talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christian Eriksen Signs for Man Utd

I could see this is a probability but I question things.

He made it obvious IIRC that he wanted to leave and spurs let him go. No one foresaw what would happen to him after that. What did happen was shocking and sad and then his career was done in Italy.

He's come back and got back into shape and Brentford offered him a way back in. If he takes an offer to walk away I guess I can say fair play to him but if it weren't for the Bees, he'd be nowhere. He's not a youngster any more so why not be gracious to the people that helped you get back in the league? The Bees aren't going to be relegated this season at least.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, patoriku66 said:

I could see this is a probability but I question things.

He made it obvious IIRC that he wanted to leave and spurs let him go. No one foresaw what would happen to him after that. What did happen was shocking and sad and then his career was done in Italy.

He's come back and got back into shape and Brentford offered him a way back in. If he takes an offer to walk away I guess I can say fair play to him but if it weren't for the Bees, he'd be nowhere. He's not a youngster any more so why not be gracious to the people that helped you get back in the league? The Bees aren't going to be relegated this season at least.

He will be into his age 31 season next year,  he owes nothing to Brentford to stay.    He will go to a club that best matches his aspirations. 

• The title was changed to Christian Eriksen - To Return to Spurs?
4 hours ago, Whiskey said:

bUT hE oWeS bRentFOrD sOmEtHinG!

Owes the club fuck all, their own fault for giving him such a short contract. Should rightly leave in the summer to a club that matches his ambitions.

No one even said that he does owe Brentford. Don't even know who you are taking the piss with the alternating caps, that shit is dated anyway.

The biggest stumbling block for any club interested is that they haven't seen him play a full season since, and that goes for Christian too. Obviously I'm biased, but I genuinely think the best place for him in the world is with us next season. We will look after him medically, play him every week and with us he will easily make the Denmark squad for the World Cup.

• Subscriber

I would say that we were mad not to try and pull this deal off ourselves in January in hindsight but then I remember that it's Everton and he either would have been shite, suffered a freak muscle injury in training that ruled him out for the season or simply had another heart attack that saw his career off for good.

I don't think he really owes Brentford anything either. They offered him 6 months to give him his way back into - he's giving them experience and quality they otherwise would not have had for 6 months. They're both getting a fair deal out of it.

He'll move wherever he gets the best financial offer, imo.

• Subscriber

We're interested as well according to Romano but I just don't see us getting him over Spurs particularly if we're not even in Europe. I'd love him though I think he's absolutely class.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Danny said:

The biggest stumbling block for any club interested is that they haven't seen him play a full season since, and that goes for Christian too. Obviously I'm biased, but I genuinely think the best place for him in the world is with us next season. We will look after him medically, play him every week and with us he will easily make the Denmark squad for the World Cup.

I can see your thinking but he's 30 and already an absolute banker to make their squad. It'd be nice for him to stay but I'm not convinced he will.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

I can see your thinking but he's 30 and already an absolute banker to make their squad. It'd be nice for him to stay but I'm not convinced he will.

I'm not convinced either but I still think some teams, and Denmark too, might want him to prove his fitness regularly otherwise if they didn't have these concerns we would never have got him.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Storts said:

Please take Hojbjerg

Well we seemed to be more interested in  Ibrahim Sangare from PSV,  we tried signing him on deadline day but PSV were not willing.   On stats i have put a comp with Hojbjerg, Sangare and Phillips,  Sangare is by far the stand out in nearly every metric,  followed by Hojbjerg. 

https://www.whoscored.com/PlayerComparison

• 2 weeks later...

He's expected to make his decision after the Nations League games with Denmark.

I feel like Spurs would be mad not to sign him and if they are interested it will be really difficult for us to compete with that now that they have kept Conte, Kane and brought in Perisic.

I think we have put forward a vision of the club where Eriksen is at the centre of pushing us into the European positions and whilst that will be the aim long-term regardless, it shows ambition on top of us being a safe option for him.

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

He's expected to make his decision after the Nations League games with Denmark.

I feel like Spurs would be mad not to sign him and if they are interested it will be really difficult for us to compete with that now that they have kept Conte, Kane and brought in Perisic.

I think we have put forward a vision of the club where Eriksen is at the centre of pushing us into the European positions and whilst that will be the aim long-term regardless, it shows ambition on top of us being a safe option for him.

I’d love him with us, the sort of midfielder we are missing. 

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’d love him with us, the sort of midfielder we are missing. 

Honestly he plays much the same role for us as Thiago does for you, for you it'd be good to have both to rotate them but I can't imagine he will want to join a club where he may have to play second fiddle to someone already there.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Would love him at United, but we give heart attacks to the players that don’t have underlying conditions, so he’s probably best steering clear.

I think he'd excel quite well in your midfield with the way ten Haag likes to play, though if you sign de Jong then I doubt you'd really need to bring Eriksen in. But if you don't sign de Jong then he'd be a really cheap option who'd likely be a mainstay in your midfield for the next 3-4 years.

Sounds like anyone Danish is trying to persuade him to stay with us, emphasising his personal happiness over Champions League footy.

Unless someone like Man City or Liverpool entered the race I think it’s entirely between us and Spurs at this point.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Apparently he's decided not to re-sign with Brentford. 

Completely plausible but not sure on the validity atm. The person who is being credited with the news is someone who has simply reported that he has been released by us along with a number of other players, no news on what club he wants to go to, personal preferences etc.

Eriksen is still with Denmark, played on Friday and I think is still with them and will most likely play tomorrow? Don't think he'll make his decision anytime soon tbh. I'd think he'll take a holiday with his family and decide from there.

• The title was changed to Christian Eriksen Agrees Terms With Former Premier League Giant Who Will Always Be Bigger Than Crystal Palace, Even If They Were Relegated To The Evostick Conference North Division
  • The title was changed to Christian Eriksen Signs for Man Utd

Archived