talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mo Salah Adulation Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Machado said:

Salah is not the 3rd best player in the world... crazy talk. He's having a fantastic season, but calm down. I don't think Real Madrid want to sign him either.

If Salah isn’t 3rd best, who is? 

Madrid can’t afford him. 

10 minutes ago, Machado said:

Salah is not the 3rd best player in the world... crazy talk. He's having a fantastic season, but calm down. I don't think Real Madrid want to sign him either.

I think you're underrating him to be honest. I don't see how saying he's top 3 in the world is 'crazy talk' because who else is delivering better numbers this season?

51 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He’ll be here next season then he’ll probably be sold for a world record fee. 

Theres only Messi and Ronaldo (arguably) who are better currently, but Salah is much younger. 

Nobody could have seen this coming but he is on course to be the best player in the world. 

I hope you keep hold of him, but his marketability in Arabic countries is going to be unreal. Madrid and PSG should be chucking everything at him.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

I hope you keep hold of him, but his marketability in Arabic countries is going to be unreal. Madrid and PSG should be chucking everything at him.

It is, he’s the god of Egypt as things stand. 

I’m in no doubt that keeping him beyond next season will be almost impossible. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Madrid can’t afford him. 

Neymar. 

Salah needs a few more seasons showing the same quality. For all we know he could be utter wank next season. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

It is, he’s the god of Egypt as things stand. 

I’m in no doubt that keeping him beyond next season will be almost impossible. 

If you win silverware and show ambition in the transfer market, I doubt it will be impossible to keep a hold of him. Doesn't seem like the player that will have his head turned when Barca or Real come knocking. 

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

"Madrid can't afford him" xD 

I honestly love this thread.

Not as in ‘they don’t have enough pennies in the bank’, more as in that they are wanting to rebuild somewhat and splurging upwards of £200m on one player is highly unlikely, not when they are in need of 3 or more players. 

No doubt, like the other Spanish shithouses, they will try every trick in the book to unsettle him but that’s nothing new to us. 

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

If Perez wants salah, liverpool has zero chances of keeping him. Like I said, I would be surprised if he doesnt fly straight to Madrid from Russia this summer.

Torres

Suarez

Coutinho

All left to win silverware. Salah wins the Champions League and Balon d"Or, don't see why he wouldn't stay at Liverpool. 

As things stand right now I wouldn't leave Liverpool if I were Salah.  The only thing I'll say to that is that where he comes from (the Middle East / North Africa) Spanish clubs especially Real Madrid are the pantheon of football. They're not just a football club to them.

I know the same can be said of Coutinho and other previous players but Salah does seem to genuinely like the city, he's always out and about (always in a great lebanese restaurant on bold st if anyone wants a nice middle eastern food in Liverpool) in the city. Obviously a lot depends on success but i dont see him going this year.

I don't think his head will be turned just yet, were doing well as a team and with a full season with this new defensive solidarity I expect us to be a lot closer to city next season. Plus if we win the CL by beating Madrid that also helps haha 

I mean if I'd just scored more goals than I did in the previous best two seasons of my career combined (his two years at Roma) and was the focal point of a very good attack, I don't know if I'd want to move to play second fiddle to Ronaldo or Messi. This is different to Suarez under Rodgers, imo. Our system has brought Salah to a level that none of us, and I doubt even he, expected. If it were me, I'd try to keep that going for as long as possible.

I'm also a Liverpool fan though, so there's some obvious bias in me not wanting the man to leave. He's been nothing short of incredible for us this season - it's mental it's his debut season for us. If he stays he'll likely be a legend for us & in this league, assuming he can keep this kind of form up.

I suspect there will be media speculation this summer about a big money move and a couple of eyelash flutters from him at a world cup press conference will give wind to the sails. But at the end of the day i think its unlikely he wouldn't stay another year. 

To stay beyond that though would require huge things like us wining the champions league this year and strengthening hugely and being a solid top 2 team next year that looks a certain  UCL semi finalist year on year. Even then there's no guarantees he won't have some deep down desire to play elsewhere. 

But our current front three is greater than the sum of its parts. I dont see him being a 40 goal a season player at another club... it depends what he wants from his career really. 

• The title was changed to Mo Salah Adulation Thread
On 31/03/2018 at 16:22, LFCMadLad said:

Madrid can’t afford him. 

On 31/03/2018 at 16:26, UNORTHODOX said:

I think you're underrating him to be honest. I don't see how saying he's top 3 in the world is 'crazy talk' because who else is delivering better numbers this season?

Apologize for the late reply.

Numbers aren't everything.

I like Liverpool and I'm loving to watch their games this season but I find this Salah hype a bit annoying now because I think it takes credit from Klopp and Liverpool as a team. Salah is doing great and deserves credit for doing it so consistently but he's clearly a product of the way Liverpool operate on the pitch. They create a chance every 5 minutes and have no clear cut striker, so he assumed the goal scorer role naturally, and he did it brilliantly of course.

As for being the best behind Messi/Ronaldo... 9_9 IMO Firmino along with De Bruyne are the two best players in the PL at the moment. Silva, Sane, Eriksen are all better players than Salah as well. I won't even get started on La Liga or Bundesliga players who are better than Salah because the list would be endless. He's scoring for fun but do calm down.

He's also a one season wonder as far as anyone can tell. Not saying he'll flop next season but we'll have to wait and see.

Archived