• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ole Gunner Solskjaer Leaves Man Utd

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
20 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward could delay his departure from the club to oversee the appointment of an interim and then long-term replacement for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

That guy is like a pain in the arse that just won't go away :40_rage:

11 hours ago, Dan said:

This entire reign has really signalled how far they've fallen. His next job will be quite telling - you wouldn't believe one of the biggest clubs in the world, probably the biggest in England would've persisted with somebody so blatantly out of their depth for nearly three years, and let the likes of Tuchel and Conte go elsewhere.

Baffling to me. He's a total fraud and we all know it now.

Took everyone 7 years to find that out. 🤨

Solskjaer saying trophies aren't the be all and end all, Neville saying he bought the soul back, Bruce saying he wants his job because of stability (losing all the time under the same person) and the media taking it somewhat seriously...how far has this club fallen?

They're so obsessed with their imaginary "DNA", that actually winning is about twentieth down the list and these are people who played for United when they were serious winners. 

Embarassing.

On 22/11/2021 at 00:30, Bluewolf said:

A lot of clubs make that mistake though don't they?? Leicester are another recent example of getting carried away with one decent season and thinking that it will always be that way or better for the next 5 years... Rodgers did well initially but it's all gone tits up for him there now and they are sitting mid-table in awful form... Same with Solskjaer, He had a decent season then they rushed in with a bigger contract which they are having to pay for now to crowbar him out... 

Something has gone horribly wrong this season in that dressing room because he had them playing pretty well last season.. It's possible that Ronaldo's dream return that was supposed to be the icing on the cake for what was some good summer business has maybe added a personality that is causing problems... He may be a great player but if United and not Solskjaer brought him in then he has had to deal with any possible baggage that comes with it... 

Interesting theory. I suspect buying Ronaldo was a legacy preservation thing, initiated by the business post of the club and them not wanting to see him lining up at the Etihad and banging in goals in blue. 

But by most accounts Ronaldo is a reserved professional, hard working and super committed

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Interesting theory. I suspect buying Ronaldo was a legacy preservation thing, initiated by the business post of the club and them not wanting to see him lining up at the Etihad and banging in goals in blue. 

But by most accounts Ronaldo is a reserved professional, hard working and super committed

Did City really want him? There was talk they were never even interested in Maguire and Sanchez.

45 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not doubting his commitment to the cause, You only need to look at his playing career to see the bloke just lives for the sport and drives himself constantly.. He is blessed with skill and passion.. Personally I am not a fan but that's beside the point.. My theory is that he is such a big personality who is probably pretty demanding performance wise that his team mates are simply unable to raise their game to his levels and that must be causing problems in the dressing room...

When you get performances like they did against Liverpool and Watford for example I can't believe he just sits quietly in the corner of the dressing room without a word to say on the matter, his on pitch body language and expressions when the team are collapsing like that are probably only half the story.. I suspect, and it's only a theory mind that with him being such a huge personality that you have unleashed a very vocal and driven voice that is maybe drowning out the boss and maybe some of the players are not taking kindly to it and the dressing has become a little divided.

Ronaldo needs to remember that he is playing for a side that has some decent players but they are not world class ones and they will never be able to reach the performance levels he does or indeed expects.. If Ronaldo was indeed a purchase for United and not for Solskjaer then he has the added problem of being forced to shoe horn him to the side even if he was never in the 'vision' of how Solskjaer saw the team being laid out this season.. 

I actually think it was too soon to be bringing such a big name back to the club but a difficult one to miss out on... 

On 21/11/2021 at 02:43, LFCMike said:

Nobody decent wants it

Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season.

I think this is funny.

Carrick's the interim manager for the next interim manager. He's the interim interim manager.

If he gets sick and misses a match and someone has to fill in, they're the interim interim interim manager.

Blows my mind that Conte actually wanted the job, campaigned for it but apparently United showed no interest, United end up getting Spurs to sack Nuno and appoint Conte, and then sack Ole AFTER the international break to announce that they've sacked their manager... but don't really have any concrete plans other than they're looking for an interim manager.

And have appointed an interim manager while they look for their interim manager.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Took everyone 7 years to find that out. 🤨

Not all of us :D

I never understood him getting it permanently. He was the righr man as an interim but they gave him the permanent job at a really weird time.

The absolute banter that Manchester United is phenomenal, like, my club is an utter car crash but this is exceptional. I've been glued to MUFC social media ever since Ole started getting in trouble and it's been golden. 

Hiring Bruce would stain my carpet in a mix of tears from laughing and jizz.

38 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

The absolute banter that Manchester United is phenomenal, like, my club is an utter car crash but this is exceptional. I've been glued to MUFC social media ever since Ole started getting in trouble and it's been golden. 

Hiring Bruce would stain my carpet in a mix of tears from laughing and jizz.

If there's a god, we're owed at least 23 more years of rudderless United.

I just seen this farewell interview with MUTV. I know he’s a legend and the club loves him BUT that was embarrassing. He’s just been given the sack because Utd deemed him too shit to continue. Wheeling him out in front of the camera to big him up was pathetic. Can’t believe Ole agreed to it, made himself look a right tithead. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I just seen this farewell interview with MUTV. I know he’s a legend and the club loves him BUT that was embarrassing. He’s just been given the sack because Utd deemed him too shit to continue. Wheeling him out in front of the camera to big him up was pathetic. Can’t believe Ole agreed to it, made himself look a right tithead. 

Was as if he'd just been evicted from the Big Brother house

• Subscriber

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/12475619/merson-says-ronaldo-signing-messed-up-oles-plan

"Then, just before the season starts, he gets given Ronaldo. I think he's thrown it all out of the window. From day one, they're not a better team with Ronaldo in it.

You don't go 29 games unbeaten away without playing a certain way, and bringing Sancho in gave them another weapon to play that way. With Ronaldo up there, you don't have that weapon to play on the counter-attack any more. And Bruno Fernandes was their best player last season - he's hardly had a touch this season!"

Not entirely sure I agree with what's being said there even if there's some element of truth in it. Yeah you don't get the tracking back but they knew this before they went and got him didn't they?

Archived