talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Manchester City Finish in the Top 4?

• The title was changed to Will Manchester City Finish in the Top 4?
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Nope.

Would be hilarious if Pep wrangled more millions and they still failed in to reach CL. I can't see them winning CL either which would make it even more of an embarrassment.

jk of course they will :ph34r:

• Administrator

Clearly shows how much they miss the intricacy and magic of David Silva with the shortcomings they've showed so far this season. Might be lack of goals affecting the team right now but he was a big part of those goals being scored - either the assist or that pass before the assist.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Clearly shows how much they miss the intricacy and magic of David Silva with the shortcomings they've showed so far this season. Might be lack of goals affecting the team right now but he was a big part of those goals being scored - either the assist or that pass before the assist.

Its okay, they have Phil ‘the most talented young player Pep has ever seen’ Foden to take Silva’s place...

Brave call to not back them to do it in 38 games if I'm.honest. If Aguero can last at least a month without an injury, things might start rolling the right way I think.

Jesus has started all games against Burnley, Fulham and West Brom at home and failed to bag once. 8 straights games without a goal for him as it stands.

And with Sterling also looking out of sorts, the goals have dried up massively. 

But if Aguero stays fit and get's a run, you know he'll bag and suddenly the pressure will ease on others around him if he starts taking chances.

If we carry on playing like the last few games then no, Rodrigo is shite, Pep's new formation is not working and we desperately need a big fast powerful clinical striker who's going to hold the ball up and score nearly every game, Aguero was that guy but he spends most his time on the treatment table these days and Jesus is more of a fox in the box type, he cant bully defenders like Aguero use too

17 hours ago, Stan said:

Do you think Messi would fill that Silva role?

• Administrator
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Win our game in hand puts us 2nd and right on your arse . united are a game behind too so they could be in the mix too if they win that 

Who are the games in hand against? 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Can't remember :4_joy:

Are you worried about your lack of goals? Obviously 3 points is 3 points but in recent seasons you're knocking back 3 or 4 goals against some opponents but this season it's only 1 or 2.

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Win our game in hand puts us 2nd and right on your arse . united are a game behind too so they could be in the mix too if they win that 

They play us at Anfied in Jan. If the match was at OT I'd be a bit worried but since its at home I think we'll beat them. 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

United seem to play better away than at OT, our ground was once a fortress but now it's a bloody sandcastle.

Looking at where you'll are in the table I'd be okay as a supporter even if the results are a bit hit and miss right now. Bruno is clearly your best player and one injury there and I can see it all going horribly wrong for Ole very fast. I just cant see how you'll will manage once the Europa games start they tend to take a bit of a toll on teams. 

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Are you worried about your lack of goals? Obviously 3 points is 3 points but in recent seasons you're knocking back 3 or 4 goals against some opponents but this season it's only 1 or 2.

Yes, we now are the hardest team to score against so far but we have scored about 10 goals less than normal 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Looking at where you'll are in the table I'd be okay as a supporter even if the results are a bit hit and miss right now. Bruno is clearly your best player and one injury there and I can see it all going horribly wrong for Ole very fast. I just can't see how you'll will manage once the Europa games start they tend to take a bit of a toll on teams. 

True that and we shouldn't rely on one player, something under Fergie that if a top player was out injured he always had someone to fill his boots in that position when we had Cole & York doing their double act popping the goals in we always had Ole Gunner & Teddy Sheringham as a backup on the bench, even super-sub in Brian McClair and they were 3 great players for United.

Archived