talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things That Should Be Banned

football forum

I will start if off nice and simple. 

Smoking, awful habit which I'd guess 99% of smokers wish they now didn't. 

Really upsets me when I see school children smoking, you'd have thought all the warnings would put kids off. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Things That Should Be Banned
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Being able to comment on newspaper / website articles without reading them first 

I think having a timer on when the comments section opens proportionate to the length of the article or video would fix this quite quickly. Will it ever be done? No. Because engagement trumps actual valid commentary for most content outlets.

Fake social media accounts, I'd make it  I.D to register with your passport or driving licence. 

This would get rid of trolls and kids and make everyone accountable for themselves. 

• Subscriber

College donations from alumni with the hopes of boosting acceptance for their kids. It does my head in when I think of someone taking a seat from a deserving candidate just because your parents went to the school, donated and have leeway in or a relative as well. If you keep the books open for evaluation then no problem but sadly none of the premier world institutes do this. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil said:

Fake social media accounts, I'd make it  I.D to register with your passport or driving licence. 

This would get rid of trolls and kids and make everyone accountable for themselves. 

Very bad idea. How about forcing social media companies to actually moderate the content and take swift action against trolls, harrasment, bullying, etc. (which they are capable of but not willing to do) instead of giving big data companies with dodgy data protection record even more sensitive personal information and trust them to keep it safe and not misuse it at any point... Not to mention other issues like identity theft, doxxing, safety of people in countries with oppressive regimes, or more subtle issues of profiling. That's every big data company's and government's wet dream. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Devil said:

I will start if off nice and simple. 

Smoking, awful habit which I'd guess 99% of smokers wish they now didn't. 

Really upsets me when I see school children smoking, you'd have thought all the warnings would put kids off. 

I agree with you on the smoking bit but you might as well add ban all films from the past and future showing people smoking, as the younger generations watch old-time movies with them days heroes (male & female) with a fag stuck in their gobs and quite a few will think that's a cool thing to do xD

We have the ban smoking brigade like us as it can cause cancer etc which I agree in then we have the ban alcohol brigade because it's bad for your health (liver, kidneys etc), then you can go onto sports and ban sports like boxing as it damages your brain, then the ban football brigade heading a football... I give up now. O.o

We might as well ban everything nowadays and walk around with a spacesuit on because car exhaust pipes pumping out used petrol fumes is bad for your health, I can remember my old boss down south many moons ago got pulled up in his factory by a health & safety female officer as she caught him smoking in the factory, he yelled at her "What do you want me to do? stick a fucking plastic bag over my head and smoke?", she left the building nearly in tears and refused to make any more health & safety visits there and they had to send guys thereafter. :D

• Subscriber

All governments should make it a law that companies like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc should have their contents vetted before being published to stop fucking idiots like Donald 'Duck' Trump from posting shit glorifying himself. :coffee:

26 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I agree with you on the smoking bit but you might as well add ban all films from the past and future showing people smoking, as the younger generations watch old-time movies with them days heroes (male & female) with a fag stuck in their gobs and quite a few will think that's a cool thing to do xD

We have the ban smoking brigade like us as it can cause cancer etc which I agree in then we have the ban alcohol brigade because it's bad for your health (liver, kidneys etc), then you can go onto sports and ban sports like boxing as it damages your brain, then the ban football brigade heading a football... I give up now. O.o

We might as well ban everything nowadays and walk around with a spacesuit on because car exhaust pipes pumping out used petrol fumes is bad for your health, I can remember my old boss down south many moons ago got pulled up in his factory by a health & safety female officer as she caught him smoking in the factory, he yelled at her "What do you want me to do? stick a fucking plastic bag over my head and smoke?", she left the building nearly in tears and refused to make any more health & safety visits there and they had to send guys thereafter. :D

Suppose your right but wouldn't you prefer the younger generation of today to not suffer from the same mistakes our generations made. 

The other things you've listed can either be enjoyed in moderation or improved with future technology. 

Boxing and footballers are very well paid to be fair, if you take up a professional career you know the risk involved but you know you get paid well to do it. Same with footballers. 

There is no moderation or gain from smoking a cigarette though. Every cig is damaging your long term health. 

Here is one I think could improved upon. 

Cowboy builders and joiners. 

If you operate a building business or joinery, plumbing or gas fitting business you need to be registered and meet a certain standard of workmanship. The companies would need to be regulated and monitored to prove the standard of their work. This can been done via site visits and job by job uploads using a tablet or smart phone. 

Too many dodgy tradesmen operating and stealing a living. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Devil said:

There is no moderation or gain from smoking a cigarette though. Every cig is damaging your long term health. 

