• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 6-2 Leeds - Sunday 20th December, 2020

football forums

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Really is why I never bought into the "Ole disasterclass" narrative. 

5 points off Liverpool and have a game in hand. 

The only top 6 side that's genuinely out of sorts this season is Arsenal... for everyone else it's still all to play for 

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

Well this is a massive letdown I must say. Didn’t think Leeds were gonna be this terrible. 

We had a terrible start, we've conceded some really basic goals. On the whole, defence has been appalling although it's not helped by losing the ball and allowing them space.

But...what is frustrating is we've not actually been as 'rubbish' or 'terrible' as you think.

We've had more of the ball than them on their own patch, had as many attempts and look dangerous but credit to them, they have been clinical. I've never seen McTominay ever catch a shot like that for example. It flew in.

We've missed two great chances (Bamford obviously) or we could easily have had 4-3 at HT there.

I'm not being naive, we've got some stuff majorly wrong that half but we've given them a really tough time defensively, more so than a shed load of sides will this season. You have to have a balance though which we don't.

We're just not clinical. I think we need to be a bit more savvy too, you won't win many points starting games like that with the quality of others up here.

28 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Really is why I never bought into the "Ole disasterclass" narrative. 

5 points off Liverpool and have a game in hand. 

I still have solskjaer as one of the worst managers in the league, I see no improvement in where Manchester United struggle. They have some very fine players and Bruno Fernandez is arguably the best in the league but they rarely look a composite side.

Perfectly ready to be proven wrong but I don’t think he’s good enough.

I think Bielsa deserves some criticism here too, they had to adjust themselves a little against such a side and haven’t done.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm sorry but the commentary is just downright patronising. They've lost 6-2. You can't be too positive about that.

Classic pat on the head for playing like morons against a big side. If Allardyce goes there and gets a point or a 1-0 win with a newly-promoted side he wouldn't get half the praise. They'd spend all the post match talking about Solskjaer, Pogba and Man Utd being unable to break them down. 

Yes, it's great entertainment for the neutral but it's a shite performance. I'm not having this "it's okay because they created a lot of chances too". Man Utd had about 15 shots on target while Leeds had about 5. That's just a bad performance. What happened to Norwich last season again?

I get that it suits Sky to have games like this though which is why Leeds get so much praise tonight for a performance that would see them relegated if they churned it out each week. I feel like I'm one of the only observers of football these days who still thinks there's an art in being organised and actually having tactics.

The start ruined that. 2-0 after 3mins is never ideal. They're tails are up and it turns into that kind of game.

A lot of things went wrong, it probably wasn't the way to play against them either. Not the first time we have taken a bettering and won't be the last this season. No one likes letting in 6, let alone in a game that matters most to you.

But we've come out the game at the end looking back and I honestly don't know how we've only scored two. We've created enough chances than some teams do over three games. The lack of a deadly striker is so telling. Also worth mentioning we bought two centre backs this summer and we've not once had the chance to pair them together, we currently have neither.

I can see already everybody else is sticking their 5 pence in. I'm not 'ok' with it, but I accept this is Bielsa's way. Brilliant when it works, blows up in your face when it doesn't. That is it. He got us up playing this way and if we go down that way, we can't complain.

We're simply not that team that sticks 10 men behind the ball to grind out a point or lose to an injury time penalty and it is what it is. View it however you want, but there is a reason we are here in the first place. Marcelo Bielsa has given me my club back and I'll follow the ride till he leaves.

We are completely unconventional to anything anybody else knows and others won't comprehend it, but we'll do things our way whether it works or it doesnt. At the moment, it's not working as much as we'd like, but if we improved on the quality we had, that would change. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Classic pat on the head for playing like morons against a big side. If Allardyce goes there and gets a point or a 1-0 win with a newly-promoted side he wouldn't get half the praise. They'd spend all the post match talking about Solskjaer, Pogba and Man Utd being unable to break them down. 

Yes, it's great entertainment for the neutral but it's a shite performance. I'm not having this "it's okay because they created a lot of chances too". Man Utd had about 15 shots on target while Leeds had about 5. That's just a bad performance. What happened to Norwich last season again?

I get that it suits Sky to have games like this though which is why Leeds get so much praise tonight for a performance that would see them relegated if they churned it out each week. I feel like I'm one of the only observers of football these days who still thinks there's an art in being organised and actually having tactics.

Look, when the previous game was  a Jose parking the bus parade. Any game after always feels like an intense orgasm. 

Archived