• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool - Monday 22nd August, 2022

football forum

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Of course Fernandes has enough time to moan to the ref before feeling the pain. 

All of a sudden he's up and about when Utd attack. Snidey little cunt! 

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

Trent Alexander-Arnold is absolutely dreadful. Still a huge liability defensively - doesn’t seem to be improving 

Under Klopp’s system I don’t think they really need to him improve defensively, he’s essentially an attacking mid. Sorely lacking defensive cover in midfield 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Under Klopp’s system I don’t think they really need to him improve defensively, he’s essentially an attacking mid. Sorely lacking defensive cover in midfield 

But he’s getting found out consistently now. Whether it’s the system or not, he does need to improve. There’s a reason Southgate isn’t a huge fan either. I’m not buying this at all 

9 minutes ago, Storts said:

Trent Alexander-Arnold is absolutely dreadful. Still a huge liability defensively - doesn’t seem to be improving 

He hasn’t at all. Still, we’ll be told he isn’t a defender even though he plays RB in a back four. Should have been moved into midfield by now. 

He hasn’t been the worst tonight though, that award goes to Virgil, he’s been so casual. His defending for their goal was criminal, no wonder Milner ripped into him. 

Klopp has got the midfield wrong. Fabinho needs to be starting this game instead of Milner. Second game in a row that we will have to make a sub early on in the second half. Bobby winds me up coming so deep for the ball, he needs told to fucking stay on the edge of their box. Salah has been invisible, needs a big second half. The whole 11 need a kick up the arse. 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Won't be a disaster if it does.

Based on how they've played for the last few games you'd imagine they'd get overturned faster than what's on show today. Having said that they've shown far better midfield control and our defense is confused. 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

But he’s getting found out consistently now. Whether it’s the system or not, he does need to improve. There’s a reason Southgate isn’t a huge fan either. I’m not buying this at all 

Southgate isn't a fan but Southgate also eats styrofoam and thinks its toast, so that's not really indicative of anything.

Just now, Storts said:

He might need to get better for England but ultimately at Liverpool his defensive frailties are far outweighed by his attacking output in a Liverpool system that has 2 defensive minded midfielders. Liverpool as a team are poor atm, but when they get back to regular performances no one will care that much that he’s a bit lightweight defensively when he’s racking up assist after assist.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd get Milner and Firmino off ASAP. Shame Jota's injured though because idk who we'd put on for Firmino. Carvalho maybe?

Personally I’d take Elliott off for Fabinho. Elliott has looked a bright spark but no end product, Milner has done more to break through the lines imo and Fabinho on should give you more control of possession as well as defensive solidity to build your attacks on and get back to that relentless wave after wave style of attacking.

• Subscriber

Klopp will bring Fab on earlier than he wants to the way this is going. They've had way too much time in that midfield and watching the replay of Martinez having time to think about his pass out from the back sums up the energy level of the first half.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool - Monday 22nd August, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived