talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

I wonder what is making these oil money clubs stay away from this league? PSG and now City, they should be the first one to be on board given that they have never won the UCL. 

They are both run by orgs that are in the Arab world. One with a vested interest in seeing a world cup done and the other that has a rapidly diminishing image across the board for how it went about its "shrewd" business. To take a shit on UEFA and eventually FIFA would be suicide for the Qataris. Once the WC is done they'd start singing a brand new tune.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

See what happens, the whole thing might just be a bluff to get UEFA in line 🤔 (that's just my own thoughts) 

I think this is a result of them not getting what they wanted from UEFA in the first place.... 

2 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

Pep is another man who is outspoken. Unfortunately, same cannot be said about Ole or Arteta. Jose is but he's been sacked already. I think if City and Chelsea leave, they will be replaced by Napoli and Roma or Sevilla etc, at least that's what I understood from that pathetic interview of Perez last night.

PSG & City are both owned by Mansour, directly and indirectly, they are more about PR than the money, PSG was bought to take the heat off us and to stick it to Platini with a French club breaking all the rules :4_joy:

The only fans I see supporting this is the Indian glory hunter fans who already support like 20 teams around the league and it's a wet dream for them to see all these teams play each and other regularly and they have already changed their profile pictures to Perez.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That rules Rodgers out of the vacant Tottenham job then.... 

Pretty much the best news that can come out of this whole saga :ph34r:

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The "they've done bad stuff previously" angle people are spouting is tiresome. Yes, we get there all money grabbing vultures, but this is about the protection of the competitive integrity of the sport.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It's not about the money, which in itself is already a problem and becomes an even bigger problem under these proposals and would require them to be fought anyway, but it isn't THE problem. The problem is the lack of integrity in the competition, automatic entry to an "elite" competition and unchecked self-governance.

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived