talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
On 05/12/2023 at 23:52, Batard said:

Well this year has been quite something. My wife and I recently lost our 3rd baby during pregnancy, and had to give birth to our child at 22 weeks. Funeral is next week. I'm not sure I have the bandwidth for Mafia Wars this year sadly. 

So sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and your family during this tough time.

• Wow 1

• Administrator

Thanks all. 

Not the birthday or Christmas I imagined it to be. 

Had to take the little man to hospital (again) in the early hours which is the worst feeling. Eventually got back about 3pm. Sorted dinner and presents out which felt like we were getting back to normal. 

Then have to call an ambulance for the missus at about 9pm and she's there for 12 hours. 

What a fucking blast. 

• Sad 4

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Thanks all. 

Not the birthday or Christmas I imagined it to be. 

Had to take the little man to hospital (again) in the early hours which is the worst feeling. Eventually got back about 3pm. Sorted dinner and presents out which felt like we were getting back to normal. 

Then have to call an ambulance for the missus at about 9pm and she's there for 12 hours. 

What a fucking blast. 

Oh shit. Sorry to hear that. Everything okay with them now? 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Oh shit. Sorry to hear that. Everything okay with them now? 

Okay now but just very watchful and cautious now! Probably become very overprotective now! Just such a weird feeling roaming children's ward at hospital on Christmas day. It's a cliché but things definitely get put into perspective. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Stan said:

Okay now but just very watchful and cautious now! Probably become very overprotective now! Just such a weird feeling roaming children's ward at hospital on Christmas day. It's a cliché but things definitely get put into perspective. 

Glad all is fine Stan, will be thinking about you and your family, just to say this happened when our Denise was born and the wife got worried for no reason whatsoever because Denise would not stop crying and we ended up back into hospital just in case.

Everything was fine, though, and the midwife/nurse said we were just being over anxious as new parents, we stayed there for a wee while with the midwife, went through some procedures with her then headed home.

You and your wife will look back on this in years to come and will more than likely talk about it with your OTHER kiddies by then xD

I know when Darren was first born and was lying in his cot beside the wife and his uncle Vic bent down to have a good look at him and he peed right into his face, our son has talked about this many a time with his uncle Vic over e few beers in the pub.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

@CaaC (John) Any idea where this is in Scotland? Sounds similar to the white lady story.

I wouldnt have a clue what  he is talking or where about's, sounds just like some kind of ghost story or whatever, I know the guy is a TV presenter and author and once claimed the BBC heatwave story was a load of cobblers. O.o

False claims that heatwave is bogus spread online

• Wow 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For me it's not about being rattled, I just find it stupid. Why would you say "not for girls"...it's literally a fucking chocolate bar. xD It doesn't make sense. 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

For me it's not about being rattled, I just find it stupid. Why would you say "not for girls"...it's literally a fucking chocolate bar. xD It doesn't make sense. 

It was a different time. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Fuck, we have a power cut, no electric now for around 20 minutes, Lucky we have candles and torches 🤪😃

Like the good old days for you, although perhaps lanterns instead of torches :ph34r:

• Haha 1