talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Annual Next Everton Manager Thread - Rafa Benitez Hired

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You don't think he's one of the better options available and that's fair enough. My point was that there's plenty of Evertonian's who do but redshite.

You lot would accept Rodgers if that situation arose because ultimately he was an unsuccessful Liverpool manager. That's the reason.

Really? That's the reason? Nothing to do with Rodgers' proven track record in progressing a club from a similar position to us to sustained top four challengers and FA Cup winners while Rafa was washed up in China?

There might be 15-20 Evertonians putting up illiterate and abusive banners outside the ground before dragging their knuckles back home but they aren't the whole fanbase. For most sensible Evertonians, the Liverpool connection is simply the cherry on top of the shit sundae of the washed up manager, the style of play that's going to make our eyes bleed and the knowledge that we'll be back here yet again in a couple of years if not before.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I hope Rafa strings them along for as long as possible and draws out the negotiating process to last most of the summer.

And then pulls out before ever signing with them, leaving them without a manager at the start of the season.

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly I hope Rafa strings them along for as long as possible and draws out the negotiating process to last most of the summer.

And then pulls out before ever signing with them, leaving them without a manager at the start of the season.

VR13S3i.thumb.jpg.adf9827df003fadf309cca5415a33b4a.jpg

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Really? That's the reason? Nothing to do with Rodgers' proven track record in progressing a club from a similar position to us to sustained top four challengers and FA Cup winners while Rafa was washed up in China?

There might be 15-20 Evertonians putting up illiterate and abusive banners outside the ground before dragging their knuckles back home but they aren't the whole fanbase. For most sensible Evertonians, the Liverpool connection is simply the cherry on top of the shit sundae of the washed up manager, the style of play that's going to make our eyes bleed and the knowledge that we'll be back here yet again in a couple of years if not before.

Talking of style of play, it'll be quite difficult to be any worse than the shit Ancelotti was serving up

14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Talking of style of play, it'll be quite difficult to be any worse than the shit Ancelotti was serving up

Ancelotti's style of play was arguably the worst I've seen, but I put up with it because with better players in line with the "project" I could see the end goal.

It's one of the reasons why I was so angry that he left, sitting through that shite for absolutely fuck all.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sky’s owned by Comcast

Only recently, that doesnt change the fact it was murdoch’s toy for over thirty years. you’d hate the the sun regardless of ownership so why does sky get a free pass? no one can bloody defend sky and comcast they are called ‘the worst comoany in america’ for a reason

27 minutes ago, Spike said:

Only recently, that doesnt change the fact it was murdoch’s toy for over thirty years. you’d hate the the sun regardless of ownership so why does sky get a free pass? no one can bloody defend sky and comcast they are called ‘the worst comoany in america’ for a reason

I think if you don’t understand why Merseysiders have a particular dislike for The Sun that will probably never be forgiven… idk what to tell you.

Murdoch’s owned many press outlets, but only one was working directly with police/Tory lies to slander the dead rather than factually report what happened.

And Kelvin McKenzie, the editor, has never been forgiven by us for… even when the rest of the country/world/media has forgotten and keeps hiring him.

33 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think if you don’t understand why Merseysiders have a particular dislike for The Sun that will probably never be forgiven… idk what to tell you.

Murdoch’s owned many press outlets, but only one was working directly with police/Tory lies to slander the dead rather than factually report what happened.

And Kelvin McKenzie, the editor, has never been forgiven by us for… even when the rest of the country/world/media has forgotten and keeps hiring him.

I know exactly why but if you can't see the forest for the trees I don't know what to tell you. After Kelvin McKenzie left the Sun where did he go? Murdoch's Sky, after that? He bought Talk Radio with guess who as a financial backer? News Corp. If you can't see Murdoch and everything related to him is a pervasive problem in the English speaking world then you're just blinded by the Sun.

Can you buy the Times in Merseyside?

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I know exactly why but if you can't see the forest for the trees I don't know what to tell you. After Kelvin McKenzie left the Sun where did he go? Murdoch's Sky, after that? He bought Talk Radio with guess who as a financial backer? News Corp. If you can't see Murdoch and everything related to him is a pervasive problem in the English speaking world then you're just blinded by the Sun.

