talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Relegation Battle 2022

17 minutes ago, Coma said:

Best coach and best squad is Bremen.  If I had to put money down it would be on them.  The other team to go up automatically is a toss up.  Last season Fürth went up in 2nd but I didn't feel like they were the 2nd best team in the league.  I think something similar will happen again this year.

I'm not a fan of Schalke so I hope they don't go up.  I'd like to see St. Pauli get rewarded and I wouldn't mind Nürnberg or Darmstadt either.

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

That was one of the worst days of my life

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just seen Cornet's miss from the weekend as well. What is he thinking?!

Probably wondering where he's off to when we get relegated. Apparently there's a clause in his contract that we gotta sell for same price we paid. True or not he be going. The miss is pathetic 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Probably wondering where he's off to when we get relegated. Apparently there's a clause in his contract that we gotta sell for same price we paid. True or not he be going. The miss is pathetic 

How much did you get him for?

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

How much of a useless lump is that Wieghorst though? Honestly, absolute carthorse and I'm speaking passionately as a guy who definitely did bring him into his fantasy football team 4 games a go only to see him do fuck all.

He was easily Burnley's most threatening player when we last played them... but he had no composure in front of goal and had a hard time staying onside.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He was easily Burnley's most threatening player when we last played them... but he had no composure in front of goal and had a hard time staying onside.

Lads got the quality. But his focus goes and like you said awful for going offside. Won't be our worry next season because he'll go 👋 👍👍

Vydra will score goals in the championship for us if we go down 

Dwight Mcneil comes with a big reputation but he's been awful this season 🧐🥴 zero goals. 1 assist. Another who thinks he doesn't need to work off the ball too. Easy to defend against. 

• Administrator

Cornet is someone I reckon could do well with a decent bit of coaching. He scored some decent goals at the start of the season. Two against us I believe.

4 hours ago, Coma said:

Weghorst isn't the same player he was last season.  Scored something like 15-18 goals for Wolfsburg if I recall and was always a threat in the box.  It's almost like he's lost a step or something this season.  Was largely invisible on the pitch in the Bundesliga and wasn't exactly lighting it up when Burnley went it for him so I'd say Wolfsburg won that transfer deal.

The Premier League is much faster and demanding than the Bundesliga.  The high tempo and press is difficult to deal with.   Weghorst is getting hustled and he can't deal with the high work rate needed.   It is why I fear for City gambling on Haaland.  

52 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He also had a good game against Man united,  but that goes without saying these days. 

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

The Premier League is much faster and demanding than the Bundesliga.  The high tempo and press is difficult to deal with.   Weghorst is getting hustled and he can't deal with the high work rate needed.   It is why I fear for City gambling on Haaland.  

My initial point was that he was a lump this season before he even left to go to Burnley.  He's not the player he was last season, regardless of the league.

17 minutes ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Lads got the quality. But his focus goes and like you said awful for going offside. Won't be our worry next season because he'll go 👋 👍👍

Vydra will score goals in the championship for us if we go down 

Dwight Mcneil comes with a big reputation but he's been awful this season 🧐🥴 zero goals. 1 assist. Another who thinks he doesn't need to work off the ball too. Easy to defend against. 

Dwight McNeil was a beast in FM22 pre winter update,  then the 22.3 update came and Dwight McNeil blows hard.

Just now, Coma said:

My initial point was that he was a lump this season before he even left to go to Burnley.  He's not the player he was last season, regardless of the league.

True,  maybe because he is also one year older

I think Dwight McNeil really needed to move on the summer when Covid hit to see whether he could push on as a footballer to be tip eight / top six player.

I imagine now both him and Nick Pope have fallen in to that category where if Burnley were to get relegated they could both be persuaded to give the club a year in The Championship to see if the my can get promoted (contract length permitting).

18 hours ago, Lucas said:

I guess the only thing you could say is a team like Wolsburg will alwaya create more chances for him but still, I don't think he puts himself about much.

With his height and physicality, he should be making himself a nightmare to play against but it wouldn't surprise me if he's chased the pound signs and is already thinking he'll leave if Burnley go down.

He did at Wolfsburg , when he signed for Burnley. Can't imagine, why he should've changed in that half year.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think Dwight McNeil really needed to move on the summer when Covid hit to see whether he could push on as a footballer to be tip eight / top six player.

I imagine now both him and Nick Pope have fallen in to that category where if Burnley were to get relegated they could both be persuaded to give the club a year in The Championship to see if the my can get promoted (contract length permitting).

Pope is proven quality in the premier league was only a couple of seasons back. 

Good players perform even in poor teams. Mcneil gets the ball and gives it away cheaply. Forget about a top 6 or 8 for him a spell in the championship could liven him up 

Right now he couldn't beat an egg 🥚 

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

This weekends result have made me feel really comfortable, seems to be down between Burnley, Everton and Leeds at a stretch but being honest I think Burnley are down now

Everton get smashed at Liverpool and we beat Southampton. We're out of relegation zone 👍🤙🤙

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Danny said:

This weekends result have made me feel really comfortable, seems to be down between Burnley, Everton and Leeds at a stretch but being honest I think Burnley are down now

Everton will beat us. Burnley picking up a point probably gives them more of an incentive (if there wasn't enough already) to get more points. I think they pick up 3 points on Wednesday, and that's before Burnley play the next day too.

• Subscriber

Brentford aren't even in the discussion for me.

Norwich and Watford are cooked and I'm about 90% sure it's Burnley who join them. Think it'll all peter out and be pretty much done by the weekend. Very boring really that yet again those two are moving league together and Fulham are virtually up again. There's a league within two leagues here and it's really a bit dull. If it wasn't for the fact it was literally Forest I'd be pining for them to come up.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Brentford aren't even in the discussion for me.

Norwich and Watford are cooked and I'm about 90% sure it's Burnley who join them. Think it'll all peter out and be pretty much done by the weekend. Very boring really that yet again those two are moving league together and Fulham are virtually up again. There's a league within two leagues here and it's really a bit dull. If it wasn't for the fact it was literally Forest I'd be pining for them to come up.

I think Fulham are likely to go back down too, it’s really difficult to stay up unless you have star quality somewhere.

Wolves, Leeds, Aston Villa and now us. You have a team backed by Jorge Mendes, Bielsa in charge, Jack Grealish and then our general model of running a club, plus the signing of Christian Eriksen. There’s something there that really carries a team and I’m not sure Fulham have that, atm I’m getting Norwich vibes.

Even though Bournemouth were relegated because mainly cos of an injury crisis and they still have a few ex-PL players in that team I don’t see how they stay up either. Especially when their best Premier League experienced players left already. We could see all 3 promoted teams drop next season tbh.

Archived