talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ole Gunner Solskjaer Leaves Man Utd

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn’t they wait till the Monday to sack Mourinho because it tied in with a stock exchange opening and they needed to tell them, or some modern football bullshit along those lines? 

They could have sacked him after getting beat by Liverpool but waited six days for the Tottenham game, which temporarily kept him in a job and meant they potentially missed out on Antonio Conte, who joined Spurs then seemingly sat around for two weeks during the international break to then sack him straight after. The lack of strategy starts at the top but it shouldn’t be forgotten that Solskjaer is out of his depth and taken United as far as he could. 

I’m not happy. That’s just fucking stupid and  completely the wrong words to use. I wanted Solksjaer to succeed more than any other manager we’ve had since Ferguson. He initially steadied the ship and got rid of some dead wood. He brought that feel good factor back. It wasn’t all doom and gloom till the final 6 months. 

All this talk that he should have resigned is bollocks as well. Show me one manager that’s resigned due to results rather than other issues that made them fall on their swords. Every single fan would take that 7.5million pay off. It was the clubs fault that they gave him a new contract over summer and didn’t sack him after Liverpool, thus giving us 3 weeks before the international break. 

Solksjaer isn’t what was wrong with Manchester United. He’s simply part of the wider issue. A man in a position where he has fuck all clue what to do. Just like the owners. And the CEO. 

I guess with Ed Woodward resigning following the Super League debacle at the end of the year the plan was to keep Ole in until a new Vice-Chairman arrives for stability purposes. Once Ed Woodward advised The Glaziers he was leaving he should have been replaced at the end of the season as opposed to the end of the year. The situation they've got themselves in for a club of this size now is absolutely dire.

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I guess with Ed Woodward resigning following the Super League debacle at the end of the year the plan was to keep Ole in until a new Vice-Chairman arrives for stability purposes. Once Ed Woodward advised The Glaziers he was leaving he should have been replaced at the end of the season as opposed to the end of the year. The situation they've got themselves in for a club of this size now is absolutely dire.

Woodward is staying on as a consultant too, which is absolute madness.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Nobody decent wants it

Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59364319?fbclid=IwAR1K5Jt8wfLiBNPbYVIx6hBGGXtaCAHlrqKJugFnv4O56YF88GdxIaRpAbM

Technical director Darren Fletcher is set to take over for Tuesday's Champions League trip to Villarreal.

It is possible first-team coach Michael Carrick could remain at Old Trafford despite being part of a management team responsible for a terrible run of results during which United have won just four of their past 13 games and two of their past eight.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Woodward is staying on as a consultant too, which is absolute madness.

That bastard along with the Glazers should have been gone ages ago, a lot of United's problems centre around them bloody clowns not all on Solskjaer's, they were all slapping him on the back when he took over on a temporary basis and had that good run of results then offered him a contract.

Found on Twitter:

“Ronaldo joined Madrid, Mourinho got fired. Ronaldo joined Juventus, Sarri, Allegri and Pirlo got fired. Ronaldo returned to United and Ole just got fired. Don’t look at me like that, these are facts.”

7 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

That bastard along with the Glazers should have been gone ages ago, a lot of United's problems centre around them bloody clowns not all on Solskjaer's, they were all slapping him on the back when he took over on a temporary basis and had that good run of results then offered him a contract.

Any pics of the father?

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

What about the massive conspiracy though? Did we stop paying referees and the league? 

I don't know. I think Solskjaer would blame a certain manager for pointing out that United were getting penalties for things like your own player standing on the opposition's leg and throwing himself to the floor.

Archived