talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

14 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

It's ridiculous but it probably will be. Don't know why it can't be sunac. He's a cunt as well but slightly lower down on the cuntometre

They're all equal cunts. The thing that worries me with Johnson is he's loved by the ones who voted brexit, doesn't matter what he did

Edited by LFCMike

• Subscriber

Sounds like the 100 MP threshold will see Johnson off and it'll be Sunak or Mordaunt. Not that I'm arsed at this point. A general election is needed to put a stop to this. How anyone can argue the British public is democratically represented when two governments have disintegrated in the space of a few months and there hasn't been a vote for what follows is scandalous.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Can King Charles not do anything?

I have no idea but I wouldn't have thought so.

23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

They're all equal cunts. The thing that worries me with Johnson is he's loved by the ones who voted brexit, doesn't matter what he did

Yeah I know. Which is a worry for the next election. The conservatives know that he is popular.  They might see it as their best bet to stay in power. It's unethical but we expect that from them. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Can King Charles not do anything?

He can dissolve parliament but its something that hasn't been done for around 100 years. 

There was also quite a lot of pressure on him to step back from politics the older his mother got so I can't imagine him wanting to get involved in parliamentary matters. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I haven't shared this before but ive never been so depressed about the future of this country.

I have a fairly stable job that pays well but if my mortgage was up for renewal I'd have to sell as there's no way I'd be able to make repayments at 6%.

I live in what was until about six months ago an attractive place for people in there 20's and 30's to buy because we have fast trains to London. Not any more. There's so many houses up for sale either because landlords have had enough or people need to downsize urgently.

I've already had to make 'smart sacrifices' with my quality of life in preparation for the energy bills to come in but were so reliant on electricity its really difficult to do so. I've never needed to live on credit cards but I think by next year that's a likely situation.

I've never been anxious about the future but this is the first time I'm beginning to feel it. Even when Brexit happened and Covid started I felt confident that 'in five years things will change' but I don't get that vibe any more. I feel I may have been naive and over estimated the competency of all the top seeded politicians in this country.

It saddens me the things we used to take for granted my Son may not have the luxury of doing when he grows up. Like shopping trips to America because the £ was so strong and drinking regularly in the choice of any pub/club. Pints were close to three pounds when I was 18. They're now around seven pound + where I grew up and I know my yearly wage hasn't doubled. That's a minor example but you get my drift.

This obviously resonated with a lot of people, because so many of us have clicked the little up arrow... but it definitely resonated with me. It's not that long ago I was feeling desperate to come back home and re-start life there. I left in the first place because I had a bleak feeling about opportunities in the UK compared to... doing the same things elsewhere.

I can't imagine the uncertainty I'd be feeling if I were still home right now.

It's honestly infuriating because it just feels like it's the result of completely unchecked incompetence. It really highlights the dangers of absolute shit leadership.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It's hilarious but so embarrassing for the country at the same time. 

It would be if there was anything funny about all this to laugh at.... It's a clusterfuck of epic proportions, we are now bouncing from one failed PM to another in quick succession and all those that follow to try and fill the gap are just not up to the task... The sheer levels of incompetence being shown are truly breath-taking. As soon as Johnson had to step down we should have had a General Election because if he failed and was forced to step down then they all failed as a party.. It's just embarrassing and not even remotely funny anymore.. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

There's talk from Tory MPs of defecting to Labour and triggering by-elections if Johnson comes back. I wouldn't rule it out but I also wouldn't be too worried about it.

What a fucking joke if that happens. Just goes to show the calibre of their beliefs.

This is something else that leaves a bad taste in the mouth, I found out about this a couple of weeks ago that I never knew before, Anyone that becomes PM is then entitled to a yearly salary up to £150K per year for the rest of their lives and that includes anyone still alive... Think about that expense to the taxpayer on a yearly basis... rewarding mediocrity.. it's fucking disgraceful!! 

Passive income hack

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

This is something else that leaves a bad taste in the mouth, I found out about this a couple of weeks ago that I never knew before, Anyone that becomes PM is then entitled to a yearly salary up to £150K per year for the rest of their lives and that includes anyone still alive... Think about that expense to the taxpayer on a yearly basis... rewarding mediocrity.. it's fucking disgraceful!! 

Passive income hack

If she had a single ounce of 'leadership' in her fucking body she'd donate every cent of that every year to food bank or the homeless, at least until the country has reversed the damage that she and her party have done this last decade. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If she had a single ounce of 'leadership' in her fucking body she'd donate every cent of that every year to food bank or the homeless, at least until the country has reversed the damage that she and her party have done this last decade. 

xD as if a tory would ever fucking do that

She reminds me of big Mal @Spike @Toinho @Harry

Long story short, Mal announced he was running for a spot in parliament as an independent. During his radio announcement of his run he said the following 

"And the thing about that is, I guess, I was a public figure and I was put on the podium where I was just a person out there ... I'm buggered, I'm sorry, I have to resign."

And then he resigned. About 20 seconds into his political career. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

She reminds me of big Mal @Spike @Toinho @Harry

Long story short, Mal announced he was running for a spot in parliament as an independent. During his radio announcement of his run he said the following 

"And the thing about that is, I guess, I was a public figure and I was put on the podium where I was just a person out there ... I'm buggered, I'm sorry, I have to resign."

And then he resigned. About 20 seconds into his political career. 

I love how 20 to 1 was clickbait shit before youtube. Classic Channel 9