talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

Not so sure since the late 90s interest rates fell so low and property prices ballooned so much which led to many working class women only having one child as they could afford decent houses.

What is happening by letting in migrants to do low paid jobs is when they have kids and they can't get on they blame racism when it is more likely coming from a modest background is holding them back.

I say this as many of my own friends only got on the housing ladder as parents or other family members gave them money.

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Waylander said:

What is happening by letting in migrants to do low paid jobs is when they have kids and they can't get on they blame racism when it is more likely coming from a modest background is holding them back.

I say this as many of my own friends only got on the housing ladder as parents or other family members gave them money.

When who's kids can't get on? Migrants and English families? 

It's quite disingenuous to say 'they blame racism' just for that. Especially considering the political climate we're in where the government wants to deport migrants to Rwanda, and it's nothing to do with the reasons you mention. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

When who's kids can't get on? Migrants and English families? 

It's quite disingenuous to say 'they blame racism' just for that. Especially considering the political climate we're in where the government wants to deport migrants to Rwanda, and it's nothing to do with the reasons you mention. 

Its also been proven thay estate agents use to not sell to black people in certain areas. It's not supposed to happen anymore but I expect it still does. It seems we have extremes at both ends. Some people blame racism for everything where as some deny it even exists. Its somewhere in the middle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
45 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Nurses are on strike.

Good on them. Government have screwed them (and other workers) for far too long and I admire them for taking a stand and I don't doubt it's an easy decision for them to take. But government constantly refuse to play ball. They have no problem finding enough resources from the magic money tree to fund other comparatively less important things, but when it comes to paying people what they deserve in line with inflation, suddenly they find it difficult.

Important enough to clap for them on the doorstep and save lives, but not important enough to be paid properly, according to government. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Out of interest why not?

Well the Physio’s aren’t striking and the Nurses are most DN’s that are on time critical visits. If you’re not out packing wounds, cleaning pressure areas and changing meds in syringe drivers, people will die. The striking nurses aren’t in A&E, HDU and critical care etc. Its more the standard non critical stuff on general wards.

11 minutes ago, MUFC said:

First Liverpool now this. What the fuck is happening at clubs?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-64101808

May be an unpopular opinion but changed the laws on security is partly to blame.

You go to a bar or a nightclub now and you are faced by individuals working security that are about as intimidating as a geography teacher. 

The change in the law that meant you couldn't work security if you had a criminal record was huge, you lost about 90% of doorstaff straight away and it kinda brought down private security firms as well. Most of these private security firms were ran by the local gangster who would make sure no trouble would come to any of their establishments. 

3 hours ago, Devil said:

May be an unpopular opinion but changed the laws on security is partly to blame.

You go to a bar or a nightclub now and you are faced by individuals working security that are about as intimidating as a geography teacher. 

The change in the law that meant you couldn't work security if you had a criminal record was huge, you lost about 90% of doorstaff straight away and it kinda brought down private security firms as well. Most of these private security firms were ran by the local gangster who would make sure no trouble would come to any of their establishments. 

Bring back the Salford firms 🤣

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Bring back the Salford firms 🤣

Exactly, no shit went down when the Salford firms ran the doors in Manchester.

Imagine trying to explain why you have a knife hidden on you to 4 or 5 absolute lunatics wanting an excuse to send you home in an ambulance.

You just wouldn't bother would you.

Hence why clubs are now weak as shit and stuff like you mentioned is happening more frequent.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Devil said:

Exactly, no shit went down when the Salford firms ran the doors in Manchester.

Imagine trying to explain why you have a knife hidden on you to 4 or 5 absolute lunatics wanting an excuse to send you home in an ambulance.

You just wouldn't bother would you.

Hence why clubs are now weak as shit and stuff like you mentioned is happening more frequent.

I get your point, but on the flip side, how many poor sods ended up with traumatic brain injuries for simply looking at a bouncer the wrong way? Whilst it’s still on the whole incredibly rare to be knifed to death inside a club (I know numbers have risen), kickings from doormen were a dozen a night and often resulted in horrendous life changing injuries. Source: best mates mum head of A&E at the time (late 90’s/early 00’s). 

• Upvote 3