talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Anyone tried out Instagram's Twitter competitor, Threads?

There's quite a few twitter competitors out there - I think Threads might have an advantage with being connected to Instagram. So I'm beginning to see why Musk wanted to challenge Zuckerburg to that fight!

• Subscriber

So in the middle of planning a trip to Italy, we are going to be there over the starting weekend of Seria A. Its looking like I can mix around where we want to go and end up in Milan for the weekend. How difficult is it to get tickets? does anyone have any experience? 

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Spike said:

My diet this last week has been the diet of a British northerner circa 1970. It’s bloody great.

My diet has been supping some whisky and trying to survive this bloody heat, I hate it, I was hoping to wake up, look out the flat window and see some of this...xD

Spoiler

DSC_0117.thumb.JPG.460222cc19b18c0450e506057dbc3a14.JPG

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

My diet has been supping some whisky and trying to survive this bloody heat, I hate it, I was hoping to wake up, look out the flat window and see some of this...xD

Reveal hidden contents

DSC_0117.thumb.JPG.460222cc19b18c0450e506057dbc3a14.JPG

It was bloody colder in Leeds than it was in Edinburgh. I asked some geezer ‘why is this bloody place so fucking hot and cold at the same time?’ Sweating and shivering at the same time when I was in Dunbar

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

It was bloody colder in Leeds than it was in Edinburgh. I asked some geezer ‘why is this bloody place so fucking hot and cold at the same time?’ Sweating and shivering at the same time when I was in Dunbar

Dunbar can be a wee bit nippy as it's near the sea, I worked up that way doing some security work many moons ago, here in Leith can be the same as its near the sea but Edinburgh town centre can be a hot house in summertime.

Lucky you are not in Dunbar atm, the weather there looks dodgy today. :D

DSC_0117.thumb.JPG.52962b0e840705632320f96f1a834d85.JPG

On 10/07/2023 at 11:10, CaaC (John) said:

Dunbar can be a wee bit nippy as it's near the sea, I worked up that way doing some security work many moons ago, here in Leith can be the same as its near the sea but Edinburgh town centre can be a hot house in summertime.

Lucky you are not in Dunbar atm, the weather there looks dodgy today. :D

DSC_0117.thumb.JPG.52962b0e840705632320f96f1a834d85.JPG

Looks like a portal opened up in Dunbar. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Spike said:

To enter you just have to quote one line of Rabbie Burns

great chieften o the puddin race aboon them ye take yer place!

I have a book of poems of the great Rabbie Burns...

A.thumb.png.b34464048cf07f0cbc05e015437363f6.png

To enter you just have to quote one line of Rabbie Burns, as you asked so I will quote you one of his greatest poems with your great, great, grandaddie Spikus the 3rd sitting in ye pub getting rat eyed on ye whisky. :drunk:

The Whistle - A Ballad

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.thumb.png.8629972bb06b1719464b067d2b236111.png

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I have a book of poems of the great Rabbie Burns...

A.thumb.png.b34464048cf07f0cbc05e015437363f6.png

To enter you just have to quote one line of Rabbie Burns, as you asked so I will quote you one of his greatest poems with your great, great, grandaddie Spikus the 3rd sitting in ye pub getting rat eyed on ye whisky. :drunk:

The Whistle - A Ballad

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.thumb.png.8629972bb06b1719464b067d2b236111.png

That’s a pretty cool book, especially that you got it for the 200th year of his life. I didn’t know anything about Burns till a few years back, he seems like the Scottish equivalent of Banjo Patterson. I just wish Banjo did an ode to lamingtons! My mother used to read me Patterson’s poems to me when I was very young, she had won the collected poems in a highschool competition.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Spike said:

That’s a pretty cool book, especially that you got it for the 200th year of his life. I didn’t know anything about Burns till a few years back, he seems like the Scottish equivalent of Banjo Patterson. I just wish Banjo did an ode to lamingtons! My mother used to read me Patterson’s poems to me when I was very young, she had won the collected poems in a highschool competition.

Got the book as a Christmas prezzie from our son I can't remember what year, as he knows I am a bit of a book worm, the book is an address book too but has chapters on his life plus a lot of his famous poems.

This morning at my local Aldi, an old man walked up to one of the bald employees and just said "No hair!" and the employee replied "Yea, I left them at home this morning." xD

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

This morning at my local Aldi, an old man walked up to one of the bald employees and just said "No hair!" and the employee replied "Yea, I left them at home this morning." xD

Shouldn't this be in the pubes thread?