Can you buy the Times in Merseyside?

I think you can but tbh most people I know back home don’t touch anything Murdoch related other than when Sky was owned by him. But they had a monopoly on football in the UK for decades, in fact probably one of the biggest reasons why football is the way it is now is because of Sky.

The Sun was an early warning of why no Murdoch media should ever really be trusted though. And they’ve only gotten worse since the 80s.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think you can but tbh most people I know back home don’t touch anything Murdoch related other than when Sky was owned by him. But they had a monopoly on football in the UK for decades, in fact probably one of the biggest reasons why football is the way it is now is because of Sky.

The Sun was an early warning of why no Murdoch media should ever really be trusted though. And they’ve only gotten worse since the 80s.

He has unprecedented influence in Australia and is culpable for the perversion of democracy. He owns every single media outlet in my home state, every single one. He is the reason the most incompetent PM in Australian history has the highest approval ratings ever. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate News Corp.

I still don’t touch Sky, it has his DNA all over it.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

He has unprecedented influence in Australia and is culpable for the perversion of democracy. He owns every single media outlet in my home state, every single one. He is the reason the most incompetent PM in Australian history has the highest approval ratings ever. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate News Corp.

I still don’t touch Sky, it has his DNA all over it.

I think he’s one of the most evil men in modern history 100%

I don’t believe in hell, or anything religious really, but if it is real… at least he’s gonna go there

• Subscriber

Opposition from within the club? Kenwright a given, Brands likely, Barrett-Baxendale certainly, I wonder if the likes of Ferguson, Unsworth, Baines have made their feelings known as well.

• Subscriber

Absolutely, unequivocally scum behaviour.

But this is what the board have inflicted upon all parties by pursuing an unpopular and divisive appointment like this one. All anger should be directed at Farhad Moshiri and the rest of the board, not at other fans, not at Benitez himself and certainly not at his home or his family.

Everton and our fanbase are better than this. But the disastrous running of the club over the past decade is finally starting to see things turn ugly. That's not an excuse for the perpetrators but starting to see behaviour like this from an angry and disillusioned fanbase is the only ending point for the course of action the owner has decided to take here.

20 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

But this is what the board have inflicted upon all parties by pursuing an unpopular and divisive appointment like this one. All anger should be directed at Farhad Moshiri and the rest of the board, not at other fans, not at Benitez himself and certainly not at his home or his family.

Everton and our fanbase are better than this. But the disastrous running of the club over the past decade is finally starting to see things turn ugly. That's not an excuse for the perpetrators but starting to see behaviour like this from an angry and disillusioned fanbase is the only ending point for the course of action the owner has decided to take here.

Cannot blame the board for individuals threatening a man and his family

This could end up making it easier for Benitez. Those blues who bang the 'class and dignity' drum will have to try and separate themselves from the dickheads who made the banner by not being so hostile towards him

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

It's honestly shite like this that has turned me off football for a while now. How can a sport really bother you that much? The tribalism in the UK when it comes to football is seriously unhealthy and pathetic. These are grown men most probably, and they're doing shit like this in their free time because their club is choosing a certain coach they don't agree with... 

This is not a dig at Everton or their fans in general. You get knob heads like this across every team, just find behavior like this so baffling. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Danny said:

Cannot blame the board for individuals threatening a man and his family

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Just in case that's what you got from my post. I'm not assuming you did, but want to be absolutely clear in my condemnation of actions like this.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

This could end up making it easier for Benitez. Those blues who bang the 'class and dignity' drum will have to try and separate themselves from the dickheads who made the banner by not being so hostile towards him

People aren't hostile towards Benitez personally except for a few dickheads. We don't want him, but the anger is very much already directed at the board.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apparently it's been placed outside the wrong house xD 

Makes whoever did it look even more stupid now.

Not sure, the prospect of them intimidating the wrong persons for mistaken them with Benitez's family, makes that incident laughable. Sometimes people mean, what they say, you know.

Archived