talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ole Gunner Solskjaer Leaves Man Utd

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I don't know. I think Solskjaer would blame a certain manager for pointing out that United were getting penalties for things like your own player standing on the opposition's leg and throwing himself to the floor.

So one penalty then? We’ve been through this before. Most of the stonewall penalties got lumped in with a couple of dodgy ones. It’s almost like several top teams have never had decisions go for them.

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

It was the clubs fault that they gave him a new contract over summer and didn’t sack him after Liverpool,

A lot of clubs make that mistake though don't they?? Leicester are another recent example of getting carried away with one decent season and thinking that it will always be that way or better for the next 5 years... Rodgers did well initially but it's all gone tits up for him there now and they are sitting mid-table in awful form... Same with Solskjaer, He had a decent season then they rushed in with a bigger contract which they are having to pay for now to crowbar him out... 

Something has gone horribly wrong this season in that dressing room because he had them playing pretty well last season.. It's possible that Ronaldo's dream return that was supposed to be the icing on the cake for what was some good summer business has maybe added a personality that is causing problems... He may be a great player but if United and not Solskjaer brought him in then he has had to deal with any possible baggage that comes with it... 

37 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

So one penalty then? We’ve been through this before. Most of the stonewall penalties got lumped in with a couple of dodgy ones. It’s almost like several top teams have never had decisions go for them.

It was one example off the top of my head. There were defo a lot more soft ones which is backed up by you only getting one so far this season when the bar on what is deemed a foul in the area has been raised.

30 minutes ago, Batard said:

Zidane's family won't relocate to England. This is common knowledge across France. 

Hopefully utd get paul Scholes in 

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

You'd imagine they've already found someone to replace him because they went along with the losses they were getting this whole time why do it now? 

If my prediction is correct I expect them to make an announcement on the new manager by mid week... :ph34r:

If I was Harry Maguire, captain of the club, giving it the big one whilst on England duty recently and then reverting to shite back at his club, I'd personally come out and apologise for chucking in such shambolic performances because he should take as much blame as Solskjaer, being the leader in the changing room.

Honestly, half those players are cowards and need to stop hiding behind Solskjaer because they have equally been let downs. Big players too like Shaw, Bruno, Pogba etc.

You could count on one hand, probably the one player who deserves regular credit and that's been De Gea simply because he's been so exposed and had plenty of practice.

I feel bad for Solskjaer, nice guy but he was never the answer, ever. They should have got Pochettino when they had the chance as it was clear he was the man that would fit like a glove there.

54 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

Good. Solskjaer is a prick and I'm glad he's been humiliated.

Feel for Untied fans thought. It was obvious he was never the one and the board's total incompetence has meant this season might be somewhat of a write-off.

Why’s he a prick? Other than the fact he’s a Manchester United legend… he seems like a nice guy.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why’s he a prick? Other than the fact he’s a Manchester United legend… he seems like a nice guy.

I was gonna say the same. 

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

What about the massive conspiracy though? Did we stop paying referees and the league? 

Is it a massive conspiracy though? The season before Ole came in (which is a weird way of looking at it, cos he was interim manager midseason... but still, using the season before that) - United only had 3 penalties.

And for some reason for a long while United were winning an abnormal amount of penalties, for whatever reason (it's definitely not paying referees and the league - because of what I'll say later) despite not being in the top 3 sides in the league at the time with touches/dribbles in the box.

Personally, I think United don't pay refs or that there's some grand conspiracy (although I think Anthony Taylor is a United fan, because literally all his family is - but that's more a question for the FA to deal with than United). I think the refs are just not great and the learning curve for officials that are not that good with VAR has also been frustrating and laughable. I don't dispute that probably 99% of your penalties in that time were legit - I actually think a lot of sides were robbed of stonewall penalties by inconsistent referees.

But getting that many penalties despite other teams having far more touches in the box is just/dribbles not sustainable. Given that the FA's said "don't give penalties as easily as last season" and the general inconsistencies of the officials in England - it was only a matter of time before penalties dry up.

And this season you've been more crap than normal, imo, so you're getting into the box less. Given Ole's dogshit brand of football + a source of goals drying up (because relying on penalties is simply not sustainable)... it's not surprised you've struggled more this season.

Can Carrick get United playing a less shit brand of football - because the gameplan for United this season should be "feed Cristiano Ronaldo the fucking ball" and have him try to salvage the season as much as possible.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He thinks it's fair game to question how a player was raised by his parents because he didn't like that the player stayed down after a challenge when his players did exactly the same thing.

Fortunately, Son is too classy to demand an apology but it really showed Saint Ole up.

• Subscriber

Zidane would be no good at United, he is another Jose, a drifter, he would have stayed for a wee while then leave, he did it twice at Real.

Erik ten Hag would be nice but any manager who would manage United nowadays would have the onus of Woodward and the Glazers breathing down his neck and they would put anybody off of the job, they are just money moguls and their bank balance is more important than OT which is falling apart but the Glazers won't dip their greasy fucking hands in their pockets to up-date OT.

Archived