talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Football tomorrow, sod all Sunday, maybe some shopping and drinking on Monday and got a day off Tuesday because I fancied it. Will likely do sod all.

I do this with my annual leave allowance from work. It's quite generous so my girlfriend and family always ask why am I taking a certain day or 2 off. 

Because I can!

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I do this with my annual leave allowance from work. It's quite generous so my girlfriend and family always ask why am I taking a certain day or 2 off. 

Because I can!

Think of the traveling round Europe you could do!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Weekend break eaaaasy, take a Friday and Monday off and you have enough time away. Bank holidays even better, 5 days off!

oh i thought you meant like 6 month travelling properly across Europe.

I already do the long weekend thing :D. Madrid 4-day weekend planned in October. 

Just now, Stan said:

oh i thought you meant like 6 month travelling properly across Europe.

I already do the long weekend thing :D. Madrid 4-day weekend planned in October. 

Haha no, but holidays are far too precious to give up for a day on the sofa!

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Haha no, but holidays are far too precious to give up for a day on the sofa!

sometimes I do enjoy that just chilling though. Work can get ridiculously busy and if timed right, a weekend just lazing around watching some boxsets or series marathons on TV/Netflix is just right.

Just now, Cannabis said:

I've never once taken a day off as holiday just to sit at home, each to their own but I just don't see the point? I'd rather book holidays off for actually getting out of the country.

I am doing just that... been busy around the house/garden and at work while my boss took 3 weeks off to sun himself up so this week I am just lolling around catching up on footy/films and whatever else I fancy doing.. People often ask what I do on my holidays and I just tell them 'the least amount possible' 

Only days I have taken off are due to being sick... minus a couple when in Japan where I used them to make a long weekend once or twice (almost impossible to take sick days lol).

What entitlements(paid holidays, sick/personal days) do you get in the Uk for let's say a standard full time position? If too broad, take @Stan's job for example?

3 minutes ago, Anton said:

Only days I have taken off are due to being sick... minus a couple when in Japan where I used them to make a long weekend once or twice (almost impossible to take sick days lol).

What entitlements(paid holidays, sick/personal days) do you get in the Uk for let's say a standard full time position? If too broad, take @Stan's job for example?

Our job gives you 25 days holiday and 14 days sick entitlement. That's a shit lot considering we work 4 on and 4 off on top of that. I think I only worked 14 days total in April for example the rest was time off due to how the shift patterns fall.. 

I still have 9.5 days holiday still to take before December

• Administrator

I get 30 days annual leave excluding bank holidays. Can carry over a maximum of 5 to the next year. Every 2 years you work you get an extra day allowance. Maximum of 35 days though. 

20 hours ago, Anton said:

As I've worked 10+ years in the NHS (cue many roll eyes and being called a thieving cunt), I have 33 days annual leave, sick pay as full for 6 months (reduced to half for a further 6 months) and 6 days flexi allowance.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

As I've worked 10+ years in the NHS (cue many roll eyes and being called a thieving cunt), I have 33 days annual leave, sick pay as full for 6 months (reduced to half for a further 6 months) and 6 days flexi allowance.

You thieving sheep-shaggin cunt! 9_99_99_99_9

• Administrator

my day today:

Watch England v Windies til 1pm

F1 for about half hour

Watch the SUPER SUNDAY West Brom/Stoke game

Cook something.

Watch Liverpool vs Arsenal

Bit more cricket.

Watch AC Milan/Cagliari or Napoli/Atalanta

Watch Real Madrid vs Valencia.

Sleep.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fixed. After watching cricket, you'll fall asleep before watching football. 

the cricket's been entertaining! It's West Brom vs Stoke which is sending me to sleep...