talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Manchester City Finish in the Top 4?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
23 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We have the best defence in the Premier League, Pep's fixed one problem and created another 

Your defensive record has gone well under the radar. 6 conceded in 12 games since the loss to us.

We broke Guardiola's philosophy xD

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

You turned him into Mancini :4_joy:  ..he changed the formation because Rodrigo was struggling 

Rodrigo has been made to look like a chump in quite a few games this season. Expected more from him. His post-match comments after your loss to us were amusing. 

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Rodrigo has been made to look like a chump in quite a few games this season. Expected more from him. His post-match comments after your loss to us were amusing. 

He's just not good enough for the Premier League, we should activate the buy back clause on Douglas Luiz in Jan then buy someone else in the summer for the aging Fernandinho

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I actually think Manchester City will win it now, Liverpool are dropping points consistently against the lesser sides. 

Man City did the same earlier in the season - Leicester, West Ham, Spurs, Leeds.

Liverpool have only dropped points in 2 recent games (Fulham and West Brom?). The good thing for them is that teams around them are regularly dropping points too.

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I actually think Manchester City will win it now, Liverpool are dropping points consistently against the lesser sides. 

Manchester City should be very embarrassed if they finish below a Liverpool team with one senior centre back, as should Chelsea

16 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Manchester City should be very embarrassed if they finish below a Liverpool team with one senior centre back, as should Chelsea

We have won the title a few times with only one proper decent CB, good teams find a way

• Subscriber

Best price on each club to win the league currently...

Liverpool - 11/10

Manchester City - 2/1

Manchester United - 8/1

Tottenham - 17/1

Chelsea - 28/1

Everton - 50/1

Leicester - 50/1

Aston Villa - 80/1

Arsenal - 500/1

• Subscriber

I'm not convinced by Man Utd yet but they're so jammy that I'd call 8/1 a pretty decent price. I think it's madness to see that compared to City being on 2/1. Seen very little from them to suggest they can get anywhere near Liverpool this season.

I don't see much to suggest people can't get anywhere near Liverpool, yes at their absolute best they are the best side but they aren't running at last season's levels. People have remarked how well they've coped with their injuries and to be fair they have, but that's over a short period. Over a whole season the complete absence of your main centre back and his deputy will have some bearing on things. Especially with Matip out. The Williams kid is clearly not good enough, he may well have good games and Liverpool are good enough to overcome it most of the times, but he will make errors.

If you're one of the chasing pack you've got to have every confidence you can get above them, they are weaker than at any time over the past 2-3 seasons.

14 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Seen this a few times but it's important to note there are 12 teams that have scored more goals than City this season. Twelve.

This isn't the City of the last couple season's. They don't cut lose and stick 5, 6 or 7 regularly anymore. They do however have a better defence.

I would judge them if/when Aguero comes into the picture. They look so short up front at the moment.

37 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Seen this a few times but it's important to note there are 12 teams that have scored more goals than City this season. Twelve.

This isn't the City of the last couple season's. They don't cut lose and stick 5, 6 or 7 regularly anymore. They do however have a better defence.

I would judge them if/when Aguero comes into the picture. They look so short up front at the moment.

I'm not saying I think they'll win it, I'm saying they should be embarrassed if they don't

When you have the quality, limitless resources, and organisational stability they have, being short up front is no excuse

45 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Problem is they have sat with Aguero as the lone quality striker at the club for so long that there is absolute no excuse for them right now. The money spent on shite defenders and full backs and nobody thought “hang on, maybe we should get cover for our injury prone striker”. Jesus is a handy player to have, but he’s not fit to lace Aguero’s boots as a goalscorer. 

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Problem is they have sat with Aguero as the lone quality striker at the club for so long that there is absolute no excuse for them right now. The money spent on shite defenders and full backs and nobody thought “hang on, maybe we should get cover for our injury prone striker”. Jesus is a handy player to have, but he’s not fit to lace Aguero’s boots as a goalscorer. 

Or at least find a way to be effective without him. You've got De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus, etc. and it's not as if you're not expecting to have to play without Aguero

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not convinced by Man Utd yet but they're so jammy that I'd call 8/1 a pretty decent price. I think it's madness to see that compared to City being on 2/1. Seen very little from them to suggest they can get anywhere near Liverpool this season.

We are only 3pts behind Liverpool if we win the games in hand ..you are right though, we are grinding out wins rather than blowing teams away but we do have the best defence this season so far

Archived