• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Mo Salah Adulation Thread

Recommended Posts

Great move for Liverpool.

Very promising attacking outlets with Mane, Salah, Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana. 

Guess they just need a solid out-and-out striker. Someone prolific like they had with Suarez to compliment the above players. 

Personally I think they should get rid of Sturridge. Wonder if they can do better than Origi if they really want to challenge in the Premier League AND Champions League simultaneously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about this, think a top striker would have been priority for Liverpool. Didn't get much of a chance at a Chelsea so can't judge him by there, going by YouTube he's a bit of a lampard in that all his goals are deflected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn - I love Salah and will hate seeing him no longer in Italy.

Roma are slowly getting picked apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see what Mo Salah we see, at Fiorentina he did nothing to suggest the form he would find at Roma and whilst effective at Chelsea sporadically, he was one of those players he would run down a blind alley rather than pick out a pass.

I think he'll suit Liverpool to a tee, he's just what they need given how light they looked of pace when Mane was out. I wouldn't rule out this being a precursor for Coutinho to leave on a huge fee to Barcelona. Of course if they can unsettle him then they'll look to pinch him on the cheap but I really don't think Liverpool will be as easily bullied as Arsenal we're over Cesc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of him and Mane on the wings. That is a fuckload of pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not sure about this, think a top striker would have been priority for Liverpool. Didn't get much of a chance at a Chelsea so can't judge him by there, going by YouTube he's a bit of a lampard in that all his goals are deflected.

If you're fishing I took the bait 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 200 deflected goals is pretty impressive. That is some sort of anomaly in Newton's laws of physics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's as good for Liverpool as he was Roma then it's not a bad signing, Liverpool need a big squad for next season as they're pretty weak beyond Mane, Firminho and Lallana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work TAD - straight out of the Storts school of wumming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yeah, it was a joke lads, chill out.

 

Lampard is Defo fat tho.

Maybe I shoukd have thrown a ninja i there so you guys knew I was joking as well. 

Well no shit he is fat, look at his uncle 'Arry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked him more so than Cuadrado. Think he'd do well in Liverpool's set up, and adds some quality in depth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless they try and play a False 9? I don't know who their out and out striker will be because it's definitely not Sturridge. I'm surprised the guy is still there honestly??? He's lost it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Unless they try and play a False 9? I don't know who their out and out striker will be because it's definitely not Sturridge. I'm surprised the guy is still there honestly??? He's lost it.

We played a false 9 most of the season (Firmino) because Sturridge was mostly injured and there lies Sturridge's problem! He's not lost it at all (his goals to games rate and conversion rate is still exceptional), it's that he's injury prone as fuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We played a false 9 most of the season (Firmino) because Sturridge was mostly injured and there lies Sturridge's problem! He's not lost it at all (his goals to games rate and conversion rate is still exceptional), it's that he's injury prone as fuck. 

If you're injured all the time you're lost.... because you're not scoring goals or on the pitch....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

If you're injured all the time you're lost.... because you're not scoring goals or on the pitch....

Fair enough. I'd say that he's injury prone but that he hasn't 'lost it' because he's still a very effective striker when fit. 

Anyway, delighted with the signing of Salah. He'll add even more strength to an already strong attacking unit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fair enough. I'd say that he's injury prone but that he hasn't 'lost it' because he's still a very effective striker when fit. 

Anyway, delighted with the signing of Salah. He'll add even more strength to an already strong attacking unit. 

I agree with this but I think the question that will arise soon is who is the leader of the bunch at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent signing. Compliments Mane on the other flank well and a natural quality proven striker in the middle would compliment that front line.

However...is he strong in the air, tough in the tackle and commanding in defence? Because for me that is still Liverpool's Achilles heel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Batard said:

I wouldn't rule out this being a precursor for Coutinho to leave on a huge fee to Barcelona. 

Coutinho is going to be used as a CM, so I don't think Salah's signing affects anything.

@topic

I am really excited by this signing. We have struggled when Mane was injured. Now, my only concern is the AFCON. We might lose both Mane and Salah during that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is Coutinho alongside Henderson? 

Mane, Lallana, Salah behind Firmino? 

Not sure on that midfield pairing, if it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep most probably. It would be a midfield three of Coutinho,  with any two of Henderson, Can, Lallana and Gini. The like Firmino, Mane and Salah on top of them.

It will work. People underestimate Coutinho's pressing and defensive abilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I am really excited by this signing. We have struggled when Mane was injured. Now, my only concern is the AFCON. We might lose both Mane and Salah during that. 

This could become a big problem for us. We all saw how much Mane was missed this season. If Salah becomes an important player for us, which you would hope he will do, to be missing both of them for a period would be shit. I know it's only every two years this would happen but still...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Yep most probably. It would be a midfield three of Coutinho,  with any two of Henderson, Can, Lallana and Gini. The like Firmino, Mane and Salah on top of them.

It will work. People underestimate Coutinho's pressing and defensive abilities. 

Woeful off topic but I honestly cannot see Coutinho being deployed by Klopp in a central midfield role. It completely negates his effectiveness, he isn't a box to box midfielder he lacks that level of fitness needed for a Klopp Centre mid. Wijnaldum & Henderson is much more imposing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Surely he means deep lying creative midfielder rather than standard centre mid, like against West Ham.

Not really Klopps modus operandi, I could be wrong but I don't recall him operating that sort of midfield in his days at Dortmund even when he had Nuri Sahin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Yep most probably. It would be a midfield three of Coutinho,  with any two of Henderson, Can, Lallana and Gini. The like Firmino, Mane and Salah on top of them.

That quartet in midfield is going to be crucial in the Champions League next season because it gives the manager good rotation possibilities and I hope we can keep Hendo and Lallana injury free to afford that luxury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember @SirBalon said that Salah would be found out. Well he hasn't had a bad season in his career yet, outside of the year he wasn't used by Chelsea. 

Never trust a Galician snake:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spike said:

I remember @SirBalon said that Salah would be found out. Well he hasn't had a bad season in his career yet, outside of the year he wasn't used by Chelsea. 

Never trust a Galician snake:ph34r:

He's monotone...  I don't like him and would be upset at spending money on him.  He is a very poor man's Alexis Sánchez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

I remember @SirBalon said that Salah would be found out. Well he hasn't had a bad season in his career yet, outside of the year he wasn't used by Chelsea. 

Never trust a Galician snake:ph34r:

Salah is a bit overrated though. He has fantastic numbers but they don't exactly reflect how he gets those numbers. He needs a lot of chances.

He is however, very dynamic and will fit into Klopps system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Salah is a bit overrated though. He has fantastic numbers but they don't exactly reflect how he gets those numbers. He needs a lot of chances.

He is however, very dynamic and will fit into Klopps system.

Olivier Giroud has more than decent numbers.  Forget stats mate!  For god's sake, what is it with stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement