• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

GTA VI

football forum

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

They tend to change each game, though you might get a reference or appearance.

Was thinking of GTA5 ending. What if Devin Weston doesn't die when pushed off the cliff?

5 hours ago, MUFC said:

Will Franklin be in it? Or have the GTA5 lot retired on a beach?

What will the story be?

I bet some tangential character from 5 will make an appearance. One of those American-Irish gangsters in 4 makes an appearance as someone you can use in heists in 5 (and there’s a few mentions of Niko, the main character in 4).

Honestly really looking forward to the next one. I’m a big fan of all the ones I’ve played. It’s been a while since I’ve played one too.

I should replay 5 when I get a bit bored of Halo.

• Subscriber

Did you all enjoy the multiple character angle storymode on GTAV? I found it okay but i'd much rather just have one character. And as Cannabis says, i hope that they don't force online gameplay into the single player storyline. These games are all time greats because of the single player timeless storylines.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
11 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Because they threw all their eggs into the online basket. Fucking hate multiplayer. Just emerge me in single player.

It's weird to me, they achieved incredible success with their singleplayer titles: GTA 3, 4, RDR... and then GTA 5 and it's multiplayer came out. Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoyed 5 and RDR2 - they're very well made games. But it does become a bit shit seeing how much focus they put on multiplayer... and honestly, I think as multiplayer games go, the Rockstar ones are really not that entertaining.

But it makes them a huge amount of money so I get why they do it. I just don't get why the multiplayer component of these games is preferred by enough people to make it that much money... especially when they're some of the best single player games around.

• Subscriber

So apparently, they caught the guy in London and now everyone is saying he's a teen (17) and should be let go. But here's the thing, he threatened Rockstar stating that he'd let out more footage if they didn't meet with his demands. Hacking laws need to be amended to take minors into account and I hope he ends up paying millions. Not because Rockstar's game went out but because he has inadvertently fucked an entire group of developers who will now be burning all kinds of hours to sort this out when they shouldn't have to, even if their game is shit. 

On 20/09/2022 at 15:31, DeadLinesman said:

Because they threw all their eggs into the online basket. Fucking hate multiplayer. Just emerge me in single player.

Multiplayer games must be some kind of sinecures so gaming is shifting towards it, at least the AAA industry.

On 21/09/2022 at 03:28, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's weird to me, they achieved incredible success with their singleplayer titles: GTA 3, 4, RDR... and then GTA 5 and it's multiplayer came out. Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoyed 5 and RDR2 - they're very well made games. But it does become a bit shit seeing how much focus they put on multiplayer... and honestly, I think as multiplayer games go, the Rockstar ones are really not that entertaining.

But it makes them a huge amount of money so I get why they do it. I just don't get why the multiplayer component of these games is preferred by enough people to make it that much money... especially when they're some of the best single player games around.

I think it has more to do with less expenditure in in-house development than people's preference. @Mel81x might know better but there are a lot of third party software licenses required to make a proper AAA open world game.

47 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Multiplayer games must be some kind of sinecures so gaming is shifting towards it, at least the AAA industry.

Sad times. Nothing better than submerging yourself in a story. Multiplayer has made the industry multimillions, but extremely lazy at the same time.

Archived