talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sleep

football forum

How often do you normally sleep? 

When do you go to bed? 

When do you typically wake up? 

With so many wearable now being able to dive into your sleeping patterns, I'm curious what changes you've made (if any), and if you honestly have a plan to get x hours of sleep per night. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, wife and I bought a Nectar mattress last year (you can look them up, but they are amazing). 

And I adore my watch, Garmin Instinct (Black), and it let's me know all about my sleep, and it seems I'm at my best when I get 6 hours. 7 is okay, but I notice that I feel awful if I get 8 or fewer than 5-1/2. 

So now, I'm usually in bed, falling asleep around 10:30pm, and my alarm every morning goes off at 4:30am (I'm a morning person, and with a kid, this is my time alone)

Just now, Cicero said:

Used to go to bed at around 3 am and wake up at 8 on my Uni days. Now, being a parent, 10pm is pushing it for me. 

Understand this. Mine is 18 months old, and she's in bed at 8, up at 6...like clockwork. 

My sleeping patterns have altered dramatically since becoming a parent, whereas my wife (who is an artist), is all over the map in terms of sleep. 

• Subscriber

I've always been a night person so uni and working 'normal' office hours used to be shite. Nowadays I'm going to bed at about 4-5 am; getting up at 11-12 usually. 7-8 hours of sleep is perfect for me.

2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I sleep daily.

I go to bed around 2am.

I usually get up after mid day except for the one day of the week I start work at 11.

I have no idea what you're saying in the last bit. So many wearable?

It's a term here for smart watches (Fitbit, Apple Watch, Samsung, Garmin). 

Just now, Cicero said:

Anyone else can't sleep without a 'white noise'?

I play the 10 hour long 'fan white noise' on youtube through my iphone every night. 

My best friend's brother is like that. Honestly it drove me nuts. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I play the 10 hour long 'fan white noise' on youtube through my iphone every night. 

I can't sleep in silence. I put something I've watched a lot on TV (currently Peep Show) and it helps me to sleep because it's not so interesting as to keep me awake, but it stops my mind from wandering.

• Subscriber

I usually have a fan on when I sleep so I've gotten used to the sound and sleeping in complete silence seems a bit weird at first now. But I'm very good at sleeping xD I can sleep in silence or with white background noise or with louder noises, in complete darkness or with the lights on. Doesn't bother me.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I usually have a fan on when I sleep so I've gotten used to the sound and sleeping in complete silence seems a bit weird at first now. But I'm very good at sleeping xD I can sleep in silence or with white background noise or with louder noises, in complete darkness or with the lights on. Doesn't bother me.

I'm kind of like this. white noise is somewhat annoying to me, but I can damn near fall asleep anywhere I so please. I even enjoy the occasional nap while laying on hardwood floors in my living room. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

I'm kind of like this. white noise is somewhat annoying to me, but I can damn near fall asleep anywhere I so please. I even enjoy the occasional nap while laying on hardwood floors in my living room. 

I don't need white noise and I rarely turn it on but I absolutely LOVE train sounds, especially combined with rain and some thunderstorms in the background. Probably stems from growing up near the railroad tracks to be fair. It's soooo soothing and relaxing.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I don't need white noise and I rarely turn it on but I absolutely LOVE train sounds, especially combined with rain and some thunderstorms in the background. Probably stems from growing up near the railroad tracks to be fair. It's soooo soothing and relaxing.

Oh my - that remains me when I was in grade school, and since we had more kids than space, we held classes in trailers (see picture below). If it was a rainy day, and I was in a trailer, hearing the rain beat down against the sheet metal on the outside, it was more effective that a tranquilizer in terms of putting me to sleep. 

office-trailer.jpg

• Subscriber

I wake up around 4 to 5 hours every night and either just get up or just doze back off, 6 to 8 hours sleep does me fine and now I am retired I will fall asleep on the sofa during the day for a good hour the 4 to 5 sleep pattern goes back to my army days when I did a 5 month tour of duty in Northern Ireland as our shift mainly consisted of 4 hours on duty and 4 hours off, 7 days a week and sometimes we might have had the odd day off for rest and 4 days R&R leave during the 5 month tour of duty.

When I was doing a day shift 12-hour security work for 9 years I would get up around 4 to 0430 am every morning to do the 12-hour shift, doing that for years my body alarm clock will still wake me up at around 4 ish every morning, some people tell me that eventually, your body alarm clock that was set at waking you up will switch off, it bloody hasn't yet and I have been retired for 5 years coming up in May. 

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Eco said:

Oh my - that remains me when I was in grade school, and since we had more kids than space, we held classes in trailers (see picture below). If it was a rainy day, and I was in a trailer, hearing the rain beat down against the sheet metal on the outside, it was more effective that a tranquilizer in terms of putting me to sleep. 

office-trailer.jpg

Yeah the sound of rain is very soothing in general. Also sleeping at the beach with the sound of waves and some light wind. Or the sound of fire crackling in the burning fireplace. Perfection.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Eco said:

How often do you normally sleep? 

When do you go to bed? 

When do you typically wake up? 

With so many wearable now being able to dive into your sleeping patterns, I'm curious what changes you've made (if any), and if you honestly have a plan to get x hours of sleep per night. 

Every day I sleep.

Usually about 11pm.

On weekdays usually wake up about 7.30am for work. Weekends a bit later.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Not white noise but I usually need music to get me to sleep unless I'm absolutely shattered. Any kind of music as well. Not anything in particular.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I don't understand how people can go to sleep at around 01:00-03:00 and be up for work that same morning, madness that. 

That was me when I was studying for my master's and working two jobs. Would get up at around 7am and go to bed at 2-3am, so basically slept 4-5 hours each night for almost two years. 1/10, would not recommend.

30 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I don't understand how people can go to sleep at around 01:00-03:00 and be up for work that same morning, madness that. 

I'm usually asleep for around 10:30, up at 07:30. Agree with those speaking about White Noise too, need YouTube or Netflix on when I fall asleep. It used to be because I was scared of the dark/silence when I was a little kid and I suppose over time I've got used to it and now find it weird to be lying there in a silent room.

Currently "watching" Peep Show to fall asleep to, well played @...Dan

I seem to function best ion 6 hours of sleep - So an 11 to 5 is ideal. 

I'm usually in bed for 9pm to get up for 5am.

For those wondering why any sane person would get up at 5am, I'm attempting fitness and prefer fitnessing before work as I'm usually pretty busy after work.

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Haha i'm exactly the same, can sleep in any of those conditions, what matters is whether i'm tired or not. When i'm not tired sometimes it takes me a while to fall asleep like half an hour or an hour, sometimes i can't after 1 hour and half and just desist, but when i do fall asleep it's very hard to wake me up by noises, lights or things like that, you could be shouting or knocking the door like crazy two rooms apart and i'd still be sleeping like a bear, you have to move quite a bit or `pour water on me to wake me up. xD What's hard for me is sleeping sitting, like in a bus or a train, sometimes can do it but not most.

Archived