• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christopher Nkunku - Will Move to Chelsea in July 2023

football forum

• The title was changed to Christopher Nkunku - Medical With Chelsea
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's within the rules to line up signings months ahead of any transfer window then I really have no idea why United are taking so long during the windows to sign players. Surely they'd be working on the transfers now like Chelsea and City do on a regular basis. 

I actually don't think it's right either, the windows are there for a reason. All transfer business should be kept within those dates. 

On 01/10/2022 at 14:14, Devil said:

If it's within the rules to line up signings months ahead of any transfer window then I really have no idea why United are taking so long during the windows to sign players. Surely they'd be working on the transfers now like Chelsea and City do on a regular basis. 

I actually don't think it's right either, the windows are there for a reason. All transfer business should be kept within those dates. 

Nkunku having a medical and Chelsea agreeing a fee with Lepiz does make a mockery out of having transfer windows, but I don't think it's illegal and seems to happen all the time. How come United doesn't seem to do it?  United just stinks at buying and selling players and giving out contracts.  

Done deal according to the GOAT Ornstein. 

A player who I really hope is utilized properly. Potentially Hazard levels of influence. 

Chelsea are holding a second round of meetings for sporting director this week.

Nkunku is pretty much done and dusted, there was some competition from the premier league upper reaches. (@David_Ornstein)

— Chelsea (@ouggi) October 3, 2022

German football clubs are usually good at doing transfer business, but RB Leipzig should be receiving more than 60 million euros for Nkunku. A player of his class in today's transfer market is worth at least 100 million euros. A similar thing happened to Haaland, when he left Dortmund for a similar transfer fee, way less than his actual worth in the transfer market. German clubs should set much higher release clauses for such top-class players, similar to what the Spanish clubs do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2022 at 07:21, Michael said:

German football clubs are usually good at doing transfer business, but RB Leipzig should be receiving more than 60 million euros for Nkunku. A player of his class in today's transfer market is worth at least 100 million euros. A similar thing happened to Haaland, when he left Dortmund for a similar transfer fee, way less than his actual worth in the transfer market. German clubs should set much higher release clauses for such top-class players, similar to what the Spanish clubs do.

it is a very low fee, at least given his performances so far, players with damaged stock is Schick and Diaby both off to barely average starts.

23 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it is a very low fee, at least given his performances so far, players with damaged stock is Schick and Diaby both off to barely average starts.

Nkunku's performances have consistently been at a very high level for the last couple of years or so. His transfer value in today's transfer market should be somewhere closer to the 100 million mark or above. Diaby has played quite well, not as good as previous seasons though, while Schick really hasn't got going. As Leverkusen's main centre forward, I think Schick has only scored 2 goals so far this season, which is a poor tally of goals for his usual high standards. Schick scored 24 Bundesliga goals last season, he should at least have 8 goals or thereabouts to his name at this stage of the season.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Christopher Nkunku - Will Move to Chelsea in July 2023
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived