• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bruce Willis

football forum

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sad. 

I wouldn't ever class him as one of the all time 'greats', however, when I first started properly watching films, he was one of the main stars of the generation and made some thoroughly enjoyable movies.

Die Hard is iconic, but equally The Sixth Sense and Armageddon were also great films he made.

I don't think I've watched anything he's starred in since maybe Glass which goes to show how his status has fallen in more recent times but nevertheless, he will always be remembered for his better films.

• Subscriber

First saw him in Moonlighting with Cybill Shepherd and I didn't think much of him and thought that Shepherd would go a long way and be better acting-wise than him and make a name for herself but I was wrong there.

The Die Hard films were the best for me and it's a toss-up between the first one Die Hard, with Alan Rickman or Die Hard with Vengeance' with Samuel L Jackson as the best of the bunch. 

• Subscriber

The Fifth Element and 12 Monkeys are by far my favourite Bruce Willis movies, absolute cult. And of course Pulp Fiction. But I'd say I liked quite a few others, too - Die Hard, Four Rooms, Last Man Standing, Sin City, RED, The Jackal; from the top of my head.

6 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

First saw him in Moonlighting with Cybill Shepherd and I didn't think much of him and thought that Shepherd would go a long way and be better acting-wise than him and make a name for herself but I was wrong there.

I thought that show was pretty funny, both of them had a few issues with each other off screen which gave it a bit of an edge... such a shame he is having to step back.. I wonder how long he has started to suffer with this from?? he has had a few very low key/low budget films recently and I wonder if his illness has had anything to do with it?? 

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

he has had a few very low key/low budget films recently and I wonder if his illness has had anything to do with it?? 

Aye, could have been, some of them films just did not seem the same Bruce Willis of old.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

he has had a few very low key/low budget films recently and I wonder if his illness has had anything to do with it?? 

From what I've heard it has more to do with him being "difficult to work with". Apparently he's VERY arrogant and rude to people, among other things.

• 10 months later...
On 31/03/2022 at 13:54, Tommy said:

From what I've heard it has more to do with him being "difficult to work with". Apparently he's VERY arrogant and rude to people, among other things.

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Sounds like a correlation. Having family with dementia they can be quite combative and irritable. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Sounds like a correlation. Having family with dementia they can be quite combative and irritable. 

Yea, but he's been rude and arrogant to people long before he was ill though. 

But of course still terrible news. It can happen to anyone. :/ 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, but he's been rude and arrogant to people long before he was ill though. 

But of course still terrible news. It can happen to anyone. :/ 

I’ve only heard that being the case in his older years.

I just brought it up because someone said he only did low budget movies recently, and I pointed out that it might be the case because he's difficult to work with. 

I never said that anyone who might not be the nicest person deserves an illness. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I just brought it up because someone said he only did low budget movies recently, and I pointed out that it might be the case because he's difficult to work with. 

I never said that anyone who might not be the nicest person deserves an illness. 

Oh I didn't mean you at all! 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I just brought it up because someone said he only did low budget movies recently,

That was me... I suspected that he might have been taking lower budget films due to his illness and how it was starting to affect him.. 

Archived