• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Worst Airports in the World

football forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The only good thing about airports is the fact that it's perfectly socially acceptable to have a beer at 6am xD 

I genuinely dislike most of the airports, especially the big busy overcrowded ones. Also those where they have security checks in transit, I hate those with passion. My personal worst ones are Hong Kong, Warsaw, and Doha.

Hong Kong is massive but still lacks facilities. Walked like 4 kilometers to the gate, and not a single restaurant/bar/cafe in sight on the way. Had to walk another kilometer to find the toilets. Just shit. You'd think that with all that empty space, they could actually put something useful in there.

Warsaw - feels more like a refugee camp than an actual airport. Unfriendly staff, security guards with dogs and automatic rifles inside the terminal. Complete lack of organisation.

It baffles me that the Doha one is considered to be one of the best in the world; it's a nightmare. Always overcrowded, extremely long security check queues, long distances to the gates with no clear navigation, and on top of that the flights are not planned well in terms of transfer time. There were 3 occassions were my baggage didn't make it to the final destination, and all 3 happened in Doha. Last time I flew, we had a transfer time of over one hour, booked business class and gold transfer service, and we still barely made it to the gate. Loved the old small Doha it was class, the new Hamad one is shite.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I had to fly out of Malta International Airport once, which was enough. Basically a room, with an airstrip outside the window.

Shite.

That's perfect! :D I love tiny airports. Well unless it's cramped, then it's shit. But otherwise, it's usually chill, relaxed, quick, and nobody's bothering you.

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

I had to fly out of Malta International Airport once, which was enough. Basically a room, with an airstrip outside the window.

Shite.

I have been to Malta many many times. And while it is a smaller airport, yes, calling it a room with an airstrip is a bit of an exaggeration. 

Also never had any trouble with my luggage, no delays etc. Good airport. 

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Atlanta was a fucking nightmare like I’ve never known.

Atlanta is an efficient masterpiece compared to LAX.

I will write up why I hate LAX after I get off the loo

3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Shite.

I actually have been to airports that are one room with a strip of bitumen outside. You couldn't be more wrong, these are the only airports I've ever been to that one can show up five minutes before take off, have everything sorted out, and be on the plane in less than 10 minutes.

Why I hate LAX

1. Customs is divided into American citizens and everyone else. There is no differentiation between Canadian, US permanent residents, waiver entry, and VISA entry. One thousand people in a snake line being serviced by less than ten officials. It took me nearly 2 hours last time, why not subdivide the entrants based on their conditions? Surely that make it quicker for everyone?
  2. If you have a connecting flight you have to retrieve your luggage, walk with it less than 100m and then give it the blokes standing around a conveyor belt. Why can't they just do this?
  3. If you are in one terminal, connecting to another, you have to leave the secure zone and go through security again. If you have been to the USA you know that TSA is slow, over-the-top and inefficient. Imagine flying 15 hours, already being through security several times and than having to walk 2km outside in an ugly smog filled concrete maze, only to go through TSA security check again. Shoes off people!
  4. This has to be the only airport in the world doing repairs on the shitty architecture that causes frequent power-outages preventing people from entering through the security checks.
  5. They never have enough employees working, why have two dozen kiosks with only five employees?
  6. It is really fucking ugly and hard to get around. It is a maze that makes no sense.
  7. The last time I was there all the employees I encountered were really friendly and pleasant and it upset that such nice people have to work in that hell.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

I have been to Malta many many times. And while it is a smaller airport, yes, calling it a room with an airstrip is a bit of an exaggeration. 

Also never had any trouble with my luggage, no delays etc. Good airport. 

Clearly haven't been to many good airports.

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Clearly haven't been to many good airports.

I live a 15 minute walk away from one. xD

How is that a "room with an airstrip" though? 

Malta1.jpg

malta-airport-nogarlicnoonions-692019-04

Kos Airport was pretty bad, for an island busy with tourism it was bloody tiny and you'd be queuing around the car park on your departure.

They've recently built a new one from what I've read, I got married on the Island of Kos so when I go back for my five year anniversary next year it will be a lot better.

• Administrator

Malaga Airport. Always delays and not always quite crowded in the waiting areas to return to UK. 

I can't think of many other airports I've been to that aren't that great. Montego Bay Airport was fairly basic. 

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Been to Dubai airport twice. Everything was organised and smooth. It's really impressive.

Cunts broke into my luggage, snapped my lock off, took out my gift mugs for my dying grandfather and left bolt cutters inside the bag. Was either there, Heathrow or Tokyo(unlikely) but I’ll never fly emirates again. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Toinho said:

Cunts broke into my luggage, snapped my lock off, took out my gift mugs for my dying grandfather and left bolt cutters inside the bag. Was either there, Heathrow or Tokyo(unlikely) but I’ll never fly emirates again. 

Wow that's mad. Did you claim anything back?obviously that stuff is irreplaceable but still. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Wow that's mad. Did you claim anything back?obviously that stuff is irreplaceable but still. 

Spent ages at Heathrow and they were just rude and unhelpful. I’d been awake or 22-23 hours essentially and ended up contacting them via email and never heard back so just got on with it. Crazy hey. 

I might have been at Gatwick, not sure now haha. All I know is the next day I left from Stansted (spelling?) to fly to Shannon. 

Archived