gunman where authorities found a video of him saying he hates trump and all Republicans and wants to kill them.  Crooke was shot and killed by a secret service marksman.

I blame media for drumming up the polarization leading to this near inch catastrophe.  There will be an inquest into the security of the event however it's a dark day for freedoms.  You'd expect a media inquest into whether they have created this.

But never a media inquest for anything else? 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Thomas Crooke is the gunman where authorities found a video of him saying he hates trump and all Republicans and wants to kill them.

And yet he's a registered Republican voter lol. 

BB1pWUEa.img?w=768&h=450&m=6

• Subscriber

Republicans crying now about polarisation leading to violence is through the looking glass stuff. Your guy launched a radicalised meat shield at the government when he didn't like losing the election lads.

As many others have said, it's a shame that the people calling this a tragedy for the country are unable to find the same energy when these weapons are pointed at children or school teachers.

• Upvote 3

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well he died too, so he got part of his wish :ph34r:

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Republicans crying now about polarisation leading to violence is through the looking glass stuff. Your guy launched a radicalised meat shield at the government when he didn't like losing the election lads.

As many others have said, it's a shame that the people calling this a tragedy for the country are unable to find the same energy when these weapons are pointed at children or school teachers.

Joy Ried and The View have called indirectly for the assassination,  it is years of calling people fascists for not sharing the same world view and it was 1" from civil war. 

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Tried reverse searches and the image seems to have been removed,  since it is a common document that can be manipulated it is highly plausible it is a manipulated image.   The bolded no when the other is not bolded,  the seeming cut residential address is not long enough for his full known address. 

What is happening is the defence mechanisms for a situation brought on by years of media stoking the flames of division. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Tried reverse searches and the image seems to have been removed,  since it is a common document that can be manipulated it is highly plausible it is a manipulated image. 

I assume the people who were very upset about the "it might have been staged knowing Trump" conspiracy theory will be equally upset about this sentence.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Tried reverse searches and the image seems to have been removed,  since it is a common document that can be manipulated it is highly plausible it is a manipulated image.   The bolded no when the other is not bolded,  the seeming cut residential address is not long enough for his full known address. 

What is happening is the defence mechanisms for a situation brought on by years of media stoking the flames of division. 

Why do you try reverse searches if you can simply go to the usa.gov site and follow the steps to check voter registration status yourself? The image doesn't seem to be manipulated, and it certainly hasn't been removed, considering that all reputable media sources are reporting the exact same thing. 

Essentially, his political affiliation doesn't even matter, because it's an act of a person with serious mental health issues, first and foremost. Not too surprising, considering the mental health crisis of that society and the access to guns that they have. Just found it amusing how the first reaction was to blame "leftists" and whatnot, so maybe question those defence mechanisms first.