Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Keita
Fabinho
Milner

Salah
Firmino
Mane

I think only doubts are whether he starts Van Dijk and possibly Jota instead of Firmino. I think the rest picks itself

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What team we thinking. I think it'll be something like

Alisson

TAA
Matip
Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Keita
Fabinho
Milner

Salah
Firmino
Mane

I think only doubts are whether he starts Van Dijk and possibly Jota instead of Firmino. I think the rest picks itself

Konate not starting?

Just now, Spike said:

I don't know why but I've always find it a little funny when fans post their preferred starting XI. always get a little chuckle out of it, it's cute.

Didn't say it was my preferred, just what I think it'll be.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

What team we thinking. I think it'll be something like

Alisson

TAA
Matip
Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Keita
Fabinho
Milner

Salah
Firmino
Mane

You guys would know better than me but surely Jota gets in that front three?

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

As I say, one of the doubts is whether Firmino does start, but only because he's only just come back. I'd still expect him to be the main man through the middle this season.

59 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Over Firmino or Mane?

I dunno, I can't see him starting over Firmino  - at least not right now. For as much criticism as Firmino got for losing form last season, he's still a pretty vital part of how we play. He's also picked up form a bit at the end of last season and has looked good (in highlights) of pre-season I've seen so far. Mane also fell off massively last season, imo, but I still think that he's going to be the starter on the left side of the front 3 for now - he's still proven he's quality and one bad season, where he said he felt long term effects of COVID, doesn't really change the fact that he's been world class for us in the past.

There's definitely a chance for Jota to become a starter as the season goes on though. Jota's looked brilliant since joining us and looks hungry to be a starter with us.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Konate not starting?

I'd have thought he and Matip would be our CB pairing at the start of the season, thinking that VVD and Gomez would be eased back in after their long injury layoffs. But going off our last friendly, I think it'll probably be VVD and Matip. Klopp's generally a fan of bedding in players with us pretty slowly, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see much of Konate for about half a season... barring any injury crisis. And then I think the preferred pairing would likely be: VVD and Konate.

Just now, Ploughendplonker said:

Fancy this to be quite a tight game, Liverpool to sneak it 2-1.

For some reason, I think that's more likely than us thumping them. I think Norwich'll make us work for the 3 points and be surprisingly competitive. Wouldn't be surprised if they get a result, tbh (although I've not really kept up with how they've done in pre-season and tbh I don't really put much stock in pre-season performances).

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

For some reason, I think that's more likely than us thumping them. I think Norwich'll make us work for the 3 points and be surprisingly competitive. Wouldn't be surprised if they get a result, tbh (although I've not really kept up with how they've done in pre-season and tbh I don't really put much stock in pre-season performances).

I have a feeling Norwich will do alright this year. I know they have a difficult start but I think they'll swerve relegation this year and finish lower mid table. 

• The title was changed to Norwich 0-3 Liverpool - Saturday 14th August, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived