talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 12th December, 2020

football forum

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's the very reason why we aren't challenging for the title this season. Still a lot of naivety in the team, particularly on how we start games. Lethargic play, slow transition, sloppy passes, 2nd to every ball and didn't match Everton's intensity until after they scored. From there, we played right into their hands. Frustrating too as this is a carbon copy of last season's performance. 

Having no wingers destroyed us. Far too easy for Everton to defend especially when our best attacking player has been James. 

Also, add Jon Moss for assisting in Everton's time wasting and play acting since minute 1. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Everton fans sound good. 

The defence for Everton has been superb. Been aerially dominant whenever Chelsea have managed to get crosses in. And they haven't always been able to because the midfield has worked hard and been organised enough to stop it some of those crosses.

1 minute ago, Storts said:

I’m shocked at how flat chelsea have been 

Didn't think today would be a good day, It's rare that we do well away to Everton... Thought we might get a draw at best but not looking that way... 

Fucking lack of subs... whine whine.. Injuries blah blah... 

oh my god omg GIF

Shocking.

Credit to Everton and their successful attempt in luring us to play their game...YET AGAIN. James and Mount the only players putting in a good shift. No idea what the other 9 players were doing tonight. What ever it was, it wasn't football. Aside the shit performances, having no wingers made everything so much easier for Everton. 

Also, another note why this team isn't ready for a title challenge. Too much naivety on how we start games and a big reason why we finished 30 points behind last season. 

• Subscriber

Obviously a massive win for us. Want to see that commitment, organisation and shithousery against Leeds and Burnley though if we're going to get anywhere near Europe. 

Defence on point all the way through. Godfrey probably my man of the match playing out of position.

We're too easily wound up by that kind of football, Everton were the better team and knew how to frustrate us. I'm not knocking Everton here, obviously, there's more to them than that kind of football and they did everything right today and had everyone putting in a shift which is everything the fans would want to see particularly considering they're on a bad run. We were rattled.

It's a mixed formula, Everton away like last season. Here it is..

• Everton going long and direct
  • Us not performing well enough
  • Commentary banging on about how good the Everton ground and fans are
  • Everton defending well
  • Second ball battles
  • Fouls
  • Stoppages
  • Time-wasting
  • More fouls
  • Our frustrations and naivety, stray passes and giving away stupid free kicks.
  • Steve McManaman repeating himself about how Everton need to go long and dig in.
  • 90 minutes gone and you wonder whether you have even watched a football match as the ball spent most of the time in the air or off the pitch which is as much as our fault as Everton's.

Our record there is probably not even that bad but I feel like I've watched the same games at Goodison Park ever since I was born.

The other thing as well... In games like this where defences are packed out this endless pumping in of crosses is just a big fail every time, either they hit the defenders or there is no space to get into a decent goal scoring position.. Great if it's on the break sure but wasted otherwise. You need a couple of players who can take that ball and drive into the box and keep the defenders on the back foot which is where we lack creativity... 

1 hour ago, shut up said:

Havertz has been terrible again. 

At the beginning of the season who would have thought Chilwell would have been Chelsea's best signing and Havertz the worst. 

SO FAR, I'd put Silva above Chilwell but it's close.

As @Cicero said though perhaps ironically, despite all the money spent, our two most consistent players this season have been two academy products, James and Mount. 

I'd throw Silva and Chilwell in with being the most consistent as well. Long way to go though.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived