• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 4-0 Man Utd - Tuesday 19th April, 2022

football forums

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Just flicked through the thread and can't believe there was a discussion about whether the Man Utd players might raise their game here. They are the most spineless twats in the league and if I had to bet my house on a team to cruise shamelessly to the end of the season not really giving a shit because they know the current manager isn't here to stay, I'd bet it on Man Utd. And anyone who has read any of my posts about my own side in the last 6 years knows that that's saying something! xD

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Just flicked through the thread and can't believe there was a discussion about whether the Man Utd players might raise their game here. They are the most spineless twats in the league and if I had to bet my house on a team to cruise shamelessly to the end of the season not really giving a shit because they know the current manager isn't here to stay, I'd bet it on Man Utd. And anyone who has read any of my posts about my own side in the last 6 years knows that that's saying something! xD

What I don't understand about the United players using that excuse is...

... Rangnick's not leaving the club, he's going to be advising the new manager. So he's still got some say in their futures.

I like how now that we've put 4 past them, United seem to care a bit now. Not about playing football, but going in and making shit challenges because they've been embarassed on the pitch.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 4-0 Man Utd - Tuesday 19th April, 2022
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I like how now that we've put 4 past them, United seem to care a bit now. Not about playing football, but going in and making shit challenges because they've been embarassed on the pitch.

They got to a point where it really felt like it was more about going after the player than the ball. Especially that kid who looks like sideshow-bob. I can get being frustrated but he's a bit lucky to be on the pitch after the ref told him to calm down. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

What I don't understand about the United players using that excuse is...

... Rangnick's not leaving the club, he's going to be advising the new manager. So he's still got some say in their futures.

They don't need a good excuse, they'll take any excuse. That's the kind of characters they are. It's also why they won't give two shits about their futures or what Rangnick might do to them. These are the sorts of players who, if the manager or Director of Football wants them gone and they get told to train with the reserves or look for a move or whatever, they'll just say fine and collect their extortionate pay packet for the rest of their contract because they don't have the professional pride to go elsewhere to play football. And there's enough of them in that boat that Man Utd won't be able to get off the books that the new manager might well be forced to use some of them anyway. Players have all the power and if enough of them just refuse to fuck off then Rangnick and Ten Hag can bring in who they want, even if they sign good characters, they'll be in the minority and plenty of them will be corrupted by the rot that's set in there for years now by the time they can shift the dead wood.

It's like that squad has some sort of football cancer. It'll be interesting to see how it ends up because I can't see them fixing it any time soon and I also can't see them slipping any further down the pecking order because they have so much money that even if the players they sign can't form a team that is worth even half of the sum of their parts, that's still so much expensive footballer that it's enough to finish in the top 7 or 8 at least.

@RandoEFC hit the nail here. 

Look at Phil Jones. He couldn't give a flying fuck about his footballing career knowing he has a long term contract at United getting paid handsomely whilst missing 95% of the season. This can arguably said about the majority of United's players who know they aren't going anywhere given their contracts. 

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Was the same at Old Trafford when Pogba made that dog of a challenge on Keita

20 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

They got to a point where it really felt like it was more about going after the player than the ball. Especially that kid who looks like sideshow-bob. I can get being frustrated but he's a bit lucky to be on the pitch after the ref told him to calm down. 

I guess we should have expected that from someone named Hannibal & who looks like Sideshow Bob.

Just now, Stan said:

Did anything happen after Keita's stamp on Lingard? Not sure if it was deliberate but don't think ref saw it anyhow? 

They reviewed it. Possibly a little lucky. Looked like he could have just accidently landed on him though through my red tinted spectacles

Just now, LFCMike said:

The front three all scored which was great. Thiago man of the match by a mile though. Absolutely ran the show

Our front 3 situation is a bit mental now.

I genuinely don't know which possible trio we have makes up our "best" front 3. Obviously our best front 3 includes Mane and Salah - but then who do we go with the 3rd? I'm quite liking us with Mane in the centre, Diaz on the left and Salah on the right. But Jota's also had an incredible season. And Bobby's also having a decent season, if not a bit injury ravaged, and in the games against the best sides I feel like he's always a good option too.

Hopefully we get Mane & Salah's contract situations sorted out over the summer and then I think we're sorted in attack for at least a couple seasons.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Our front 3 situation is a bit mental now.

I genuinely don't know which possible trio we have makes up our "best" front 3. Obviously our best front 3 includes Mane and Salah - but then who do we go with the 3rd? I'm quite liking us with Mane in the centre, Diaz on the left and Salah on the right. But Jota's also had an incredible season. And Bobby's also having a decent season, if not a bit injury ravaged, and in the games against the best sides I feel like he's always a good option too.

Hopefully we get Mane & Salah's contract situations sorted out over the summer and then I think we're sorted in attack for at least a couple seasons.

It's a great situation at the moment. I agree that it's Salah and Mane then one of Jota or Diaz as our strongest. As you say Firmino is having a decent season as well but he's been in and out of the side. But that's fine if he's coming in and doing a job every couple of games.

There will be the odd game between now and the end of the season where Salah or Mane will be rested and you wouldn't expect any drop off if it's two of Jota, Diaz and Firmino alongside them.

Nothing to fight for? Not pride? Not your supporters?

I don't know why he's come out with this statement. Yes, it's obvious that United players don't really feel they have a reason on the pitch right now. But he's serious that he's telling everyone United players with no trophy on the line still can't motivate themselves to fight for their own personal pride or for their fans against their biggest, or one of their biggest, rivals... I think that's all the more reason for United fans to hate their current squad.

Don't get me wrong, I love it. I think it's hilarious. But I'd be frustrated as fuck if Liverpool played like they don't give a fuck and the players came out and said "well we're not fighting for anything so we don't care." Strikes me as tone deaf tbh. How can the fans be asked to spend their hard earned money to support players that don't give a shit?

If you're shit and you can't help it, that's one thing - but at least put in the fucking effort.

It's a good thing Ten Hag's already bald, otherwise I'd say he'd probably be tearing his fucking hair out next season trying to deal with this pack of absolute losers. Also thank God it'll probably be impossible for United to clear out the toxic loser mentality in just one transfer window and the stink that's currently in their dressing room will probably follow them around for at least 1 or 2 more seasons.

Archived