The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool - Monday 22nd August, 2022

football forum

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Two fairly easy break throughs of United’s defensive lines so far from Liverpool. If they get their act together there are goals galore available here

Problem is their own defence is shit

Yeah lots of gaps between Liverpool's midfield and defence, and with Liverpool's high line too.

I still expect Man Utd's defence to go to sleep at some point though.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

A very simple but effective game plan from Man Utd. Play your three fastest forwards, get Fernandes to play in the ten role and just hit early through balls in behind the high line first time.

*target Alexander-Arnold...

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah lots of gaps between Liverpool's midfield and defence, and with Liverpool's high line too.

I still expect Man Utd's defence to go to sleep at some point though.

I didn’t realise how stretched Liverpool’s squad is in fairness, I think United are there to be taken defensively but you can’t rely on that to be done by James Milner. They need that front three to step up massively cos no Fabinho, Thiago or Keita is a loss.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

A very simple but effective game plan from Man Utd. Play your three fastest forwards, get Fernandes to play in the ten role and just hit early through balls in behind the high line first time.

Ole’s at the wheel

Just now, Danny said:

I didn’t realise how stretched Liverpool’s squad is in fairness, I think United are there to be taken defensively but you can’t rely on that to be done by James Milner. They need that front three to step up massively cos no Fabinho, Thiago or Keita is a loss.

Agree with you on Fabinho or Thiago... but I don't really rate Keita that highly. He's okay, but honestly goes missing in big matches like this more often than not.

I think we should have spent the huge amount of money we spent on that moron striker on midfielders though.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool - Monday 22nd August, 2022
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Agree with you on Fabinho or Thiago... but I don't really rate Keita that highly. He's okay, but honestly goes missing in big matches like this more often than not.

I think we should have spent the huge amount of money we spent on that moron striker on midfielders though.

He’s a better option as back up than having both Milner and Henderson in midfield though surely?

• The title was changed to Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool - Monday 22nd August, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived