• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Achraf Hakimi Joins PSG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Does this mean Tuchel sees weakness in Reece James? To spend that much on a wing back when they already have a young prospect like James is weird.

Think he can play left back too, though wouldn’t be unlike Chelsea to get shot of the youngsters

21 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Does this mean Tuchel sees weakness in Reece James? To spend that much on a wing back when they already have a young prospect like James is weird.

Well James isn't a natural RWB. At youth level we saw him at RCB with Lamptey at RWB.

We'll probably see James more at RCB given the attacking responsibility Tuchel's giving the two outside CBs. Will probably rotate with both Dave and Hakimi. 

On 17/06/2021 at 04:48, carefreeluke said:

Emerson should be the one we try to shift, been at the club too long. Alonso should stay if we continue with wingbacks, he's a fantastic backup in that sense. 

I wouldn't say fantastic. He finds space in the final third very well, but then what? Would rather we get some decent competition for Chilwell. I know we've been linked with Alfonso Pedraza at Villarreal. 

11 hours ago, Cicero said:

I wouldn't say fantastic. He finds space in the final third very well, but then what? Would rather we get some decent competition for Chilwell. I know we've been linked with Alfonso Pedraza at Villarreal. 

I’ve been Alonso’s biggest critic over the years, I’ve never been his biggest fan but as a wing back in a squad role he does have a big moment in him and that’s his saving grace. His appearances last season were enough to keep Chilwell on his toes and as long as we continue playing wingbacks, you may as well keep Alonso around. 
Let’s not forget Zappacosta is still on our books. 😂

Hakimi is a great improvement over Florenzi. Expensive but at least they´ve finnaly solved their RB problems. 

With Ramos also on the verge of signing, I wonder if Poch decides to go with a 3-5-2. 

It makes for that squad, since they´ll have 3 really good CBs and also considering Hakimi is not a great defender.

• The title was changed to Achraf Hakimi - PSG Set to Seal Deal for Defender
On 23/06/2021 at 10:09, El Profesor said:

Hakimi is a great improvement over Florenzi. Expensive but at least they´ve finnaly solved their RB problems. 

With Ramos also on the verge of signing, I wonder if Poch decides to go with a 3-5-2. 

It makes for that squad, since they´ll have 3 really good CBs and also considering Hakimi is not a great defender.

He has to. Not sure Hakimi can play anywhere else?

Quality signing but it is a lot of money for a system based player. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yes, Hakimi is a liability on a 4-men line. 

At the same time, PSG has gotten very little from that position in the qatari era. From van der Wiel to Florenzi, they have never really had a long-term fix on the right. In that sense, Hakimi is a great improvement. 

There are some Gosens rumors as well, which all but confirm that PSG will adopt the 3-5-2. But Gosens is probably out of their reach after his Euro performances. 

I think they should get Renan Lodi on the cheap from Atlético de Madrid, not a good defender, but great at attacking. 

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

I think Hakimi has played as a left winger before

Archived