talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FM22

football forum

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started my 3rd season with Wellington Phoenix, and shit's hard man. Almost no money to spend, they have a salary cup I never knew about, and most of my good players wanting to leave. So I rely on players from my own youth system and free signings. Managed to get a decent squad together for the new season, but it's not exactly great in depth. Also had to change my tactic to something with a bit less intensity, so I won't have too many injuries or exhausted players by the end of the season.

Last season I had a good run where I was top of the table for a long time, but in the end we faltered, mainly due to exhaustion due to my high intensity tactics. 

Had a good start to the new season though. 

Unbenannt.png

Started a save with Alta, who are the most northern team in the world, located deep in the Arctic. They're in the 3rd tier of Norwegian football and my goal is to take them to the top domestically, and then progress through the group stage of the Champions League which would be (if my research is right) the furthest that any Norwegian club has been in Europe. They've also got 39 year old Morten Gamst Pederson, and two stadia (one outdoor, and the other indoor for when the outdoor pitch is thick with snow).

Won promotion in my first season by winning the league (expected to be mid-table) and was top of the second tier up until about 8 games to go and we collapsed, winning none and slipping to 7th, just outside the play-off places. 

Really enjoying it though I must say, he was only with us for 6 months but I managed to sign Carlos Tevez on £250 a week, made his debut in a game with -17° conditions xD. Got homesick and went back to Argentina after a few games.

• Administrator
On 31/01/2022 at 20:30, Stan said:

2nd season at Fleetwood.

Halfway through, and it's going alright...

image.png

Very close at the top though. 

Nearing the end of the season, and I've nearly caught up on Derby!

image.png

Final game is at home to Derby!!

9 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Bought FM22 for myself for my Bday,  I suppose I could do the fab and play with El-Newcastle,  or just do my regular playthrough with Bayer Leverkusen. 

obemsjnu19b81.jpg

15 games gone; 7 wins, 7 defeats and a draw. As you'd expect we are right in the middle of the table, 8 points from relegation and 8 points from 1st place. 

Being semi professional and having £0 to spend, I do get the feeling that's it's going to take a stroke of luck for us to hit the Premier League. I'm also a bit worried that the board will start to expect too much, as they want the playoffs next season and I just don't think we're ready yet. 

Still having fun though, if a bit frustrated at our inconsistency.

the learning curve from champ manager is quite a step up.   I'm about a third into my season with NUFC doing pretty well given low expectations.

the media hates me for signing cheap players that average over 7.0 per game.

in:

Burns 2m

Pape Cisse 2m

Trippier 20m/3years

John McGinn (swap for Fraser)

Guimaraes 38m/3 years

Burns 25m / 3 years

out:

Ritchie 3m 

Clark 3m

Gillespie 1m

Almiron 20m

Gayle loan

Hendricks loan

Fernandez loan

I play a few old-school tactics

4-1-3-2 or 4-3-1-2 narrow possession tactics or 5-3-2 if I have fatigue and need to play second lines.   Jacob Murphy as a WB can be a life hack.

Guimaraes/Hayden/McGinn first line

Willock/Shelvey/Longstaff second line.

Burns is a goal machine, overload crosses in and he is a hand full on the air, Wilson is also a goal machine but better at through balls.

need a left back

• Subscriber

I seem to be nailing it with tactics this year. Dunno if it's just overplaying the game but I'm finding it quite easy to get the right formula. Happened at both Deportivo and now Terengganu.

Taking a break from FM, ended up having a shocker in Season 3 and sitting in the relegation places. Despite starting so well with Alta, we just went into freefall. To be totally honest I think I relied a bit too much on my scouts for signing new players, which was a mistake considering we're semi pro - the new players I brought seemed to all be pretty shite and take us backwards. 

Got pulled into the dreaded sacking meeting and agreed to resign.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm on mobile as it's much quicker than PC (albeit very stripped back).

Everyone else is on PC I think.

Might try it on the IPhone. 

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

PC. I need the full experience. 

Aye, historically i've only ever played it on PC. But i no longer own one as it was collecting dust. Only have a work laptop now. I've been needing an excuse to get one for a while.......

I'll test the mobile app version out first.

6 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Might try it on the IPhone. 

Aye, historically i've only ever played it on PC. But i no longer own one as it was collecting dust. Only have a work laptop now. I've been needing an excuse to get one for a while.......

I'll test the mobile app version out first.

The mobile version is decent but far too easy. It's what got me back into the full version though so worth a go.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived