talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ole Gunner Solskjaer Leaves Man Utd

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Leicester are another recent example of getting carried away with one decent season and thinking that it will always be that way or better for the next 5 years

Is this an intentional dig or what?

How did we get carried away with one decent season?

Or is this just the attitude of a 'top six' club throwing toys out of their pram when a smaller club crashes the party?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why’s he a prick? Other than the fact he’s a Manchester United legend… he seems like a nice guy.

Didn't he have a hand in some sexual assault/rape scandal when he was in Norway?

(as in not him, but he helped get a player off for doing it? I might be totally wrong).

Just now, Stan said:

Is this an intentional dig or what?

How did we get carried away with one decent season?

Or is this just the attitude of a 'top six' club throwing toys out of their pram when a smaller club crashes the party?

That sounds pretty arsy... 

I think you are completely missing the point of what was said.... Nobody is having a dig at anybody here.. 

It's a fact that most clubs ( not just Leicester ) after a bit of short term success tend to rush in and offer long or longer term term contracts to managers that may not have proven themselves to be able to achieve in the long term.. The reason I mentioned Rodgers was because didn't Leicester offer him a long term contract after 1 season of fairly decent success and to stave off interest from another club who had just lost their manager?? ( who it was I don't recall at this moment in time??  ) 

My point is that with new managers they should be allowed to see their existing contract out ( or nearly running out ) before deciding if they want to tie that person down to something more long term.. I do think that clubs should stick with managers through that period and give them the backing to make progress relative to their size as a club as they did with Solskjaer. Nobody can say they didn't throw their weight behind him getting in players but tying him down to such a long term deal after 1 season of decent success has cost them shit loads but that's up to them isn't it?? I just think that long term contracts can sometimes be short term thinking... 

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

Didn't he have a hand in some sexual assault/rape scandal when he was in Norway?

(as in not him, but he helped get a player off for doing it? I might be totally wrong).

Oh that’s the first I’d ever heard of that

Rooney fancies it, the interim I’m guessing, which, for him at least, is a good get-out of Derby. Derby are very likely to go down and while they’ve been handed points deductions, it’s still not a good thing to have on your CV at your first job, even if you are Wayne Rooney. United provides him a “free hit” for six months and either a job on the coaching staff there or a good chance of getting another decent job at a reasonably big club. 

Just flicked through a few of the players Instagram accounts to read their goodluck messages to Ole.

I hate it, the guy is a complete legend and these overpaid pricks hung him out to dry in his last few weeks. Fair enough the change needed to be made but I'm certain we've seen another case of players not giving their all in the hope of a change being made.

Ultimately the money spent in the summer only went some way of strengthing the team in the correct areas. Varane was needed but Sancho and Ronaldo weren't essential signings and basically meant we didn't sign the midfielder this team needed.

If he'd have got a midfielder I think he'd still be in the job now.

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Rooney fancies it, the interim I’m guessing, which, for him at least, is a good get-out of Derby. Derby are very likely to go down and while they’ve been handed points deductions, it’s still not a good thing to have on your CV at your first job, even if you are Wayne Rooney. United provides him a “free hit” for six months and either a job on the coaching staff there or a good chance of getting another decent job at a reasonably big club. 

We can't go down that road again, what if he does really well. 

We can't have a situation where an unqualified ex player gets the job again.

6 minutes ago, Devil said:

We can't go down that road again, what if he does really well. 

We can't have a situation where an unqualified ex player gets the job again.

What’s really well in any instance? Twelve points behind the league leaders, six behind the top four, comfortably behind at least a handful of teams currently in the two of their respective Champions League groups, out of the League Cup before the clocks changed. So a top four finish and an FA Cup win is, let’s be honest, the “really well”. 

If United are strict and lay it out now that the job is strictly till the end of the season and they will appoint a new manager, I think you avoid that but I don’t think interim managers are the way to go anyway but that’s another issue. 

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

What’s really well in any instance? Twelve points behind the league leaders, six behind the top four, comfortably behind at least a handful of teams currently in the two of their respective Champions League groups, out of the League Cup before the clocks changed. So a top four finish and an FA Cup win is, let’s be honest, the “really well”. 

If United are strict and lay it out now that the job is strictly till the end of the season and they will appoint a new manager, I think you avoid that but I don’t think interim managers are the way to go anyway but that’s another issue. 

I don't think Rooney would be considered but if he did get it and he managed to get top four and the FA Cup it would pretty much impossible to not give him the job.

That's why I wouldn't go down the interm manager route, you could end up giving yourself a major headache come May.

17 minutes ago, Devil said:

I don't think Rooney would be considered but if he did get it and he managed to get top four and the FA Cup it would pretty much impossible to not give him the job.

That's why I wouldn't go down the interm manager route, you could end up giving yourself a major headache come May.

Sorry, but the club surely need to have a long term plan in place if you’re wanting to get anywhere.

Seems like Poch is your target in the summer. By all means bring in Rooney for the next six months. But regardless of whether he gets you too four or not, you cannot stick with him as head coach. Get him on the coaching team but working under a proven manager. 

That is what you should do as a club, but since I don’t give a fuck, I hope you give Rooney a five year deal in May. 

55 minutes ago, Devil said:

If you remove emotional attachment, it really shouldn't be an issue at all. 

We won the European Cup and FA Cup under DiMatteo by relying on defensive tactics and squeesing every last ounce of the old guard (Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba). In no way was DiMatteo qualified for the job as the team needed a massive rebuild, but it was given to him. 

Even when Ole was first appointed and you lot had that spell of good results, you could clearly see the football wasn't sustainable. It didn't help when you have big personalities like Gary Neville praising him and Rio Ferdinand acting like an absolute whopper with his "Ole is at the wheel" bollocks. Scholes was genuinely the only one who looked at the football instead of the results. 

You and I had this same discussion a few months ago that Ole at best could steer the ship as his handling of the United players seemed to have a positive affect. But he can only rely on individual brilliance for so long when up against Europe's best, and this season has become evident he hasn't a clue anymore. 

• Subscriber

This entire reign has really signalled how far they've fallen. His next job will be quite telling - you wouldn't believe one of the biggest clubs in the world, probably the biggest in England would've persisted with somebody so blatantly out of their depth for nearly three years, and let the likes of Tuchel and Conte go elsewhere.

Baffling to me. He's a total fraud and we all know it now.

Ole looks happy its over. He seems like a nice guy. Moaned about referee decisions abit much for me but hopefully he can find a job he can do and carry on with his career 

Archived