The big megabuck companies argued by banning cigarettes, cigars etc would cause mass unemployment, the same then would apply to banning drink, mass unemployment, I know I smoked like a trooper before I quit 5 years ago coming up because of a collapsed lung but I still like a drink but with my age nowadays it's really just in moderation :whistling: :drunk:

Imagine if they did ban booze, walk into a pub and ask for "A pint of lemonade, please". xD

Arse licking managers in work. Too people shit employees get promoted because they bum lick managers.

I like how Alan Sugar says I don't like arse lickers on the apprentice.

Cunts that sit in the cinema twiddling with their phones or having a chat with their mate. Just fuck off you absolute wankbangles. Stay at home, talk to your hearts content and post your selfies on Instagram whilst LETTING ME WATCH THE FILM IN PEACE AND QUIET YOU FUCKING MUGS.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Cunts that sit in the cinema twiddling with their phones or having a chat with their mate. Just fuck off you absolute wankbangles. Stay at home, talk to your hearts content and post your selfies on Instagram whilst LETTING ME WATCH THE FILM IN PEACE AND QUIET YOU FUCKING MUGS.

Or cunts walking along talking on their mobiles and not looking where they are going, crash into you and look at you as if to say "Watch where you are going, mate..."

STICK YOUR MOBILE UP YOUR ARSE WHEN WALKING ALONG TALKING MORONS.

45 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Or cunts walking along talking on their mobiles and not looking where they are going, crash into you and look at you as if to say "Watch where you are going, mate..."

STICK YOUR MOBILE UP YOUR ARSE WHEN WALKING ALONG TALKING MORONS.

Ashley Cole will welcome this.

As an ex-smoker, I'm not sure we should ban cigarettes. Yes it's unhealthy, yes some people can find it unpleasant... but by the same token, if I find the morbidly obese to be unpleasant to look at and it's not healthy to be morbidly obese... I don't think that means we need to ban fast food and Coca-Cola.

And yes, I realise second hand smoke is more harmful to other people than looking at someone unattractive... and it's a bit of a ridiculous point. But I think in the grand scheme of things, I don't think there's a serious harm to most people. Maybe banning people from smoking around babies and young kids makes sense to me though.

I'm actually not big on banning a lot of things, tbh. I can think of a few instances where I'd "unban" things...

Like I think if I had the power, I'd decriminalise/legalise all (or most) drugs. Should people be snorting cocaine and shooting smack? Probably not. But I don't think criminalising drug use/sale/possession is really the answer to addressing drug addiction. If you're on drugs and are committing crimes, I think that should be taken into account when facing justice in a legal system. But drug use/sale/possession by itself... I think it's a bit of a waste of police/judicial resources.

Same with prostitution (in instances where the prostitutes aren't the result of human trafficking... because that's typically sex slavery)... it's two adults consenting to have sex - like normal sex - the only difference is the transactional element. If prostitution was a normal business with it's own rules and proper regulation and oversight - it'd be a lot safer for the prostitute and the customer. And police and the court system could worry about crimes where there's actually a victim.

I'm not sure I agree with censorship of art. I can understand it in some contexts - like Germany banning the Swastika in video games (which aren't deemed art, which I think is stupid... if action movies can be deemed art, why the fuck can't video games)... but it's not like Wolfenstein, a game which revolves around killing Nazis, is glorifying Nazis by displaying the Swastika as you ruthlessly gun down Nazis. I think there, there's actually value in showing the Swastika, even if it's been transformed into a hateful symbol that represents the worst of humanity... because the game is SO ANTI-NAZI it puts some fucking context as to why your ruthless slaughter of these people is a good thing!

Similarly, I think what Poland is doing to death/black metal bands like Behemoth - trying to censor and ban them because of blasphemy. Or basically anything the Islamic Republic of Iran does with regard to censorship in terms of entertainment/art/pretty much everything... that's an absolute disgrace. So I'd ban that kind of censorship against art.

I don't believe it's the government's role to be morality police. The government's mostly just there to keep everyone safe and keep countries functioning. So I'd try to ban authoritarian governments xD 

I'd also ban guns. And bombs. And most modern instruments of war... if I can't ban war itself entirely. War is fucking hell, modern weaponry makes that hell all the more worse and much more deadly. Bet countries would really think long and hard about going to war if it meant you had to send kids out with swords, pikes, axes, etc... 

I agree with @DeadLinesman, if you're in a theatre and you've got your phone out or you haven't put yourself on silent or some shite like that... when you're in a public setting - that shouldn't be allowed. It's not a massive harm to anyone or anything, but it's fucking annoying and incredibly rude. I bet if theatres fined people 20 quid each time it happened, it'd never fucking happen though.

Archived