talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 1-1 Man Utd - Sunday 28th November, 2021

football forum

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the old days Timo Werner would have been the strike partner of the real goal threat. And people would have talked up about what else he brings to the team. The vision. The runs that pull defences out of place. The link up play. Some still try to. But for me, it is 2021 & every player in a front 3 of midfield 3 in any half serious team should be claiming those type qualities.

Not too fussed as I was fully expecting us to drop points.

This team has a chronic mental block against United. Going to be 4 years now since we've last beaten them in the league. 8 years since we've beaten them at Old Trafford. Individual errors and rattled performances have become an inevitability I've now learned to accept. 

What did surprise me was Tuchel. Starting Werner in a game even my dog knew he wasn't suited for. Add the bizarre late substitutions it really was a poor showing of game management. 

Either way, we move on. Expecting this is where we drop off to third now that Lukaku and Werner are fit and will be shoehorned into the team. 

• The title was changed to Chelsea 1-1 Man Utd - Sunday 28th November, 2021
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Quite obviously Carrick. He’s the Interim Manager.

I thought it was rangnick? Or is he going to be the interim and Carrick is the interim interim?O.o

This is why man city's strength in depth is so important. Chelsea loose lukaku they struggle, liverpool loose Salah they struggle, man city loose de bruyne and foden they still win. Ok maybe they loose both they struggle but you know what I mean. City arent reliant on any one player. 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Last time we beat United at home Conte was our manager and Morata was our ST. 

Last time we beat United at Old Trafford Rafa Benitez was our manager and Juan Mata was our #10. 

Last time you beat United at home Lukaku was playing for them.

@Bluewolf @Cicero do you guys have another striker apart from Werner and lukaku? I can understand tuchel wanting to play with a striker than without one even if it was Werner. I mean you didnt win but you dont know how you would have done if you hadn't started with a striker 

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

This is why man city's strength in depth is so important. Chelsea loose lukaku they struggle, liverpool loose Salah they struggle, man city loose de bruyne and foden they still win. Ok maybe they loose both they struggle but you know what I mean. City arent reliant on any one player. 

How can you say that though when they coped fine without him for the past 7/8 games?

I get your point on Man City but Chelsea have been smashing goals in and looking better without Lukaku.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

How can you say that though when they coped fine without him for the past 7/8 games?

I get your point on Man City but Chelsea have been smashing goals in and looking better without Lukaku.

We have 17 different scorers in the side currently which I am told is a record prior to Christmas from what the commentators were saying during the Juventus game... It's obviously good that we can have that in the side 

After we scored we started looking dangerous on the counter with Rashford and Sancho. Soon as Ronaldo came on that counter attacking threat vanished. He makes no effort to close anyone down. Not sure how that'll go with the new manager. 

3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

He makes no effort to close anyone down

I was pretty miffed about Jorginho when he had his slippy G moment and made zero effort to try and recover his mistake.. I appreciate the bloke is not blessed with pace but having fucked up you might have thought he would put the effort in to rectify it... he just stood there while they had a free run at goal.. 

30 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I got the impression they were struggling without him from what was said on here. I've lost a  bit of touch with football this season. Guess I was wrong 

37 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think not.... xD

Did you not see our results without either him or Werner playing??? 

Obviously  not 😂 do you have another striker?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived