• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool - Monday 22nd August, 2022

football forum

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

So it's fair and reasonable to say you perhaps need to sign players that aren't as injury prone? As in, not sign anybody, but sign wisely? 

Especially with the knowledge that Milner/Henderson don't appear to be fully fit or can't last a full 90 anymore... 

Oxlade-Chamberlain should have been gone ages ago. 

I think we very clearly need to sign players that aren't as injury prone. I think we tried to sign Bellingham from Dortmund but they've told us to fuck off - so we're waiting until the "right" midfielder is available. We also tried to sign that player Real Madrid spent a lot on... I forget his name, but it's something long that starts with a T, I'll call him Tbhdsfhawefioasdfkl for now. But we obviously didn't get him because Madrid did.

I still think Oxlade-Chamberlain is more useful than Keita when fit. Trouble is he's literally never fit. I think both of them need to be shifted out ASAP with one or two new midfielders brought in ASAP.

In any case, we look absolutely dogshit and I'm going to be hitting the panic button because we've been outplayed by a United side that got hammered by Brentford and hasn't looked like a decent side for over a season.

Just now, Danny said:

Mate their finances have been done to death, most of their money goes into player bonus’ to manage consistent high performances from a small group of players. They are not going to waste the money they can afford for a Bellingham on James Maddison

They are owned by FSG a multi-national sports conglomerate that is run by people whose individual wealth is in the billions. They could revive Maradona's corpse and put him out there if they wanted. 1% of what the Boston Red Sox earn in a season could buy M'Bappe.

No one is saying there's an infinite pool of money. But they're hardly broke xD

No but the point about Liverpool’s transfer strategy is that they use the money they have to sign the right players, not panic and spend £80m+ on James Maddison off of the back of a short term injury problem.

That was absolutely fucking pathetic from those players. Shit game management from Klopp as well. Absolute million miles off a title race at this stage. 

Giving Utd their first win of the season is sickening. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think we very clearly need to sign players that aren't as injury prone. I think we tried to sign Bellingham from Dortmund but they've told us to fuck off - so we're waiting until the "right" midfielder is available. We also tried to sign that player Real Madrid spent a lot on... I forget his name, but it's something long that starts with a T, I'll call him Tbhdsfhawefioasdfkl for now. But we obviously didn't get him because Madrid did.

I still think Oxlade-Chamberlain is more useful than Keita when fit. Trouble is he's literally never fit. I think both of them need to be shifted out ASAP with one or two new midfielders brought in ASAP.

In any case, we look absolutely dogshit and I'm going to be hitting the panic button because we've been outplayed by a United side that got hammered by Brentford and hasn't looked like a decent side for over a season.

Tchouameni. Real Madrid buying him for £100m (?!) is stupidly insane. So fair play if you're not getting him. I get there's probably not that much to spend on one player.

You're playing a Utd side that played totally and remarkably different so it's incomparable really.

It's not even that, Liverpool didn't look themselves at all. The energy seems to be dissipating bit by bit. Going a goal down for 7 games in a row becomes a mental thing and already you're making it harder to win games. We had the same last season - quite often we'd give ourselves far too much to do when you constantly have to score more than 2 to win a game because we always conceded 2. And that problem hasn't gone away!

Anyway, think you'll recover in good time once players like Thiago and Jota come back. Especially Jota. Very effective with goals and assists. But that midfield looked overrun so much today. Maybe Fabinho starting if fully fit might have made a difference.

I think only Elliott comes out of the team with any credit tonight for you guys. Everyone else sub-par.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

No but the point about Liverpool’s transfer strategy is that they use the money they have to sign the right players, not panic and spend £80m+ on James Maddison off of the back of a short term injury problem.

Jesus no-one is saying spend that obscene amount of money!!! Literally who has said that xD

Not every player that has to be signed has to cost that kind of amount.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

That was absolutely fucking pathetic from those players. Shit game management from Klopp as well. Absolute million miles off a title race at this stage. 

Giving Utd their first win of the season is sickening. 

And united who had zero points before this just went above you 🤔 

Just now, Stan said:

Tchouameni. Real Madrid buying him for £100m (?!) is stupidly insane. So fair play if you're not getting him. I get there's probably not that much to spend on one player.

You're playing a Utd side that played totally and remarkably different so it's incomparable really.

It's not even that, Liverpool didn't look themselves at all. The energy seems to be dissipating bit by bit. Going a goal down for 7 games in a row becomes a mental thing and already you're making it harder to win games. We had the same last season - quite often we'd give ourselves far too much to do when you constantly have to score more than 2 to win a game because we always conceded 2. And that problem hasn't gone away!

Anyway, think you'll recover in good time once players like Thiago and Jota come back. Especially Jota. Very effective with goals and assists. But that midfield looked overrun so much today. Maybe Fabinho starting if fully fit might have made a difference.

I think only Elliott comes out of the team with any credit tonight for you guys. Everyone else sub-par.

I think only Carvalho comes out of that looking good tbh. Rest of them should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror because they were embarrassing.

For the 3rd week running too the players just look totally shite. It's definitely concerning.

Jesus no-one is saying spend that obscene amount of money!!! Literally who has said that xD

Not every player that has to be signed has to cost that kind of amount.

James Maddison was literally mentioned in this thread Stan, trying to sign Bellingham and then another midfielder who would cost in the region of £80m is an obscene amount of money…not forgetting they’ve already spent £60m on Nunez

• The topic was unpinned

Archived