• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool - Monday 22nd August, 2022

football forum

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I also think a lot of your fanbase need to not overreact to this too much.

To be fair, you've only lost one game. Ok, you can look at it as no win in three, but it's not a tragedy.

It only feels bad because City and yourselves have set the bar so high that I think you put the pressure on yourselves to match what they do.

It's totally normal to make stuttery starts till the team finds a flow and there's plenty of chance to make the ground back over the course of the season.

Exactly. @Rickwants us to buy anybody (rondon & townsend) etc but we don't work like that. We wait for the players we want to become available. 

No point just buying players to fill gabs due to injuries. 

Fuck it anyway, it's only football. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Seriously has he said this? Get over the Rondon/Townsend thing mate xD

Them examples are exactly his thought process though. 

Hes proved it time and time again. 

I've never known anyone get things wrong on a consistent basis like he does regarding transfers. 

The biggest one was saying we should fuck VVD off and buy someone else instead of waiting for him. 

He literally gets everything wrong.

@LFCMadLad seems to have a lot to say, unless he is getting called out for being a snide. 

I’ve never said “buy anybody”. Not once. I’ve also never said that we need to go out and buy loads of 80m midfielders and attackers. A lot being said for this so called ‘depth’ that we have.

Surely, our fans aren’t saying with a straight face that they are happy with a 35 year old Milner, a fragile Thiago, a waste of space in Ox & Keita & a (flatters to deceive) Jones as our Midfield ‘depth’ ? Must be on smack.

We let Mane, Origi & Minamino leave the club have have replaced them with a lad who has never played in the league, and a young kid who was playing in the Championship last season. We are actively weakening the squad and it’s ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

@LFCMadLad seems to have a lot to say, unless he is getting called out for being a snide. 

I’ve never said “buy anybody”. Not once. I’ve also never said that we need to go out and buy loads of 80m midfielders and attackers. A lot being said for this so called ‘depth’ that we have.

Surely, our fans aren’t saying with a straight face that they are happy with a 35 year old Milner, a fragile Thiago, a waste of space in Ox & Keita & a (flatters to deceive) Jones as our Midfield ‘depth’ ? Must be on smack.

We let Mane, Origi & Minamino leave the club have have replaced them with a lad who has never played in the league, and a young kid who was playing in the Championship last season. We are actively weakening the squad and it’s ridiculous. 

A snide? 

Sort yourself out. 

Must be on smack thinking a team that almost won a quad last season is fucked. 

Fucking prick you mate.

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Them examples are exactly his thought process though. 

Hes proved it time and time again. 

I've never known anyone get things wrong on a consistent basis like he does regarding transfers. 

The biggest one was saying we should fuck VVD off and buy someone else instead of waiting for him. 

He literally gets everything wrong.

Asking for more useful/reliable squad replacements for Ox & Keita is THAT much to ask? 

Asking for upgrades for Minamino & Origi in attacking cover is THAT much to ask. 

Not a chance I said to fuck Virgil off. I perhaps said we needed to go into the season with a quality centre back but no chance I said we should fuck off signing him altogether. 

But ofcourse, you’ll ignore all this and start mentioning Rondon again like you do every time rather than answering the points I make with anything other than “I trust Klopp”. If you’re aren’t able to put forward an argument against my points, then don’t bother replying to spout the same shite. 

Instead, you can go down the bookies and collect your winnings from betting on Man Utd to beat your team tonight. Snake. 

This Liverpool side have a feeling of Potchs spurs about them. A great manager, got the players he wanted, had them playing brilliantly but along came a season where they should have won some big silverware and they came up empty one too many times. The next season starts, the team didn't get any fresher, slow start and then the inevitable slump as the players aren't getting up for games. 

I genuinely do think winning the useless double and butchering the league and CL has been a factor here.

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Oh my days. I just saw the first goal. The defending from VVD was unbelievable. Has all the time in the world to press Sancho and get close, but instead stands back, arms behind him waving back and forth like a charmed cobra. Horrific stuff. 

It was god awful. Milner was shit himself tonight, but I’m glad he ranted in VVD’s face. 

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

Asking for more useful/reliable squad replacements for Ox & Keita is THAT much to ask? 

Asking for upgrades for Minamino & Origi in attacking cover is THAT much to ask. 

Not a chance I said to fuck Virgil off. I perhaps said we needed to go into the season with a quality centre back but no chance I said we should fuck off signing him altogether. 

But ofcourse, you’ll ignore all this and start mentioning Rondon again like you do every time rather than answering the points I make with anything other than “I trust Klopp”. If you’re aren’t able to put forward an argument against my points, then don’t bother replying to spout the same shite. 

Instead, you can go down the bookies and collect your winnings from betting on Man Utd to beat your team tonight. Snake. 

Snake?

I thought Utd would win and I put money on it. 

I would have loved to have lost my bet.

I grew up 10 minutes from Anfield, my fathers side of my family are all from Liverpool. I'm far from a fucking snake pal.

How many times you visited Liverpool? 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

This Liverpool side have a feeling of Potchs spurs about them. A great manager, got the players he wanted, had them playing brilliantly but along came a season where they should have won some big silverware and they came up empty one too many times. The next season starts, the team didn't get any fresher, slow start and then the inevitable slump as the players aren't getting up for games. 

I genuinely do think winning the useless double and butchering the league and CL has been a factor here.

I said this exact same thing previously. It feels the same, they’ve been stagnating squad wise and while they’ve still managed to get the best out of them, it cannot be sustainable. You have to keep refreshing the team and squad. Only difference is obviously Liverpool capitalised on their great team with the biggest trophies and we did not 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Snake?

I thought Utd would win and I put money on it. 

I would have loved to have lost my bet.

I grew up 10 minutes from Anfield, my fathers side of my family are all from Liverpool. I'm far from a fucking snake pal.

How many times you visited Liverpool? 

Spin it whichever way you like. You’ve bet on your team to lose against bitter rivals AND bet against them making top four. Clearly, you have no faith in them to recover. Look at your posts this season so far. Constantly slagging them off, saying we’ll be lucky to make top four, saying Arsenal are better etc etc. Then on the other hand you say our best players are injured and once they are back we will be loads better. 

So which is it? We’re either in need or improvement or this is just a temporary blip because of the injuries. Can’t have it both ways. 

PS. Don’t need to worry about how many times I’ve been to Liverpool pal. Just focus on your cheat sheets for the Bournemouth game. @Lucas said a Solanke late equaliser, so maybe you can stick a tenner on that. Ssssssssss

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Spin it whichever way you like. You’ve bet on your team to lose against bitter rivals AND bet against them making top four. Clearly, you have no faith in them to recover. Look at your posts this season so far. Constantly slagging them off, saying we’ll be lucky to make top four, saying Arsenal are better etc etc. Then on the other hand you say our best players are injured and once they are back we will be loads better. 

So which is it? We’re either in need or improvement or this is just a temporary blip because of the injuries. Can’t have it both ways. 

PS. Don’t need to worry about how many times I’ve been to Liverpool pal. Just focus on your cheat sheets for the Bournemouth game. @Lucas said a Solanke late equaliser, so maybe you can stick a tenner on that. Ssssssssss

Wow haha

I put money on who I think will win... not on sentiment lol

I hope with all my heart that Liverpool (where I was born and raised) win the league.... but they won't, and I think we will struggle to make top four  

That's not me being a snake, it's me having a fucking opinion. 

You actually think I shouldn't bet against Liverpool because that makes me a snake :rofl:

How many times you been to Anfield again? 

I was born there you dick xD

Having some pessimism isn't embarrassing, but putting 50 on your own team to lose a must win game, when your country is in a cost of living crisis with 'food consumption down across the board' and people getting set to freeze to death or borrow money to keep the lights on in a few months makes you a right cunt. 

Terrible start for Liverpool but I am sure they will recover, Not sure if they will recover quickly enough to close them points down on City though who in theory are the favourites for the title.. 

Who knows, given everything that is going on this season we might end up with a surprise winner other than City or Liverpool... would make a nice change.. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Having some pessimism isn't embarrassing, but putting 50 on your own team to lose a must win game, when your country is in a cost of living crisis with 'food consumption down across the board' and people getting set to freeze to death or borrow money to keep the lights on in a few months makes you a right cunt. 

Really? 

I earn my money and work hard for it. I can bet whatever I want without being called a cunt thank you.

44 minutes ago, Storts said:

I said this exact same thing previously. It feels the same, they’ve been stagnating squad wise and while they’ve still managed to get the best out of them, it cannot be sustainable. You have to keep refreshing the team and squad. Only difference is obviously Liverpool capitalised on their great team with the biggest trophies and we did not 

In Klopp's seventh full season at Dortmund, they won just 4 of their opening 19 league matches and were bottom in February. It's Klopp's seventh full season at Liverpool...

In all seriousness, look at the ages. 

Milner - 36

Henderson - 32

VVD - 31

Matip - 31

Thiago - 31

Firmino - 30

Salah - 30

Robertson - 28

You are talking about Liverpool's entire spine in their 30s. A spine that has competed on all fronts for 4 years. They're ragged and you can question the hunger. I for one don't believe in this panic buy nonsense. You cannot tell me with a straight face that Bissouma for £30m or Nunes for £38 is a Panic Buy.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

In Klopp's seventh full season at Dortmund, they won just 4 of their opening 19 league matches and were bottom in February. It's Klopp's seventh full season at Liverpool...

In all seriousness, look at the ages. 

Milner - 36

Henderson - 32

VVD - 31

Matip - 31

Thiago - 31

Firmino - 30

Salah - 30

Robertson - 28

You are talking about Liverpool's entire spine in their 30s. A spine that has competed on all fronts for 4 years. They're ragged and you can question the hunger. I for one don't believe in this panic buy nonsense. You cannot tell me with a straight face that Bissouma for £30m or Nunes for £38 is a Panic Buy.

Maybe Klopp didn't want them? 

Maybe he's waiting for a player that he wants?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived