talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So last week we had a Hello Fresh box delivered to my mum's, addressed to my ex. Told the delivery driver we hadn't ordered it but he said as it's fresh food he can't take it back and has to deliver to the address he's told. So I took it in. Knew my ex wouldn't come round for it and I have no way of contacting her so I used the meals. Thought she would have realised her error and changed the address. Anyway yesterday another Hello Fresh box is left on the doorstep 😂 Again she's not come around for it so I'm gonna use it again.

What would you do if another turns up next week? Should I be contacting the company to tell them of the error? The way I'm looking at it is it's her fuck up so don't really have to do anything. She will surely realise now though that she hasn't changed her address on her account now she's had two deliveries not turn up? 😂

• Administrator
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

So last week we had a Hello Fresh box delivered to my mum's, addressed to my ex. Told the delivery driver we hadn't ordered it but he said as it's fresh food he can't take it back and has to deliver to the address he's told. So I took it in. Knew my ex wouldn't come round for it and I have no way of contacting her so I used the meals. Thought she would have realised her error and changed the address. Anyway yesterday another Hello Fresh box is left on the doorstep 😂 Again she's not come around for it so I'm gonna use it again.

What would you do if another turns up next week? Should I be contacting the company to tell them of the error? The way I'm looking at it is it's her fuck up so don't really have to do anything. She will surely realise now though that she hasn't changed her address on her account now she's had two deliveries not turn up? 😂

Keep using them. Her error, she should take the responsibility to fix her own mistake. 

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Is she not picking up the fact she has had two failed deliveries?? You would have thought she might have checked it was going to the right address when they are telling her it's been delivered?? 

Who split with who from the previous relationship out of curiosity?? 

50 minutes ago, nudge said:

Pretty sure intentionally opening someone else's parcel is very much illegal and could have consequences. Just saying.

So what other options would I have apart from letting the food rot the in box? If I wasn't using it I'd need to open it to get the food out and put it in the food recycling anyway..

35 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Is she not picking up the fact she has had two failed deliveries?? You would have thought she might have checked it was going to the right address when they are telling her it's been delivered?? 

Who split with who from the previous relationship out of curiosity?? 

You'd have thought so wouldn't you.

This was the one that did the dirty on me last year, you may or may not recall. 

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

So what other options would I have apart from letting the food rot the in box? If I wasn't using it I'd need to open it to get the food out and put it in the food recycling anyway..

Yeah I understand that, and I honestly don't know a solution other than contacting the company and letting them know.  I just thought I'd post that in case you are dealing with a petty bitch who might be tempted to use that against you...

If you're petty too just let the food rot and then send it or bring it to her new address :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah I understand that, and I honestly don't know a solution other than contacting the company and letting them know.  I just thought I'd post that in case you are dealing with a petty bitch who might be tempted to use that against you...

If you're petty too just let the food rot and then send it or bring it to her new address :ph34r:

Haha I'd not thought about that scenario to be fair so something worth thinking about as I suppose she could do. I'll see what happens next week. It surely won't happen for a third week

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You'd have thought so wouldn't you.

This was the one that did the dirty on me last year, you may or may not recall. 

Ah yes.... I think that although @nudge is correct about it being illegal to open someone's parcel/mail etc.. I would on this or any other occasion for that matter enjoy the food while it lasts.. xD At some point she will twig what is going on and try and give you some earache about it if she suspects you of scoffing her goodies and maybe even threaten all sorts as angry women do but just tell her you gave it to the poor starving foxes... She won't believe you but it's what she can prove which will be fuck all!! B|

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Ah yes.... I think that although @nudge is correct about it being illegal to open someone's parcel/mail etc.. I would on this or any other occasion for that matter enjoy the food while it lasts.. xD At some point she will twig what is going on and try and give you some earache about it if she suspects you of scoffing her goodies and maybe even threaten all sorts as angry women do but just tell her you gave it to the poor starving foxes... She won't believe you but it's what she can prove which will be fuck all!! B|

Haha xD cheers everyone

Update on the Hello Fresh thing. Another one has turned up today (didn't think she was that stupid) I've contacted the company and they've basically said she needs to get in touch to change the address or get the deliveries stopped. Not much I can do then... 😂

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Update on the Hello Fresh thing. Another one has turned up today (didn't think she was that stupid) I've contacted the company and they've basically said she needs to get in touch to change the address or get the deliveries stopped. Not much I can do then... 😂

Maybe that's her way to apologise to you... xD 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Send her a message saying she could have at least sent you some Gusto instead

1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah, it's actually easier than it looks mate.

I obviously didn't make the drum/reel itself as they come with cable on them originally(i wouldn't have minded that cable left on it to be honest 🥷). But everything else was all done by hand.

Nice work.. How long has that taken??

• Subscriber

Kevin Bacon once bought an abandoned house and was forced to tear it down because it was 'haunted'

Kevin Bacon has opened up about his creepiest experience with buying a property after someone refused to sell him some land unless he tore down the 'haunted' house that was on it.

The Hollywood star, 65, revealed he bought the property back in 1983 but the previous owner almost didn't sell it to him unless he promised to comply with some very unusual requirements.

Speaking on Rob Lowe's Literally podcast, the Footloose star revealed that he had been buying parcels of land across a few years in the hopes of one day owning a horse, but one sale came with some creepy conditions.

He explained: "One of the pieces that we bought had an old house in it and [the owner] didn’t want me to own the house. It was an abandoned house that he had grown up in."

He continued: "We kind of went back and forth on it for a while and then, eventually, I said, 'Listen, you can't sell me a piece of land but not sell me the house that’s on it. Like, that's just weird. What if you sell it and there's somebody that’s just living, basically, right up in the backyard?'"

At this point, the owner finally revealed exactly why he didn't want Kevin to have the house that lay on the property, as he believed it was haunted and worried that he would "get possessed" or that an entity would "do some serious damage" to the young actor.

That's quite the bombshell to hear, but weirdly enough it didn't actually put Kevin off wanting to buy the land in Connecticut regardless.

Spoiler

He and the owner came to an agreement that if Kevin buys the property, he must destroy the old house within a month of owning it, which he agreed to do.

Rob asked Kevin if he'd ever been tempted to "spend a night" in the abandoned house before tearing it down, but Kevin revealed that he never had.

"Not only did I not do that, but I went up there and there were some beautiful old pine boards and a banister and I said to [my wife] Kyra [Sedgwick], 'We’ve gotta take those out'", he revealed. "And she's like, 'No you're not. You're not putting those f***king things in our house.'"

Kevin explained that the previous owner had believed the house was haunted as she claimed a Native American had been murdered on the site by a colonial soldier in the 1700s and had even called out professional ghosthunters to try and help the spirit move on.

And while that might be enough to have anyone else running for the hills, Kevin revealed that he has never yet seen a ghost himself - but hopes that one day he might.

Whatever floats your boat, Kevin, but we'd have pulled out of that purchase right at the start if we thought it came with ghosts.

https://vt.co/entertainment/kevin-bacon-haunted-house-torn-down?utm_source=vt&utm_medium=story&fbclid=IwAR0BUOacmhMZdDc8NM6fIz_lcFO4tq6rYkhEDcoc7ULP9q1x2uQiWgbK0gA