• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

LMS League 2020-21 Round 3 (Serie A)

football forum

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/12/2020 at 22:59, RandoEFC said:

If Mel gets online and picks Torino for tomorrow (he's already used Roma) then we might avoid yet another ridiculous 7 way tie breaker xD.

I think we need to a cut off for picks. It’s a been unfair to watch everyone go down in flames and then be able to pick the late match and possibly get lucky.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think we need to a cut off for picks. It’s a been unfair to watch everyone go down in flames and then be able to pick the late match and possibly get lucky.

Maybe, there's no real competitive advantage to picking late as you have less choices but I don't feel strongly about it so I'll cave to the pressure if this is a majority opinion.

• Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Three

208335559_ScreenShot2020-12-18at08_28_32.png.63de112470e57cc96a8a948885bea3e1.png

It has now been 8 consecutive editions of Last Man Standing since somebody managed to string together more than 4 correct picks, a shameful record from the TF365 crew, but here we are again, with another mass tie breaker required to decide this round of the competition.

@Mel81x, @nudge, @McAzeem, @Rucksackfranzose, @DeadLinesman, @Tommy, @Lucas and @Viva la FCB all failed to make a correct pick in Gameweek Three so their basic score is locked at 2 points. We need to decide a winner to take the three bonus points. The rest of you will pick up 2 bonus points for joint 2nd and everyone who got knocked out in Gameweek Two will pick up an extra bonus point.

Preview - Gameweek Four

I think we've been here enough times before. To prevent this from dragging on the tie breaker has three layers.

Layer 1: Pick a match winning team from this week's set of fixtures. Anyone who fails to pick a match winner is out at this phase. If more than one person is successful, or everyone is unsuccessful, you will be separated by Layers 2 and/or 3.

Layer 2: Pick a first goalscorer from any game, doesn't have to be from the game you've chosen your match winner from. If more than one person has picked a first goalscorer, this layer will be decided by how early in their match they scored. If this layer fails to separate the players either because multiple people have chosen the same goalscorer or nobody has picked one correctly, then Layer 3 will decide the round.

Layer 3: Choose a minute for the first goal to be scored in the randomly chosen match, Internazionale vs Spezia. Whoever gets closest is the Last Man Standing in this round.

Table and Fixtures below for your perusal - good luck!

1197051814_ScreenShot2020-12-18at08_37_40.png.8d015fd08acb3d6483cc2672190633a1.png 1697257301_ScreenShot2020-12-18at08_36_52.png.8419fe732375fd0e483be3eccdeaa0ad.png

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Layer 3 dangerously infringes on copyright terms of another competition :ph34r:

Good luck everyone :D 

@RandoEFC what's the next competition being lined up for us to do shockingly bad in?

La Liga followed by Ligue 1. That'll probably get us to Boxing Day before everyone is knocked out of those :ph34r:.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived