talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mo Salah Adulation Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, Mohamed Salah playing for Fiorentina was one of the most forgettable moves in football history. I completely forgot he was there at one point.

On 27/04/2018 at 09:34, Storts said:

It’s funny how its barely mentioned in England because of his success that he’s a horrible anti-Semite

He’s an anti-semite?

Where have you got this info from because if this is the case then he’s been crossed off from anything for me. 

The term antisemite has to be the worst in history. Because all the Abrahamaic religions are Semitic as well as several languages like Hebrew and Arabic. I have never understood why it refers to Jews only' though.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He’s an anti-semite?

Where have you got this info from because if this is the case then he’s been crossed off from anything for me. 

Wouldn't shake Israelis hands. 

16 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

He didn't shake hands with some Maccabi Haifa players once. He's from Egypt and I imagine is very hostile to the Israeli regime, this doesn't mean he is anti-Semitic. He is actually a semitic person.

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

The term antisemite has to be the worst in history. Because all the Abrahamaic religions are Semitic as well as several languages like Hebrew and Arabic. I have never understood why it refers to Jews only' though.

Wouldn't shake Israelis hands. 

Ok... True, but we know what this means. One thing is being anti-Israel and that state, but another is being anti-Jews. Now we’ve got it straight, being anti-Jew is unacceptable in my world. 

Conflating the two is something which must be avoided. Israel is a criminal state committing atrocities with impunity.

I wouldn't condemn a a black man refusing to shake hands with South Africans during apartheid and neither will i condemn an Arab refusing to shake the hands of Israelis. He did actually fist bump them anyway so it's not even much of an issue.

All three Abrahamaic religions believe they are the successors of the true faith of Abraham. All believe that when the Massiah will come it will be proved that they are the right ones. 

This anti-Jew/Muslim/Christian will always exist until religion or world comes to an end or the Massiah actually comes.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Like there are many nations in the Middle East free from human atrocities and yet the easy target is Israel and furthermore the known fact of the acceptance of hating Jews. A lot of choosing here it seems. 

Don't try whatabouttery. Israel is supported by the USA and her allies while flagrantly being in controvention to international law. It is not in any sense anti-Semitic to oppose Israeli policy and you are a disgrace for suggesting it is. I have no issue with Jewish people or the state of Israel exisiting in principle but a two state solution has to be sought for any chance of peace and Israel are the barrier to it.

35 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Don't try whatabouttery. Israel is supported by the USA and her allies while flagrantly being in controvention to international law. It is not in any sense anti-Semitic to oppose Israeli policy and you are a disgrace for suggesting it is. I have no issue with Jewish people or the state of Israel exisiting in principle but a two state solution has to be sought for any chance of peace and Israel are the barrier to it.

I said from the atart that one thing is to be opposed to the state of Israel and how it breaks human rights laws with its actions and another is the systematic hatred of Jews, something people use as an excuse with the Israel state issue but you can see they just literally hate Jews. 

As fot who supports who when we’re talking about the abuse, murdering or cleansing of ethnic groups... Who cares what the political issues are when we’re talking about ethics and the value of life?

I don’t support Israel’s abuse of the Palestinians and in no post have I even gone down the route of showing that kind of support. But I am no fool as much as I would say nobody is stupid enough not to see that people use the state of Israel issue to have an excuse to hate Jews. 

50 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I said from the atart that one thing is to be opposed to the state of Israel and how it breaks human rights laws with its actions and another is the systematic hatred of Jews, something people use as an excuse with the Israel state issue but you can see they just literally hate Jews. 

As fot who supports who when we’re talking about the abuse, murdering or cleansing of ethnic groups... Who cares what the political issues are when we’re talking about ethics and the value of life?

I don’t support Israel’s abuse of the Palestinians and in no post have I even gone down the route of showing that kind of support. But I am no fool as much as I would say nobody is stupid enough not to see that people use the state of Israel issue to have an excuse to hate Jews. 

I'd totally agree but I don't see any evidence of that here. 

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'd totally agree but I don't see any evidence of that here. 

If you mean Salah and an accusation thrown at him because of not shaking a potential Jewish player’s hand, then I don’t know what to say. I don’t know enough about the situation which was why I asked Storts and I have no idea as to his sentiments in all of this. But when you’re in the limelight and you make that type of choice, he then has to expect people making a judgement on that gesture if he hasn’t said why he did it post match. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Mohamed Salah's boots are going on display in the Egypt collection at the British Museum. 😂😂😂

What a joke!  I actually go there very often to be honest (5 or 6 times a year minimum), so it'll be funny seeing those boots in amongst all those ancient Egyptian relics.  Hopefully they'll put them next at one of the mummies.  :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol why are they doing that? They do realize the Egyptian King thing is just part of his song, right?

Don't overestimate the curators and co at the British Museum mate.  xD

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol why are they doing that? They do realize the Egyptian King thing is just part of his song, right?

Um sweetie, Egyptians didn´t have kings, they had pharaohs

Archived