• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mo Salah Adulation Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
38 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Best African ever in the Premier League according to U18s manager Gerrard. 

Not even the best Egyptian to play in the city. 

saw a clip of that xD 

and the wise response...

Leicester winning the league was also a complete anomaly, great achievement though.

Using silverware as a barometer is a bit naff anyway as Suarez was better than most strikers to have played in the division and he didn't win the league.

On 18/02/2018 at 21:15, Blue said:

I agree that sometimes people discredit goals as stats because ultimately they are what win you games, but again, I prefer a player who can bury it on the first chance on a consistent basis rather than miss 5 chances, score your 6th but letting the opponent settle into the game. Salah is good but the wastefulness takes away from him in my opinion.

Four shots four goals yesterday. 

Is that consistent enough for you? :D

Throwback to when The Liquidator stated Salah doesn't improve Liverpool :ay:

Scored his 37th goal of the season today, the winner to boot, which puts Liverpool 2nd. 10 points away from 5th placed Chelsea.

On course to beat last season's finish by 8-10 points unless they have a huge wobble.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

In farirness, it was hardly a ludicrous claim at the time.

This. When he came in I was expecting a better attack on the wings but what he has produced is something very special. Maybe the writing was on the wall for fans of Roma to see but I don't even think they knew what they were giving up. I hope he gets another 5 goals and smashes another big record it would be very fitting for him. Today, he surpassed or tied it up with Drogba for highest scoring African player in the PL. May his success long continue.

23 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

In farirness, it was hardly a ludicrous claim at the time.

The thing is, the way he came across was that it was ludicrous that we were excited by the signing and was so adamant that he wouldn’t improve us. 

If he wasn’t so aggressive in his opinion in the first place, he wouldn’t have received such a backlash. 

37 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Throwback to when The Liquidator stated Salah doesn't improve Liverpool :ay:

Scored his 37th goal of the season today, the winner to boot, which puts Liverpool 2nd. 10 points away from 5th placed Chelsea.

On course to beat last season's finish by 8-10 points unless they have a huge wobble.

And Yet we have better odds on winning a trophy this season than they do. Imagine that. 

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

No way are Liverpool keeping him. He's far outgrown them.

He’ll be here next season then he’ll probably be sold for a world record fee. 

Theres only Messi and Ronaldo (arguably) who are better currently, but Salah is much younger. 

Nobody could have seen this coming but he is on course to be the best player in the world. 

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The thing is, the way he came across was that it was ludicrous that we were excited by the signing and was so adamant that he wouldn’t improve us. 

If he wasn’t so aggressive in his opinion in the first place, he wouldn’t have received such a backlash. 

Correct.

It was the same when he mentioned both Manchester clubs would fall away like they usually do after the first month of the season and yet there they are in first and second position.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

And Yet we have better odds on winning a trophy this season than they do. Imagine that. 

Agreed, you actually do, although that doesn't really hold any relevance in this particular thread.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Correct.

It was the same when he mentioned both Manchester clubs would fall away like they usually do after the first month of the season and yet there they are in first and second position.

We are second :D

Take your point though 👍

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Agreed, you actually do, although that doesn't really hold any relevance in this particular thread.

When you use our league position as a reference, it does. Just as I would use the likelyhood of either club to win silverware this season. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Can he equal or beat Ian Rush's 47 goals in a season? Minimum of eight games left, you wouldn't back against it

100% he's smashing that record unless injury plays a part. 

Wonder if he'll get 40 in Premier League alone. Already on 29 I think?

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

100% he's smashing that record unless injury plays a part. 

Wonder if he'll get 40 in Premier League alone. Already on 29 I think?

I think 40 in the league is pushing it! 3 to beat the 38 game record though and 34 is the overall record but that was when it was 42 games in a season. That's do-able I think

• The title was changed to Mo Salah Adulation Thread

Archived