talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

Just now, LFCMike said:

And so are you if you think £35-£50 for a ticket isn't pricing out young people

Fair enough, perhaps I have underestimated the poverty that must exist in some areas. In my own experience I've had a season ticket for 12 years @ £600 a season, which works out as £31.50 over 19 games - not a million miles away from the money that has been raised in this discussion. I've never had a problem attending every home game alongside the fuel costs and any food/drink that I consume (the latter of which is unlikely), plus any cup competitions that take place that season.

The ground is practically full of STH's and a lot of them are in the same age bracket as me (20-29). I just can't accept that between £35-50 is ''pricing out'' young people. Like I said, some may struggle to attend every game but if you want to take in 1-2 games a season then it's absolutely practical - unless you live in poverty (which may I add it nothing to be ashamed about and isn't the point I'm making). 

If I am the exception, then hands up I'm wrong but I think that this argument (not necessarily by people on here) is a weak one used by people who can't be arsed going to the ground but shout that it's too expensive as a reason to justify it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Now I’m a day tripper because I want food after driving 2.5 hours to the stadium 😂

If you don’t undertake 3 days of fasting before and after every trip to Anfield, you are basically spitting on Shankly’s grave.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

If you're a day tripper then yeah you'd get food etc - proper fans won't.

wait, proper fans don't get food or drink when they travel to the ground for the game?

3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Fair enough, perhaps I have underestimated the poverty that must exist in some areas. In my own experience I've had a season ticket for 12 years @ £600 a season, which works out as £31.50 over 19 games - not a million miles away from the money that has been raised in this discussion. I've never had a problem attending every home game alongside the fuel costs and any food/drink that I consume (the latter of which is unlikely), plus any cup competitions that take place that season.

The ground is practically full of STH's and a lot of them are in the same age bracket as me (20-29). I just can't accept that between £35-50 is ''pricing out'' young people. Like I said, some may struggle to attend every game but if you want to take in 1-2 games a season then it's absolutely practical - unless you live in poverty (which may I add it nothing to be ashamed about and isn't the point I'm making). 

If I am the exception, then hands up I'm wrong but I think that this argument (not necessarily by people on here) is a weak one used by people who can't be arsed going to the ground but shout that it's too expensive as a reason to justify it.

You clearly know very little about the area where your own club is based then!

Some of these clubs are pretty much closed shops now unless you're willing to spend hundreds on a package from Thomas Cook and the likes which includes a hotel. If you don't have a membership (£30 a year before you're even allowed to apply for a ticket) with X amount of credits from the previous season then you basically have no chance unless you happen to know someone with a spare ticket going.

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You clearly know very little about the area where your own club is based then!

Some of these clubs are pretty much closed shops now unless you're willing to spend hundreds on a package from Thomas Cook and the likes which includes a hotel. If you don't have a membership (£30 a year before you're even allowed to apply for a ticket) with X amount of credits from the previous season then you basically have no chance unless you happen to know someone with a spare ticket going.

My posts are through my own experience, if that truly is not the case across the board (for example Liverpool/Spurs being different) then fair enough. 

10 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

My posts are through my own experience, if that truly is not the case across the board (for example Liverpool/Spurs being different) then fair enough. 

Of course it's not the case across the board

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Do they? Or are these comments the comments of billionaire businessmen aware that the departure of these six will hugely impact their future revenue? I’m not even sorry for being sceptical, these people are all largely, wrong’uns and the trust I have in owners of clubs is at an all time low, which takes some doing. There’s bound to be some genuine owners who are dead set against this but I also expect other billionaire businessmen to see this from a billionaire businessman’s point of view first and foremost, rather than being from a tradition or history approach. 

Agreed. And the other billionaire businessman are angry that their millions are quite possibly being taken away from them as well, which is why you’re seeing the anger from them as well. People are rightly pointing out that we’re not trying to absolve the 6 or ‘whataboutism’, but if you think you’re club owners wouldn’t have been involved had they been asked, you’re simply lying to yourselves.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is right. 

One of the chief execs even said after that win 'we don't want to see too many Leicester City's'... 

This was proposed long before Leicester came along and they’re using the pandemic as an excuse to push through. Stop flattering yourselves :ph34r:

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Agreed. And the other billionaire businessman are angry that their millions are quite possibly being taken away from them as well, which is why you’re seeing the anger from them as well. People are rightly pointing out that we’re not trying to absolve the 6 or ‘whataboutism’, but if you think you’re club owners wouldn’t have been involved had they been asked, you’re simply lying to yourselves.

It literally is 'whataboutism' though. You're probably right but you can't prove it because it hasn't happened, and it also doesn't matter at all right now what people might do in hypothetical situations. The more time we spend pointing fingers at all of the people who might have but haven't actually done anything wrong, the less time we're spending pointing fingers at the people who actually need to be stopped. It really is beyond me why people are struggling with this concept.

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Really hope those rumors come to fruition. Roman must do the right thing. 

Man City apparently rumored to be the first to pull out. 

Chelsea and Atletico to follow. 

Again, rumors. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This guy tends to be pretty reliable when it comes to political scoops. I would tend towards calling it trustworthy.

Has to be us or City given the rumors neither of us were completely sold on the idea. Also add the fact it would remove the competitions we are currently competing for. 

24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It literally is 'whataboutism' though. You're probably right but you can't prove it because it hasn't happened, and it also doesn't matter at all right now what people might do in hypothetical situations. The more time we spend pointing fingers at all of the people who might have but haven't actually done anything wrong, the less time we're spending pointing fingers at the people who actually need to be stopped. It really is beyond me why people are struggling with this concept.

They’re all wankers, let’s not put other wankers on a pedestal as if they’re completely innocent and not leeches too. Gary Neville, too. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

The game has been priced out for people below 30 and above 18-21

They were talking about on that video earlier in the thread and made the point about why they don't give two shits if they leave regular fans behind because us regulars know the score after years of supporting the same club regarding pricing, season ticket costs and above all merchandise... No way I fork out each season on the new top for example when the Autoglass ones I still have fit me fine... It's supporters like us that don't go mad on the merchandise they need to be replacing... They want to rope in the day trippers that will go in the shops and come out with £150-200+ worth of gear per match. They have rinsed the fans dry of every penny they can at games and now they need to move on to a new financial feeding ground... 

31 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I’m not struggling with any concept. I’m dead against this. I’m allowed to see the whole picture. Me pointing out that 14 other clubs owners would suck dick to be involved changes absolutely nothing in the grand scheme. 

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived