The better place to talk football.

FM22

football forum

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
On 06/03/2022 at 09:00, Stan said:

Managed to get Norwich promoted and now staving off relegation for now. Currently 17th in a battle with Leeds, Villa, Southampton and Burnley. 

Managed to get a lot of youngsters from South America on the cheap and they seem to be doing the job for now - Kaio Jorge being one of them but doubt he'll be good enough to build on wanting to do better than just avoid relegation. 

Survived this, ended up 16th 3 points above relegation. Meant for a big cash boost for the transfer fund in summer. Lot of regens from South America are valuable - sign them for small amounts, on the day they sign their value at the bare minimum quadruples.

Bought this guy upon promotion for only £11.75m from Bayern.

image.png

Signed this guy for £20m. Almost triple/quadruple that and he's not even played a competitive game. 

image.png

English Premier League tax well and truly in place.

• Subscriber

Won 2 games in a row to bump us up the league a bit. Sitting just outside the playoffs but this early in the season, it can change so quickly. 8 games played and we've only lost 2 in the league so far. We seem to be getting a lot of draws, which aren't bad but need to get the lads to concede less so we can turn those draws into wins. We always seem to draw from winning situations rather than drawing from losing situations.

On 28/02/2022 at 23:15, Dan said:

His stats are actually quite good. Decent knowledge and a very young age so would be likely to develop. I make him the second person on here following Storts to get on the game.

I was in FM 07 to about FM 17 as a player

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Toinho said:

I was in FM 07 to about FM 17 as a player

xD name? I managed Australia on an FM once, want to say FM15. Wonder if I ever called you up.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

xD name? I managed Australia on an FM once, want to say FM15. Wonder if I ever called you up.

Highly doubt it, terrible semi pro stats (which were better than my real life ability) Can Pm you if you want haha, I can’t remember which FM’s exactly though as time flies! 

Couple of updates -

Four seasons in to the future and Derby County have a very good squad to work with. They sold a lot of the good youngsters for big fees and had a golden generation come through. They sold Louie Sibley to Arsenal for 13m who I've bought back for 600k.

---

I started that Forest Green save and they have way too much potential on this game not to be in The Championship in a couple of seasons...

Players with potential to be good enough to push for The Prem:

Luke McGee (goalkeeper)

Godwin-Malife (right back or center back)

Jake Young (striker or wide player)

Players with potential good enough to consolidate in The Championship:

Kane Wilson (right back)

Chris Cadden (left midfielder)

Ebou Adams (center midfielder)

Regan Hendry (center midfield)

Managed to add Billy Koumetio, Jamal Hector-Ingram, Josh Sims, Matty Daly and a couple of other players to create a real neat squad.

One good bit of business was signing for Sammy Braybrooke from Leicester for 80k and selling for 2 million to Brentford after half a season of first team exposure following  bidding war with Palace, Brighton and Southampton. So if you're going to do a Leicester save @Dan @Stanhe may be one that's good enough to eventually bring through.

• Subscriber
On 26/03/2022 at 10:26, The Palace Fan said:

Couple of updates -

Four seasons in to the future and Derby County have a very good squad to work with. They sold a lot of the good youngsters for big fees and had a golden generation come through. They sold Louie Sibley to Arsenal for 13m who I've bought back for 600k.

---

I started that Forest Green save and they have way too much potential on this game not to be in The Championship in a couple of seasons...

Players with potential to be good enough to push for The Prem:

Luke McGee (goalkeeper)

Godwin-Malife (right back or center back)

Jake Young (striker or wide player)

Players with potential good enough to consolidate in The Championship:

Kane Wilson (right back)

Chris Cadden (left midfielder)

Ebou Adams (center midfielder)

Regan Hendry (center midfield)

Managed to add Billy Koumetio, Jamal Hector-Ingram, Josh Sims, Matty Daly and a couple of other players to create a real neat squad.

One good bit of business was signing for Sammy Braybrooke from Leicester for 80k and selling for 2 million to Brentford after half a season of first team exposure following  bidding war with Palace, Brighton and Southampton. So if you're going to do a Leicester save @Dan @Stanhe may be one that's good enough to eventually bring through.

I've not followed our youth side anywhere near as much as I should've this season but the people I trust tend to think Braybrooke's got a decent future in the game. Will Alves is the really interesting one, he looks a superb talent but you just don't know how it'll translate to the first team.

I'm yet to do my annual disaster Leicester save - it seldom lasts over a year anyway xD 

• Administrator

Got a tad bored at my Norwich save. Went looking to go abroad after spending quite a few seasons in UK.

Went to Torino, was there for a few months then weirdly got offered the Napoli job xD. But they're nowhere near the 'beast' they present like they do these days.

They weirdly bought plenty of 31/32+ year olds all over their squad, aren't that rich and are mid-table battling for ECL football. My 'project' is to rejuvenate the youth amongst the squad and improve their league standing...

• Subscriber

Dropped off with the form recently but still sitting just above mid-table in League One which is an overachievement considering we're supposed to be fighting relegation. My strikers are struggling to score at the moment and I don't want to rotate them too heavily and too often otherwise they'll never find their feet again. My wingers are doing brilliantly though and seem to have their scoring boots on so that's saving us a fair bit. We draw more games than we lose which is good, but I still want to convert those draws into wins.

last 10 games of my second season and have opened a 6 point lead over man United.

won the carabo cup beating Liverpool on penalties and into the quarters of the champs league.

team:

Henderson

Gillespie

debravka (sold jan)

trippier

Ethan laird (loan)

Targett

Lewis

ahmedomiv

burns

Branthwaite

Tomas Araujo

Anselmo Mcnulty

Kessie

tolisso

Oscar (sevilla)

joelinton

Bruno G

Willock

F conceisao

Olise

St maxi

Gabriel Barbosa

Wilson

wood (sold)

fer nino (loan)

to sign

Adeyemi -54m

callum Hudson oddoi (0 part ex with ASM who is unhappy)

• 3 weeks later...

into the second season with RB Leipzig and prefer it to my Newcastle save.   RB Leipzig are a feeder club, you find youth, build them up and sell them high.   I'm forced to put high release clauses onto signings.

They are so good defensively with a 5-3-2 WCB or a 4-3-1-2 made legendary in Champ manager 99/00.   Very good direct passing team.   go from defense to attack fast.    Paulsen is one if the best target men partnered with nkunku and Adeyemi you have goals for free.

at the end of season one sold

Olmo to Newcastle

Silva to Citeh

Haidara to United

Leimer to Bayern

Orban to Bayern

Gvardiol to Real for 110m

Forsberg to Spurs

Kampl to United.

In:

iliax moriba returns

Fabian riedner Young boys (passing machine 20-30 assists)

riddle Baku Wolfsburg

ahmedhovic malmo (best CB period)

I'm doing FC Porto again (as it's my wife's team) and they're like RB Leipzig which makes it really fun. Any of your players that are on the verge of being quality get snapped up by the Bayern, PSG, Liverpool club, but that's great as you can sell high and re-invest in wonderkids.

I don't even stand in their way now, my entire model is having a value on every player and no matter who they are selling them if that value is met. 

• Subscriber

The goalkeeping on this game is just fucked. I'm getting so fed up of it now. I appreciate some keepers are crap, some have bad games etc... but why is it this hard to get a reliable goalkeeper? I'm not asking for Buffon just a keeper who won't drop a 6.2 in a third of his games.

It's FM22's answer to the appalling finishing on FM20.

• 2 weeks later...

trying my hand at my second favourite team, Bayer Leverkusen.   it is a good challenge as they have a small capacity stadium and no money.   They are a glorified feeder club which means scouting is essential.  

So far so good sitting in 3rd after 12 games and doing well in the Euro cup.   Bought some unknowns;

Nico from Barcelona, big game and consistency is dark green making him a "mental monster". 

I got onguene from Salzburg and Dino Peric from Zagreb as they have a defender crisis, Chris Mepham has crossed my mind as he is a beastly good player in FM engine, a guaranteed 7.3 season rating player and so dominant in the air.

I got some unknown 20 year old winger from Zaragoza, Kevin D(can't remember his full name)  but he has 3 hat tricks so far not bad for 350k 

I am trying too loan Roony from Kobenhaven, 15 year old with stupid stats, if you have 10m you can get him and he turns into a beast.   i found him in my Newcastle season 4 save and he is 19 with stats similar to Gnabry

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing my first save with Fortuna Düsseldorf again. 

Managed to get them into the Europa League Semis. 😮 Drew West Ham away, and managed to beat them 1-0 at home. 

fortuna.png

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived