talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Benjamin Mendy Found Not Guilty of Rape Charges

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have City still got him on the books? I know it’s innocent until proven guilty, but if this is his second charge over this sort of thing then surely there’s no smoke without fire. I’d be wanting my club to release the cunt now, there’s far too much going against Mendy that he’s all of a sudden going to be found innocent. And yes, I’m stating that as a matter of my own opinion before anybody gets in a paddy. Bad look for City. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Denied bail.

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Have City still got him on the books? I know it’s innocent until proven guilty, but if this is his second charge over this sort of thing then surely there’s no smoke without fire. I’d be wanting my club to release the cunt now, there’s far too much going against Mendy that he’s all of a sudden going to be found innocent. And yes, I’m stating that as a matter of my own opinion before anybody gets in a paddy. Bad look for City. 

Given he's denied bail, police certainly deem him as a flight risk and probably have enough on him so as to take him to court with enough evidence for the charges they're relying on too. 

I imagine legally there's a lot Man City are doing behind the scenes and are pretty much ready to release him as soon as is legally possible.  

On 03/09/2021 at 02:52, Dr. Gonzo said:

xD yeah & tbf I think it was a pretty common saying for decades tbh. Definitely did not age well... but I'm confident it's still said pretty regularly

Guilty 

Touch of a rapist 
Feet like Christopher Reeves 
sweating like a pedo at a playground ect ect. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Given he's denied bail, police certainly deem him as a flight risk and probably have enough on him so as to take him to court with enough evidence for the charges they're relying on too. 

I imagine legally there's a lot Man City are doing behind the scenes and are pretty much ready to release him as soon as is legally possible.  

Pretty sure he's on suspended pay until further notice. If proven guilty they will simply release him. 

This will save City 1.5 million a week so they are happy. 

Yeah I think he's been suspended by the club already, so he's already not getting paid.

I do think he's a flight risk or possibly a danger, considering he was arrested for attempted rape while out on bail for rape related chargers... it's probably a good thing bail was denied again.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Two further counts of rape charges...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-59306545

Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy has been charged with two further counts of rape.

Mr Mendy, of Prestbury, has been summonsed to appear at Stockport Magistrates' Court on Wednesday.

The 27-year-old footballer, who remains in custody, is now facing six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.

The charges relate to four complainants over the age of 16 and are alleged to have taken place between October 2020 and August 2021.

The France international has played for last season's Premier League champions Manchester City since 2017, when he joined from Monaco for a reported £52m.

He was suspended by the club after being charged by police, pending an investigation.

Louis Saha Matturie was also previously charged with four counts of rape in relation to the alleged attacks between March 2021 and August 2021. 

The 40-year-old from Eccles has also been charged with two additional counts of rape and one of sexual assault and summonsed to appear at the court.

Both men are due to go on trial on 24 January 2022.

@Cicero As the age of consent is 16 in England I dont think he will get any extra jail time if found guilty unless they are under 16. I dont know why someone of his age would find an under 18 attractive though 

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Cicero As the age of consent is 16 in England I dont think he will get any extra jail time if found guilty unless they are under 16. I dont know why someone of his age would find an under 18 attractive though 

If he's raped another person he'll get the extra jail time regardless of age? 

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

If found guilty he will get a sentence for each count but the sentences will run concurrently. So it's only the longest sentence you effectively pay attention too as he will be out in half that time to serve the rest of the sentence suspended if he behaves himself.

I think under the English sentencing guidelines, multiple convictions can call for an increase to the recommended tariff for each offence. So even though they run concurrently and he is not going to get 100 years or anything, he could maybe get a more severe sentence than if it were a single case.

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

I think under the English sentencing guidelines, multiple convictions can call for an increase to the recommended tariff for each offence. So even though they run concurrently and he is not going to get 100 years or anything, he could maybe get a more severe sentence than if it were a single case.

Thankfully the maximum sentence you can recieve for rape is a life sentence. 

8 hours ago, Stan said:

If he's raped another person he'll get the extra jail time regardless of age? 

What I meant was say he gets 10 years for each rape. He wont get an extra 5 years for one rape or something because she was under 18 if she was above 16. He would get more time of she was under 16

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I remember people wanted more footballers to be like this guy because he had good twitter banter...

Yeah because all those people at the time knew he was a serial rapist...

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Yeah because all those people at the time knew he was a serial rapist...

37 minutes ago, Rick said:

What sense does this make? 

It's pretty self explanatory. Good twitter banter and the public image someone puts out there doesn't really say much about the person. People put too much stock into something they really shouldn't.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Benjamin Mendy Found Not Guilty of Rape Charges

Archived