talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FINAL - Italy (p) 1-1 England - Sunday 11th July, 2021

football forum

9 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

This game is likely getting too big for England. Just seeing all the fans at the hotel for the team leaving. Keeping focus and staying grounded is going to be a challenge in itself.

We have a number of players who have been in huge finals before and they should all start today, mainly all the Man City players and Henderson

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We have a number of players who have been in huge finals before and they should all start today, mainly all the Man City players and Henderson

Only huge final the City players have played in they lost :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Only huge final the City players have played in they lost :ph34r:

Micky mouse euro cup, midtable team won it hence why we don't need mount today :ph34r:  ..City players have won more than any other English players this decade, they should all start

Just now, El Profesor said:

I'm curious. 

Have the likes of Sterling and Kane surpassed the legacy of that generation of Beckham, Owen, Shearer, Seaman in your view? 

Yes. 100%. 

The Golden Generation will be remembered by those that lived it but they won't have the historical value in 30 years time some of the key players in the team do. 

It's a bit like Kevin Keegan being the most recognisable face from the late 70s early 80s. Great, great footballer for his time but he's not deemed in the upper echelons of Moore, Charlton etc.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I'm curious. 

Have the likes of Sterling and Kane surpassed the legacy of that generation of Beckham, Owen, Shearer, Seaman in your view? 

100%.

Getting to the final awards them that privilege. I think the legacy of this team will be seen for years because of what they represent for the fans (like what Southgate has alluded to) and how close they are to their communities.

Some might say they won't surpass the legacy if they don't win but I don't think that'll be the case. 

It's a new generation of players that have reached the final of an international tournament for the first time in decades. 

• Administrator

Utter idiots. They're not even going to get that far and now probably won't be able to watch the game they may even have a ticket for.

Absolute twats. In fact I find it funny they won't get to watch the game because of their stupidity.

23 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I'm curious. 

Yes, almost from nowhere, with this now added to Russia 2018, in terms of how history will remember them, I think they're easily ahead of them now.

Perhaps the lack of hype has helped them. Perhaps having a manager who seems to get them & know how to get the best out of them has helped. They may even have had better luck at times.

I think the result tonight & maybe even what they do over the next couple of tournaments will define if they truly become the next generation of Charlton, Moore, Banks & Hurst.

The one thing I can't help but feel is that even a first Euro championship may not eclipse the 1 World Cup star. Not by itself. The history lessons could still be 'this is when we won this 1 & that's when we won the other 1. The 1 without Brazil, Argentina & a few others'

• The title was changed to FINAL - Italy 1-1 England - Sunday 11th July, 2021

Archived