talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

League One 2021/22 - Play-offs

League One Play-off Winner  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Be Promoted to the Championship?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/05/22 at 14:00

• Administrator

eflsb_lo_l_dm_reg_h_rgb2021.png

all kick-offs BST

1st Legs
Thursday 5th May, 2022
Wycombe 2-0 MK Dons

Friday 6th May, 2022
Sunderland 1-0 Sheff Weds

2nd Legs
Sunday 8th May, 2022
MK Dons vs Wycombe, 18.30

Monday 9th May, 2022
Sheff Weds vs Sunderland

FINAL
SATURDAY 21st MAY, 2022
TBC - 3pm

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm rooting for Wycombe. For a team that appeared well out there depth they were really unlucky to go down last season when you consider the terrible luck with refereeing decisions and last minute goals in the first half of last season. If one of about seven weird instances went there way they would have survived.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm rooting for Wycombe. For a team that appeared well out there depth they were really unlucky to go down last season when you consider the terrible luck with refereeing decisions and last minute goals in the first half of last season. If one of about seven weird instances went there way they would have survived.

Also had Derby got punished last season they would have survived justly.

Deserved promotion if it happens and no one would begrudge them.

MK Dons to ruin the fun.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Also had Derby got punished last season they would have survived justly.

Deserved promotion if it happens and no one would begrudge them.

MK Dons to ruin the fun.

It's a big year for MK Dons. They've shown with Fisher and O'Reilly that they're willing to sell good players at a reasonable price and the likes of Twine, Kasumu, Darling and O'Hora have arguably outgrown League One. Not to mention Troy Parrott will definitely be on loan to a Championship Club next season.

A Championship club looking for a manager is bound to take a gamble on Liam Manning too.

• Subscriber

I have no love for Sunderland but seeing them in League One gives me great anxiety over the future of my own team if we get relegated with a financial structure that isn't designed for it so my default is to hope to see them back in the Championship just in case this relegation battle either goes the wrong way or turns out not to be a one-off. xD

3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Currently 0-0 in the second leg of MK Dons vs. Wycombe. Here's hoping that Wycombe get the job done.

Ffs, why did I say that?

Parrott scores for MK Dons to give them the lead in this game and make it 2-1 to Wycombe on aggregate.

Wednesday should have a pen. The left back of Sunderland on the floor, not only inhibits the Wednesday player but he commits handball. Got away with one there. 

The dream continues to Wycombe then. Its quite a fitting an old Wimbledon boy who played for them in the thick of the dark days in Gareth Ainsworth stopped Franchise MK getting promoted. Its even better that Gareth Ainsworth may be the nicest bloke in football.

I don't think we will see MK Dons in this position again for a while. That whole team is littered with good young players who should be cherry picked by Championship clubs and there manager is surely going to be flavour of the summer for anybody in The Championship looking for a new manager.

Looking at that Sheffield Wednesday on team you have to say they've underperformed. It's arguably better than the team they had in The Championship last season. I'm not sure what there finances are like but there wage bill must have been the biggest in the league.

I'd rather not see Sunderland go up under this murky ownership to be honest. Ross Stewart looks like a handy player but other than that I think they'll need a big revamp to survive in The Championship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived