19/04/2022 - Liverpool 4-0 Man Utd
24/10/2021 - Man Utd 0-5 Liverpool
13/05/2021 - Man Utd 2-4 Liverpool

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

United even when they are the worst they almost always turn up against Liverpool.

I beg to differ :D 

19/04/2022 - Liverpool 4-0 Man Utd
24/10/2021 - Man Utd 0-5 Liverpool
13/05/2021 - Man Utd 2-4 Liverpool

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I can see Utd winning this.. our squad is decimated with injuries. I know Utd are shite but we are conceding goals, struggling to score and players dropping like flies.

You'll be fine.

Liverpool 3-0 win. Comfortable. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, True Blue said:

What about the 4-0 win from pre season, they all count bitch.

Friendlies between rivals for commercial purposes are a nail in football's coffin. 

• Subscriber

A lot of the media attention tends to sway towards Liverpool heavily beating United but I can't see it happening (despite predicting Liverpool to win 5-0 on Super 6). United have a lot to prove after their first 2 matches and will not want to be bottom of the league still. Liverpool, on the other hand, also have it to prove with 2 draws so far. Should be a good game where neither team is really 'in form'  

I can’t see us battering them. Surely Ten Hag will be a bit more pragmatic in his approach on Monday. After losing so badly against Brentford, they will be fighting like beavers not to be embarrassed again. Or maybe I’m giving this bunch of players too much credit.

All that being said, I hope that our approach is a lot better in this than it has been the last two. We SHOULD still beat them despite out injuries. 

35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

With Jota and Firmino out injured, along with Nunez being suspended, the only threat for Liverpool are Salah, Diaz, and Maguire. 

Firmino is fit, so we are playing a front four. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get all 3 points here, we've not played well and we've got injuries and suspensions.

We should be getting all 3 points here because United have also not played well, but we're definitely starting the season in a bit of a rut and until I see us perform like the Liverpool of last season I'm going to be a bit pessimistic.

Hope we batter them though.

This type of games often don't make much sense. I wouldn't be surprised if Man United win 3-0 nor if they lose 0-3. Neither team should be too confident coming to this and an early goal to either side could see the other collapse.

Last week some posters posted that it would be called off for various reasons, couldn't understand why. 

Brentford beat Utd 4-0 then lost 3-2. Also last week supporters were saying that Liverpool would beat them 6-0. Just because they lost to Brentford doesn't mean to say they'll more heavily to Liverpool, no, not at all. This is the match of the week despite the positions of both teams.

On 21/08/2022 at 01:35, Chickasaw said:

Last week some posters posted that it would be called off for various reasons, couldn't understand why. 

Brentford beat Utd 4-0 then lost 3-2. Also last week supporters were saying that Liverpool would beat them 6-0. Just because they lost to Brentford doesn't mean to say they'll more heavily to Liverpool, no, not at all. This is the match of the week despite the positions of both teams.

Go back 18 months if you still can’t figure out why this might get postponed. Their supporters are planning the same thing. 

10 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I live and work in Geneva so didn't get the news, what happened?

United fans had a big anti-Glazer protest that led to them getting into the ground before the match, causing security fears and having the match called off. They're having a similar protest today - and many of them are keen to have the game called off again, some of them saying it's better if the match ends up being forfeited so there's no chance the Glazers can recoup that matchday revenue if it's postponed again.

I also suspect that Man Utd will have more security than at the last protest to try to stop the match being called off. But if it's called off, hopefully the league follows their own rules this time because I don't think either club can really afford a postponed match with this condensed season.

On 19/08/2022 at 10:49, LFCMadLad said:

I can see Utd winning this.. our squad is decimated with injuries. I know Utd are shite but we are conceding goals, struggling to score and players dropping like flies.

Fortunately for you United's squad is decimated with players fit and ready to play

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool - Monday 22nd August, 2022
  • The title was changed to Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool - Monday 22nd August, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived